House Price Crash Forum

Tesla...............the Betamax of future cars?

HOLA441
3 hours ago, longgone said:

Exceptionally unlikely that they'd be Teslas.

Berlin made Teslas are almost exclusively sold in Europe.  The notable exception being some Model Y's sent to Taiwan, as they won't buy the Chinese made ones.  And they wouldn't be sent in a batch as small as 25 cars.  Most likely the EV's were from one of the German brands.  

And still pure speculation that an EV was the source of the fire...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

https://electrek.co/2023/07/26/surprise-media-is-misreporting-the-source-of-a-dutch-cargo-ship-fire/

So let’s take stock:

• An official statement in writing says the cause is unknown.
  • There is nothing from officials in writing mentioning the speculation about electric cars.
  • We don’t have a direct quote, and we don’t have a name for the spokesman who supposedly said that EVs were “presumably” involved.
  • The misreported information seems like it could be a misinterpretation of a direct quote that we do know of.
  • At least one media organization has now walked back their misreporting.
  • It was confirmed to us over the phone that the Coast Guard has not come to a conclusion as to the cause and that this is all media speculation.

Of course more info will come out the futher we progress, however i assumed  due to the locality of the fire on the ship they could tell what was parked where ? The alert system must be zoned surely it is a modern ship after all 2013. 

For the Nth time

IMG_6149.png 

As i said the last time you asked over a year ago do we have any stat's on how long ev's take to put out compared to ice ?  Being confined in a steel floating box hardly helps matters. Cold engined  brand new ice cars unfettled by diy mechanics like used one's would be very safe i would imagine. 

HOLA443

Berlin made Teslas are almost exclusively sold in Europe.  The notable exception being some Model Y's sent to Taiwan, as they won't buy the Chinese made ones.  And they wouldn't be sent in a batch as small as 25 cars.  Most likely the EV's were from one of the German brands.  

Was a tongue and cheek comment 😄

Would be rather stupid to ship tesla's from the EU when they are churning them out in china like shirt buttons. 

HOLA444
2 hours ago, Ballyk said:

The Taiwanese do £300bn of mutual trade/yr with China but they won't be seen dead in a Tos?

Crazy.

HOLA445
HOLA446

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66402202

Hyundai fire risk warning as 91,000 vehicles recalled

Recalled Hyundai vehicles

• 2023 Elantra [Note: ICE]
  • 2023 Kona [Note: ICE]
  • 2023 Sonata [Note: ICE]
  • 2023 Tucson [Note: ICE]
  • 2023-2024 Palisade [Note: ICE]

Recalled Kia vehicles

• 2023 Soul [Note: ICE]
  • 2023 Sportage [Note: ICE]
  • 2023-2024 Seltos [Note: ICE]

I guess the real recall for fire hazard is coming from ICE cars. 

HOLA447
On 05/07/2023 at 09:39, Ballyk said:

June-2023-best-sellers_cars.png

https://www.am-online.com/news/market-insight/2023/08/04/ford-puma-is-most-in-demand-car-as-uk-s-july-new-car-sales-hit-three-year-high

smmt-july-3_w555.webp.a50378167026c77cfb2342a4d21315ed.webp

😬

Well, well, well that is unexpected... not!! 😂😂😂

Now that all the model 3 fanbois have 'upgraded' to a model Y there is only really one way for tesla's sales to go...

Tesla... the betamax of cars.

Edited by daveyj

HOLA448
13 minutes ago, daveyj said:

https://www.am-online.com/news/market-insight/2023/08/04/ford-puma-is-most-in-demand-car-as-uk-s-july-new-car-sales-hit-three-year-high

😬

Now that all the model 3 fanbois have 'upgraded' to a model Y there is only really one way for tesla's sales to go...

If Tesla is Betamax, what does that make Ford?

image.png.d1aaa6aadf1149ecd5ea3469c5c23338.png

HOLA449
HOLA4410
13 minutes ago, daveyj said:

Yeah so tesla fanbois are stupid enough to part with more money for a crap car your point being? 😂

No you misunderstood my question  

My point was that VHS outsold betamax. And Tesla are outselling ford. Wouldn't that make Ford the betamax in this analogy?

If you would like me to rephrase the question more simply again, let me know!

HOLA4411
39 minutes ago, mynamehere said:

No you misunderstood my question  

My point was that VHS outsold betamax. And Tesla are outselling ford. Wouldn't that make Ford the betamax in this analogy?

If you would like me to rephrase the question more simply again, let me know!

PMSL aye ok

Ford has the best selling car in the UK but Tesla is outselling them? 🤔

I knew most fanbois were dim but f*ck me 😂

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
10 minutes ago, Gussie said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=166&v=SIpXkQhq1ps&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.westernjournal.com%2F&source_ve_path=MzY4NDIsMjg2NjY&feature=emb_logo

Whilst ICE powered cars do catch fire more often than EVs, the difference is that ICE cars rarely catch fire just sitting in a garage !

5 minutes ago, longgone said:

Careful the EV police will tell you there are more ICE fires overall than EV but fail to tell you they take 2 days to put out and can start up again at anytime.

Whoa there steady on!

If you don't think tesla's are the greatest thing ever invented that makes you a flat earther don't ya know...

51 minutes ago, mynamehere said:

This argument used to be a lot more interesting when Tesla wasn’t selling so many cars. 

now it’s firmly in flat earth territory 

🤣

HOLA4418
1 minute ago, daveyj said:

Whoa there steady on!

If you don't think tesla's are the greatest thing ever invented that makes you a flat earther don't ya know...

🤣

I wonder if Tesla registers thousands to themselves like BYD and leave them in a field to fake the sales numbers and collect the government incentives.😂

HOLA4419
3 hours ago, daveyj said:

😬

You really don't understand Tesla's supply chain do you?

UK Teslas are almost all made in China in the first 6 weeks of a calendar quarter.  They are then shipped across the world via the Suez canal which takes about a month.  So the fact that they appeared in the top 10 in July is pretty astonishing.

Not only that, but as you can see the Model Y is the only premium car, and the only electric car.

A reason for Tesla to celebrate as I'm sure you'll agree (now that you understand how it works!)

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I have a mate who got on the 'apple is a hippy cult' thing early on, and still refuses to beleive today that apple is the largest company in the world by market cap, convinced it's all a con. Must be some accounting tricker, as his office is full of PCs.

I think for some people if you hold a position in your head for long enough, it simply becomes impossible to change that position

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4422
On 04/08/2023 at 16:50, longgone said:

Careful the EV police will tell you there are more ICE fires overall than EV but fail to tell you they take 2 days to put out and can start up again at anytime.

Probably because that is just more BS pumped out by the fossil fuel lobby. Leave them alone and they burn out in around 60min and won't start up again.  

Another related example of the fossil fuel lobbies misinformation is the recent ship fire supposedly caused by self combusting EVs. After being reported as an EV fire by just about every media outlet, it turned out that the 500 EVs being carried were not the cause of or even damaged by the fire. 

It wasn’t an EV that caused the ‘Fremantle Highway’ to catch fire

Did you see any updated reports once it was established that the EVs being carried were not involved in the fire. Of course not, because it wasn't reported in any of the MSN media. In fact despite multiple reports, there never has been a case of a ship fire being caused by the transport of new EVs.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
6 hours ago, Aidan Ap Word said:

and your point, exactly?

3_BLR_TEM_070319LondonRoad_02JPG.jpg

I think you’re reinforcing his point. The fallen tree is resting right on the Tesla’s A pillar and the car appears to be intact. A much smaller tree has pretty much collapsed that Fiesta’s (?) roof, or so it appears from the photo…