House Price Crash Forum

How do you feel when viewing the Amazon Xmas ad?

Alba

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
7 minutes ago, Alba said:

I view it as simply a non religious but mawkish Xmas ad, as sickly sweet as most of the other ads at this time of the year.  

Wait till you see the sequel. The Muslim gets shot in the face by another Muslim for giving a kafir a Christmas gift. The Christian cleric appreciates the soft-gel knee pads as he kneels for an extended period in the video whilst the IS fanatics spout their propaganda before decapitating him.

HOLA4411
32 minutes ago, Alba said:

I view it as simply a non religious but mawkish Xmas ad, as sickly sweet as most of the other ads at this time of the year.  

Quite. I file it with the trampolining dog one. Companies obviously like making this kind of stuff - but I'm not sure beyond reminding people they exist, it changes minds much. I get practically everything off Amazon already because the prices seem OK, I have free prime and their customer service is exceptional. The fact I've just been let down again by another eBay seller (I paid extra for 24 hours despatch/delivery - and it took a week to arrive - making it useless for the purpose I ordered it for) - only reinforces the wisdom of my choice. 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
48 minutes ago, StainlessSteelCat said:

Quite. I file it with the trampolining dog one. Companies obviously like making this kind of stuff - but I'm not sure beyond reminding people they exist, it changes minds much. I get practically everything off Amazon already because the prices seem OK, I have free prime and their customer service is exceptional. The fact I've just been let down again by another eBay seller (I paid extra for 24 hours despatch/delivery - and it took a week to arrive - making it useless for the purpose I ordered it for) - only reinforces the wisdom of my choice. 

Amazon are an evil, iniquitous company who exploit their workers and pay nothing into the government kitty. They undercut rival companies that don't cheat and drive them out of business, increasing their monopoly and increasing unemployment. Their customer service is based in India or the Phillippines or some other shithole, and will be replaced by robots shortly. But still people sing their virtues. Bizarre.

Posters that whinge on one hand about tax avoidance but then shop exclusively on Amazon, are about as insufferable as posters who whinge about the BBC but then slavishly pay them £150 a year. (I'm not saying the OP is either of those, but there are many posters on here like this).

HOLA4415
36 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Amazon are an evil, iniquitous company who exploit their workers and pay nothing into the government kitty. They undercut rival companies that don't cheat and drive them out of business, increasing their monopoly and increasing unemployment. Their customer service is based in India or the Phillippines or some other shithole, and will be replaced by robots shortly. But still people sing their virtues. Bizarre.

Posters that whinge on one hand about tax avoidance but then shop exclusively on Amazon, are about as insufferable as posters who whinge about the BBC but then slavishly pay them £150 a year. (I'm not saying the OP is either of those, but there are many posters on here like this).

I agree with everything you say, but show me another sizeable company that won't do the same. I've seen some of their evilness at first hand on the marketplace and they'll screw over their customers if the numbers say so. I don't whinge about their tax avoidance though. It's up to government to create tax laws robust enough to stop it. 

HOLA4416
5 hours ago, StainlessSteelCat said:

It's a waste of time upgrading couriers on ebay as basically the vast majority of customers are cheapskates and never do so sellers never spot the rare occasion when someone does. I always pay slightly more for another listing where the 'free' delivery is a nextday courier whenever I do genuinely need something quickly - although I suspect 99% of the crap people buy off ebay they don't really need at all so aren't that bothered about it taking a week or more.

Fast delivery for online orders though, is like fantastic schools and hospitals, in focus groups everyone says it's the thing they value but when it comes to actually paying for it they're not nearly as keen as the rhetoric suggests.

This year I have a suspicion, even some of the better nextday couriers, have been showing a failed attempted delivery online when in fact delivery was delayed by a day.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
13 minutes ago, Pole said:

The amazon advert reminds us that it is possible for Christianity and Islam to peacefully coexist as long as the host country is mostly Christian.

Nah, they start getting uppity at about 5% and start ethinic cleansing by 50%.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived