House Price Crash Forum

bendy

HOLA441

Right so I'm finally in the market to buy so expect an imminent crash of about 90% sometime soon!

Anyway what happens if you basically never use a combi-boiler for the large part of the year?  Where I'm coming from is that I wouldn't need a hot water source for all of the summer and likely maybe fair bits of winter too.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
9 minutes ago, bendy said:

Right so I'm finally in the market to buy so expect an imminent crash of about 90% sometime soon!

Anyway what happens if you basically never use a combi-boiler for the large part of the year?  Where I'm coming from is that I wouldn't need a hot water source for all of the summer and likely maybe fair bits of winter too.

It would last a lot longer :D

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
15 minutes ago, bendy said:

Where I'm coming from is that I wouldn't need a hot water source for all of the summer and likely maybe fair bits of winter too.

Where you are coming from appears to be the planet Minger.

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA449

Cheers, the replies I need.

Nope I get up, dip to the gym, get a rinse there, go back again at lunch, get another rinse, finish work and sometimes go back for round 3, get another rinse then home.  Why use any of your own water/fuel etc. when you can get it all sorted at work and in shape at the same time:D

If it wasn't for standing charges I could see my bills of gas/leccy'water being less than 200 quid a year.  Body temp runs super high due to the amount of exercise (was freezing wet through tonight though :( ).  Never cold in general and get at least 2 showers a day :) 

HOLA4410
Just now, The XYY Man said:

Where you are coming from appears to be the planet Minger.

XYY

See how wrong you are re response above - cleanest person on this board ust don't pay for it:P

HOLA4411
Just now, bendy said:

See how wrong you are re response above - cleanest person on this board ust don't pay for it:P

Your extreme thriftery does you credit young Skywalker...

;)

XYY

HOLA4412
Just now, The XYY Man said:

Your extreme thriftery does you credit young Skywalker...

;)

XYY

I'm not at the point of stealing bog roll yet but if I do go down the buying route there's no saying what could happen!!

I may have previous on helping myself too one too many red or brown sauce sachets (canteen condiments and female staff inclusive):ph34r:

HOLA4413
1 minute ago, bendy said:

I'm not at the point of stealing bog roll yet but if I do go down the buying route there's no saying what could happen!!

I may have previous on helping myself too one too many red or brown sauce sachets (canteen condiments and female staff inclusive):ph34r:

When we do well in a customer audit at work, we are often rewarded by having the coffee-machines put on "free-vend" for a week.

I fill a few Thermos-flasks - and hide them in the boiler-room for the week after...

XYY

HOLA4414
5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

When we do well in a customer audit at work, we are often rewarded by having the coffee-machines put on "free-vend" for a week.

I fill a few Thermos-flasks - and hide them in the boiler-room for the week after...

XYY

I didn't realise you were from Yorkshire 

HOLA4415
7 minutes ago, One-percent said:

I didn't realise you were from Yorkshire 

I'm not.

Born and bred in British West Hartlepool.

My sister's husband is from Leeds though - do I qualify for a Yorkshire passport...?

XYY

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
9 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I'm not.

Born and bred in British West Hartlepool.

My sister's husband is from Leeds though - do I qualify for a Yorkshire passport...?

XYY

With your frugality over the free coffee, you qualify for honorary status as being Yorkshire. The accent is nearly right, just keep away from our monkeys. They are NOT French spys. 

Remember the motto 

Yorkshire Motto:
'Ear all, see all, say nowt;
Eyt all, sup all, pay nowt;
And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt;
Do it fer thissen.

you will be quizzed if you try and cross the border without your passport (flat cap, whippet, or lurcher will suffice, and raving pigeon)

edit to add, I don't know what a raving pigeon is, crapple predictive text obviously does.  Should read racing pigeon 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
2 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

I have posted this before:

I worked with someone who boiled the kettle every night before he went home and filled a Thermos flask so that he didn't have to boil his kettle at home.

It would not have surprised me in the slightest if he drank no hot drinks at the weekend.

I had a lift from him one winter when we had rare snow and ice; his car was freezing. I started fiddling with the heater which didn't seen to be working and he said it needs a new matrix. He probably still hasn't had it fixed yet.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
6 hours ago, Riedquat said:

How do you wash the dishes?

Bring them to work in a bag with me and wash them while I take a shower.  It's amazing what body appendages you can use to get the fiddliest bits clean (fingers you deviants!!)

Srs, boil the kettle so would probably be cheaper to run the boiler!

HOLA4423
6 hours ago, Riedquat said:

How do you wash the dishes?

Paper plates can be had for about a penny each. Washing dishes with gas-heated water is a luxury reserved for the seriously rich.

Or just eat straight out of the saucepan.

HOLA4424
3 minutes ago, bendy said:

Bring them to work in a bag with me and wash them while I take a shower.  It's amazing what body appendages you can use to get the fiddliest bits clean (fingers you deviants!!)

Srs, boil the kettle so would probably be cheaper to run the boiler!

I was more worried about where you'd be putting the plates to dry.

I boiled the kettle instead of turning the water on for washing when I lived in a flat with electric only water and a hot water tank (the shower was electric too, so didn't need another hot water supply for that), but I'd guess that the difference between boiling the kettle and using a combi boiler for that would be fairly tiny, cheaper to heat the water in the boiler but quite a bit wasted in the pipes.

Archived