• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
Just now, Arpeggio said:

If you want to start another thread where people can talk about that, and things like the gold standard being dropped in the 70s you can do that.

Getting in to a dsicssuion of the 2008 financial crisis was not he intention.  What I should have added to my comment was that the statement that "Industrial civilisation would have ended in 2008 were it not for...." is just so like all the implicit (if not explicit!) assertions by many here that "Industrial civilisation would come to end IF covid is not eradicated......."

Edited by anonguest

HOLA443
HOLA444
Just now, anonguest said:

Getting in to a dsicssuion of the 2008 financial crisis was ntot he intention.  What I should have added to my comment was that the statement that "Industrial civilisation would have ended in 2008 were it not for...." is just so like all the implicit (if not explicit!) assertions by many here that "Industrial civilisation would come to end IF covid is not eradicated......."

anonguest, that reply of mine wasn't to you! agree with you though, one reason being how much money was lent on housing that already exists for example (and after the 2010 bailouts). Asset prices aren't an "industrial revolution".

HOLA445
12 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

It is a partisan issue. The UK's covid outcome is the worst in the world because this govt has at every turn sought to prioritise the interests of the market over the heathcare of the general public.

You forget loads of other countries are in much the same position as us and our gov doesn't run them too.  Something deeper lying in western culture is what you need to look for but you will prior assume it's the alt right so searching will be harder.

Lots of people here don't like the present administration for a variety of reasons but don't let it it cloud you.

HOLA446
39 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Smoke rising from House of parliament today. Did the huge amount of shite coming from Hancock's mouth pile up and suddenly combust?

I went for run today at half four in the afternoon that went past the Houses of Parliament and did notice quite a bit of white smoke coming out of the roof on the side of Victoria Tower on the west side. I was not quite sure what was going on!

HOLA447
1 minute ago, anonguest said:

Fair do's. Always happy to admit error.

Sure no worry. Wasn't a serious error and I wasn't offended at all.

5 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Did BJ`s hair catch on fire from all the shaking it does, or did Corbyn storm the building maybe?

It might have just been the regular fumigation of Boris hair that he has every month, to get rid of all the pigeons nesting.

HOLA448
2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I went for run today at half four in the afternoon that went past the Houses of Parliament and did notice quite a bit of white smoke coming out of the roof on the side of Victoria Tower on the west side. I was not quite sure what was going on!

A non-comic guess to this based on past similar incidents in embassies and the like would be burning documentation. Could be anything though. Glad you went for a run, important to keep active.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
11 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Maybe he was burning all the love letters from Trump?

It was love letters intended for Priti Patel, but she was more interested in David Milliband and his Banana, so Ed burnt the letters all, then ate a Sandwich.

The affair started well, but David being the young exploring man that he is, would show boat around with his banana on display much to the temptation of many a suitors eye. Alas the relationship was not to be and all that remains is the ashes of love letters wasted, such is the game of love.

th?id=OIP.zOuD4jLpk-SVqDLzpcZIDgAAAA%26p

The banana is now in London Museum.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4411
49 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Don't suppose you got high from the fumes as you went past?

'Evidence of cocaine use' found throughout Houses of Parliament

Alleged drug lord, one of the world's most wanted men, arrested in Amsterdam

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
1 hour ago, Arpeggio said:

Smoke rising from House of parliament today. Did the huge amount of shite coming from Hancock's mouth pile up and suddenly combust?

Did BJ`s hair catch on fire from all the shaking it does, or did Corbyn storm the building maybe?

lol....Its good to see us having a bit of a laugh on here tonight, re the reasons for the smoke (or steam?)...😄

HOLA4414
46 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

It was love letters intended for Priti Patel, but she was more interested in David Milliband and his Banana, so Ed burnt the letters all, then ate a Sandwich.

The affair started well, but David being the young exploring man that he is, would show boat around with his banana on display much to the temptation of many a suitors eye. Alas the relationship was not to be and all that remains is the ashes of love letters wasted, such is the game of love.

th?id=OIP.zOuD4jLpk-SVqDLzpcZIDgAAAA%26p

The banana is now in London Museum.

Looks like he is trying to throw it into a food bank without getting his suit dirty, loved the interview with him I saw where he prattled on about how people should take refugees into their homes and then at the end when they asked him if he would be taking a refugee in he said...."Eh...no...we have young children in the house...........and the apartment here in NY is pretty small". Might as well have put his Billy Connolly Banana Boots on and gone skiing TBH.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
8 minutes ago, moonriver said:

lol....Its good to see us having a bit of a laugh on here tonight, re the reasons for the smoke (or steam?)...😄

Careful though!  There's so many snowflakes and egos in parliament these days, Left and Right, that you might provoke them to pass yet more 'hate' related legislation so as not to hurt their feelings.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
10 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Looks like he is trying to throw it into a food bank without getting his suit dirty, loved the interview with him I saw where he prattled on about how people should take refugees into their homes and then at the end when they asked him if he would be taking a refugee in he said...."Eh...no...we have young children in the house...........and the apartment here in NY is pretty small". Might as well have put his Billy Connolly Banana Boots on and gone skiing TBH.

Being rich, living in a 99% white area, saying people should take refugees into homes, not taking refugees into home. If he calls poor people racist and cries too, that put's him at Lilly Allen corvette class.....

th?id=OIP.9OltjOBlIHVWt9N448MTcQHaE7%26p

24 minutes ago, moonriver said:

They are choosing a new pope at the House of Commons and Hunter Biden is providing the smoke with his crack pipe.

HOLA4420
31 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

They are choosing a new pope at the House of Commons and Hunter Biden is providing the smoke with his crack pipe.

😄

Wonder if the one with the best Parliment smoke steam gag gets a prize? 😁

Well done Arpeggio for starting what proved to be a fun chat subject, to distract us from the more serious stuff for awhile.  🙂

HOLA4421
22 minutes ago, moonriver said:

😄

Wonder if the one with the best Parliment smoke steam gag gets a prize? 😁

Well done Arpeggio for starting what proved to be a fun chat subject, to distract us from the more serious stuff for awhile.  🙂

Thanks moonriver.

The winning MP gets the prize of a free hug from a page 3 Supermodel who has had positive PCR test within the last 2 days, an accompanying photo shoot, and full page spread Kiss n' tell in the Daily Mail about not following social distancing rules.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Arpeggio said:

Being rich, living in a 99% white area, saying people should take refugees into homes, not taking refugees into home. If he calls poor people racist and cries too, that put's him at Lilly Allen corvette class.....

th?id=OIP.9OltjOBlIHVWt9N448MTcQHaE7%26p

😄 She learned emotional incontinence from a master though?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
2 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Thanks moonriver.

The winning MP gets the prize of a free hug from a Supermodel with large breasts who has had positive PCR test within the last 2 days, an accompanying photo shoot, and full page spread Kiss n' tell in the Daily Mail about not following social distancing rules.

Sounds more like reality than a joke this time. 😄