House Price Crash Forum

Jacob Rees-Mogg 'considers running to be next leader of the Tory party

rollover

HOLA441
3 hours ago, Homeless Millionaire said:

I'll further qualify what I said above by stating that it might simply come to pass that life in Britain deteriorates to such an extent that we go back to the EU out of necessity rather than preference. 

Not sure they'd want us back, certainly not under the deal we had. They may accept us joining the SM but with no say in how its run (avoids the return of Hannan, Farage&co playing games in their parliament), or insist we have to join the single currency and pay bigger contributions. I can't see them trusting us after our big flounce, and I can't see the British public accepting we held all the losing cards. Nope, Scotland will go it's own way and apply to join. Rump UK ie England and Wales will flounder and wonder where the good times went. But if we continue to get warmer summers at least we can swim in the slurry on the south coast.

HOLA442

Good times? That's part of the equation for me. Whilst I can see that leaving has not and will not work, I can't appreciate the concept of returning.

The Brexit vote was never a choice, merely two varieties of shit sandwich, both of which required one to hold one's nose and take the poison. 

What the remain faction fail to own up to is that before the vote the British were hardly enthusiastic about the EU and there I include many remain voters. That was one of the reasons for the leave success. 

It's precisely that lacklustre approach amongst the British as a whole, not forgetting most other European countries that is leading us towards economic extinction. 

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
On 28/12/2022 at 22:00, Homeless Millionaire said:

Good times? That's part of the equation for me. Whilst I can see that leaving has not and will not work, I can't appreciate the concept of returning.

The Brexit vote was never a choice, merely two varieties of shit sandwich, both of which required one to hold one's nose and take the poison. 

What the remain faction fail to own up to is that before the vote the British were hardly enthusiastic about the EU and there I include many remain voters. That was one of the reasons for the leave success. 

It's precisely that lacklustre approach amongst the British as a whole, not forgetting most other European countries that is leading us towards economic extinction. 

Revisionist claptrap.  Remaining in the EU gave us access to change things, slowly but surely.  I literally sat with UK and German policy makers who were more aligned than you think.

If Br*xiteers really wanted to deliver, they should've defined what it meant and explained the details....like any major policy shift.  That would lose them the swivel eyed brigade, but bring over disillusioned ReMoAnErS and get a sensible wing of the Tories in power.  Instead they drooled tautologies and stupidly undeliverable Bus slogans, then claim agreed increases as the 'win'

Reap what you sow.

HOLA446

Back on topic, actually putting JRM may be a hail mary for the Tories.  Put someone so rabidly unlectable so he personally takes the hit for a GE mauling instead of the Rabid right in general, then gets replaced with a 'cuddly' tory aka Cameron lite.

Same old Tories, same old sc*mbags...  Small c conservatives need to reclaim their party or admit the Tories are lost

HOLA447

Since when did Britain ever want to be outside the tent pissing in ? The EU is a control system and it was beginning to fracture with members like Italy, Greece etc threatening to leave . What was needed was a sacrificial lamb to show them the consequences of going it alone . The UK with a history of discord with the EU was the perfect scapegoat. A fortune has been made by the criminals who threw the UK under the Brexit bus . It will get so bad they will be begging to get back in and no other country will think of leaving. These people have sold the UK out for 30 pieces of silver , if the cost of return is to join the € then they'll do it. Imagine being so gullible you would trust Boris Johnson , then Liz Truss and now Sunak . The choice now is rule by Bruxelles or rule by the Tories where they strip you of all rights , either way they win . 

HOLA448
9 minutes ago, Lucky Larry said:

Since when did Britain ever want to be outside the tent pissing in ? The EU is a control system and it was beginning to fracture with members like Italy, Greece etc threatening to leave . What was needed was a sacrificial lamb to show them the consequences of going it alone . The UK with a history of discord with the EU was the perfect scapegoat. A fortune has been made by the criminals who threw the UK under the Brexit bus . It will get so bad they will be begging to get back in and no other country will think of leaving. These people have sold the UK out for 30 pieces of silver , if the cost of return is to join the € then they'll do it. Imagine being so gullible you would trust Boris Johnson , then Liz Truss and now Sunak . The choice now is rule by Bruxelles or rule by the Tories where they strip you of all rights , either way they win . 

.....are you saying is that looking at how things have been going with us, our lack of brexit benefits, us leaving has made the EU stronger?.....

Stronger together?;)

HOLA449
2 minutes ago, winkie said:

.....are you saying is that looking at how things have been going with us, our lack of brexit benefits, us leaving has made the EU stronger?.....

Stronger together?;)

I think the EU has suffered as well just not to the same extent as the UK , if the democratic will of the people of Scotland had been respected and Scotland remained in the EU then they (EU and Scotland) would definitely have been stronger together 

HOLA4410
6 minutes ago, Lucky Larry said:

I think the EU has suffered as well just not to the same extent as the UK , if the democratic will of the people of Scotland had been respected and Scotland remained in the EU then they (EU and Scotland) would definitely have been stronger together 

What it has done is divide our own UK, Scotland and Northern Ireland......even London who didn't vote to leave either......been very divisive and unstablling....;)

HOLA4411

Who on earth would vote for Mogg as PM? slack jawed 'bitty-bitty'  inbreds in Somerset?    I don't know who is the UKs biggest national embarrassment. Mogg, Farage or Truss? BJ?  We have had a lot to chose from in this last decade. I  suppose it depends on who's mug is in the camera at the time.  Truss gone now but was inline for a National Embarrassment blue ribbon at the time. Farage keeps sticking his gnarled old cok in it every so often as does Mogg when he has some morals to instruct us with. And BJ will be back soon. 

HOLA4412
5 minutes ago, steve99 said:

Who on earth would vote for Mogg as PM? slack jawed 'bitty-bitty'  inbreds in Somerset?    I don't know who is the UKs biggest national embarrassment. Mogg, Farage or Truss? BJ?  We have had a lot to chose from in this last decade. I  suppose it depends on who's mug is in the camera at the time.  Truss gone now but was inline for a National Embarrassment blue ribbon at the time. Farage keeps sticking his gnarled old cok in it every so often as does Mogg when he has some morals to instruct us with. And BJ will be back soon. 

Plenty here.  You can tell quite easily by their drooling....

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
11 hours ago, msi said:

Revisionist claptrap.  Remaining in the EU gave us access to change things, slowly but surely.  I literally sat with UK and German policy makers who were more aligned than you think.

If Br*xiteers really wanted to deliver, they should've defined what it meant and explained the details....like any major policy shift.  That would lose them the swivel eyed brigade, but bring over disillusioned ReMoAnErS and get a sensible wing of the Tories in power.  Instead they drooled tautologies and stupidly undeliverable Bus slogans, then claim agreed increases as the 'win'

Reap what you sow.

If only 'Remain' had had you on their team, they surely would have won the day 😀

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
12 hours ago, bartelbe said:

We can only hope that the senile old farts, that dominant the Tory membership, are stupid enough to pick him as leader. Rees-mogg is electoral poison, he guarantees the Tories stay in opposition.

The Geriatric Tory party dies off and disillusioned Labour, Green, and Lib Dems form a centrist conservative party.  UKIP and Reform boil down to swivel eyed loons and we can have some real progress