House Price Crash Forum

House buyers flood back into market after seven-week shutdown

HOLA441

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/05/16/house-buyers-flood-back-market-seven-week-shutdown/

FLOOD??

Really.

Sorry, just had to start a thread on this article, please remove mods if you think it just more of the same, but media now seems to be getting very worried or there really is now pent up demand to make the biggest financial f*** up in your life.

These people really are shameless, if there is a sudden rush to say Rightmove for example, which is possible, then I am willing to bet it is a rush for the exit

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
3 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

They might be flooding back to look (and get outside of their own four walls).  Whether that looking turns into buying is what we need to see.

I tell you what Buddy, if after 7 weeks of being cooped up in lockdown your first thought "wouldn't it be fun looking inside other peoples houses" then people really need to reevaluate their lives ? 

HOLA445
4 minutes ago, crumblingcon said:

I tell you what Buddy, if after 7 weeks of being cooped up in lockdown your first thought "wouldn't it be fun looking inside other peoples houses" then people really need to reevaluate their lives ? 

People are queueing in cars to buy McDonalds "food".  

I do not understand other people and I don't think I ever will.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
13 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Day after day of rustlers microwave burgers do have their limits.  Cheese isn't quite the same for a start as McD.  Neither is a side of corona-fries.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
6 minutes ago, blackhole said:

Day after day of rustlers microwave burgers do have their limits.  Cheese isn't quite the same for a start as McD.  Neither is a side of corona-fries.

I suppose people could learn to cook instead....

I'm doing at least one barbecue a week at the moment. Kids love it and it's great burgers. When life gives you lemons make lemonade.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
26 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I thought the same myself, totally beyond me.

Not sure what a Big Mac costs these days, but I picked up a pack of 5 sirloin steaks for £11 in Lidl the other day and had minted butters spuds with green beans, two meals for less than  5 quid, and plus I love the process of cooking.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
30 minutes ago, 24gray24 said:

In regard to lockdown pregnancy,  it's a condition of the mortgage offer to tell the mortgage company of any change of circumstances.  

No point in paying peak prices on half a joint salary ...

Apparently its child abuse bringing up children in rented accommodation, don't ya know.  This will backfire in time; who's going to slave away to pay off the national debts?  

HOLA4415

Another quality thread on here. Follows the usual template:

1) Find article and lump everyone trying to buy a house into the shameless / stupid / greedy / etc etc category.

2) 15 replies about something completely unrelated such as in this case people going to Mc Donald's or the price of sirloin steaks.

3) Others join in to confirm everyone trying to buy a house is mentally challenged or some clandestine sweat shop owner.

We now await:

1) The posting of a YouTube video along the lines of lambs to the slaughter.

2) A few more anecdotes about how their neighbour tried to sell his house but had no viewers and has now had to drop his price by 30%.

3) A link to a thread on mumsnet from someone saying they can't sell their house.

4) A further 6 pages moving the debate on from McDonald's to the queues at KFC this morning, the price of vinyl records in relation to CD's, how Boris is to blame for everything and culminating in the creation of another thread in a few days with another bit of click bait decreeing house prices will crash by 50% in 2020. 

It really is quite eye opening looking in at the hysterical hatred on here masquerading as reasoned debate. Funny thing is that I suspect that even if the crash does come, very few regular posters are in a financial position to take advantage of it anyway.

Cue flurry of replies stating how many hundreds of thousands everyone has tucked away offshore ready to snap up property, and ironically become the thing that you seem to detest - land owners hoping to take advantage of future gains.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
2 minutes ago, 24gray24 said:

Twenty Something: do you actually think there are going to be any " future gains"?

If so, how? 

The signs are all pointing to a crash, so if you have a contrary argument (eg printy printy), I'd like to hear it. 

I don't believe I have made a statement saying there are going to be future gains, not within this thread anway. I have made a statement that in 20 something posts on a supposed house price forum, you lot have managed to discuss the price of sirloin steak and queues at McDonald's. Someone needs to post an argument in the first place before I could even think about putting anything contrary up!

HOLA4418

@Twenty Something some of us have been on/off this forum for the last decade "awaiting" some kind of change.  We're all a bit exhausted with the amount of can kicking going on.  And we've between us seen all this behaviour in some guise or another before ... for the past decade++.  

Expect some eye rolling posts as a result.

HOLA4419
22 minutes ago, Twenty Something said:

become the thing that you seem to detest...

I detest idiots deciding, totally incorrectly, what I detest.  I detest my Landlady tring to bully me, and trying to Lord over me.  I detest Establishment minions standing over a soupy, ripe smelling corps telling it will win the marathon tomorrow, if a touch of CPR is done.  I detest liars.

Edited by “Nasty Piece of work”
Typo

HOLA4420
1 hour ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Its the new 'day out'!

Starbucks has also opened 150 stores but apparently not a single one in central London - bar oddly one branch near Southwark station. Its open until 8.30pm for those who want to queue. Surely its going to be queuing round the block for that?

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4421
22 minutes ago, Twenty Something said:

It really is quite eye opening looking in at the hysterical hatred on here masquerading as reasoned debate. 

You dont expect people to remain calm after a decade++ of can kicking?

24 minutes ago, Twenty Something said:

Funny thing is that I suspect that even if the crash does come, very few regular posters are in a financial position to take advantage of it anyway.

Based on what evidence exactly?  Their "anger" ?  How from your armchair can you speculate this? .... 

HOLA4422
16 minutes ago, Twenty Something said:

ironically become the thing that you seem to detest - land owners hoping to take advantage of future gains.

See above for "future gains". I noticed it because most people are hoping to take advantage of future losses, not gains. 

Thought it might be a Freudian slip, so was curious to ask how you thought gains could be possible. 

You wanted to see a reasoned argument? Ok: world economy has fallen off a cliff. Therefore house prices will be affected as people lose their jobs.

Now do you think there could be future gains and if so, how?

HOLA4423
6 minutes ago, blackhole said:

@Twenty Something some of us have been on/off this forum for the last decade "awaiting" some kind of change.  We're all a bit exhausted with the amount of can kicking going on.  And we've between us seen all this behaviour in some guise or another before ... for the past decade++.  

Expect some eye rolling posts as a result.

Check out my joining date - 2005. I remember back then there was some attempt at debate. It's one of the reasons I joined as although it was obviously biased towards people wanting a crash (myself included), there was some good commentary posted. Unfortunately now it's just become a bit of a joke that I pop in on from time to time when I'm bored / want a laugh. 

HOLA4424
9 minutes ago, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

I detest idiots deciding, totally incorrectly, what I detest.  I detest my Landlady tring to bully me, and trying to Lord over me.  I detest Establishment minions standing over a soupy, ripe smelling corps telling it will win the marathon tomorrow, if a touch of CPR is done.  I detest liars.

Ok. erm. Yup. 

HOLA4425
7 minutes ago, blackhole said:

You dont expect people to remain calm after a decade++ of can kicking?

Based on what evidence exactly?  Their "anger" ?  How from your armchair can you speculate this? .... 

I've managed to. 15 years and counting actually, and except from when I last stubbed my toe on the bed frame in the middle of the night, I have managed to stay very calm. Let's face it, most of those rich enough to own a house have done so / will do so rather than post endlessly on a forum of a few hundred about how unfair life is. In the words of Sean Connery "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."