House Price Crash Forum

If the Government win the Supreme Court case, will there be another SJW meltdon?

Byron

HOLA441
5 hours ago, AThirdWay said:

So how come we had such a decisive remain vote?

Who knows. Immigration was not the only issue. 

If it was the only issue - you could quite easily turn it around and say if there is no immigration problem in Scotland - why did ~40% vote to leave ? Surely it would be close to zero if that were true.

There are also a lot of snp voters in Scotland who follow every word of their 'leaders' like a fan follows a football team. They will literally do whatever they are told is best for them according to the snp. Not all of course , but every snp supporter I have ever known has a 'support' of everything they say in almost a religious manner.

Look at their MSP's for example. In nearly every vote in the house they 100% vote the way they are told. It may in fact be every single vote. I don't know. You certainly see very little movement or 'protest' like you see in nearly every other party. 

Edinburgh as an example has a massive issue with immigration causing serious issues with housing, schooling etc..

Everyone that lives here and doesn't pay for these things knows it. However due to the standard 'racist' response not many are willing to say it publicly.

This is not just EU immigration either. Although the numbers of Polish in Edinburgh is staggering. 

Some people point me in the direction of official figures when I say this.

Problem is these figures are based on the census of 2010. Nearly 7 years ago. And the influx of polish before 2010 was a mere drip compared to the flood in the last 3-4 years. 

As for outside the eu - we seem to be welcoming a baffling number of people from the middle East or north Africa to either do (A) Nothing or (B) Drive private hire taxis part time.

It truly is a mystery to me

Even 5 years ago the sight of a woman in a headscarf in Edinburgh would have made me have a second look - now it's everywhere.

It's an absolute mess and the constant bellowing of sturgeon and her cronies about 'diversity', 'inclusion' , 'welcoming' and 'multiculturalism' is driving a lot of people here into a complete rage.

The idea that Scotland is this uber welcoming wonderful utopia that has no issue with immigration is quite frankly ridiculous. 

It's bubbling under the surface as it has been in numerous other countries for many a year. Perhaps Scotland is slightly 'behind' in terms of the timing - but it's there. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

One last push of diversity and the left can bring the whole thing crashing down. The demographic tipping point is a generation away. 

Thanks CCC. The BBC has done an excellent job of pushing cucked hipsters in front of the camera, to tell us how wonderful the multicultural dream is in Scotland. 

Molyneux explains that the white feather was a powerful tool used by women to control men. Now the state teaches girls to be inclusive, diverse and tolerant. The men will then do as they're told. 

So now we have a generation of young men torn between getting laid or being labeled a wacist. Tough call. 

HOLA443

The 'Teaching' of all this in schools I find the most disturbing. Let them grow up and make their own minds up. What a crazy thought eh - lock me up I must be a mental one !!!

It is brainwashing - and its not even subtle.

HOLA444
12 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

Europe couldn't give a flying ****** about trading with the UK, there are far bigger issues at state.

Exactly the same attitude of the Brixiteers in the UK, soyou will understand. The EU will not give any benificial deal with the UK, just as the UK will not give a deal that includes FoM.

Germany to eurocrats......... "Vot do you mean ve can not sell our cars to Britain?"

HOLA445
6 hours ago, ccc said:

Who knows. Immigration was not the only issue. What else was there, and where is the evidence that it resonated with the Scottish voter?

If it was the only issue - you could quite easily turn it around and say if there is no immigration problem in Scotland - why did ~40% vote to leave ? Surely it would be close to zero if that were true. You could put up a straw man argument, sure... I never suggested that immigration wasn't a problem for everybody, merely that it isn't a problem for most, i.e the "average".

There are also a lot of snp voters in Scotland who follow every word of their 'leaders' like a fan follows a football team. They will literally do whatever they are told is best for them according to the snp. Not all of course , but every snp supporter I have ever known has a 'support' of everything they say in almost a religious manner. Fair enough, but I'm not sure how that moves the argument on? If they are SNP fanatics, UKIP/labour won't change that.

Look at their MSP's for example. In nearly every vote in the house they 100% vote the way they are told. It may in fact be every single vote. I don't know. You certainly see very little movement or 'protest' like you see in nearly every other party. That's a situation other parties could only dream of.... They have a common purpose, a common focus. I don't see that as a bad thing, look what happened when the tory party tried to placate their rebels!

Edinburgh as an example has a massive issue with immigration causing serious issues with housing, schooling etc.. And that's where your previous argument falls down. Edinburgh was very pro union (61% No vote in 2014), so not exactly a hot-bed of SNP activism, and yet voted 74.4% to remain. That undermines your argument that support for the SNP was a driver for the Brexit vote in Scotland, and also that immigration was a driver for Brexit votes.

Everyone that lives here and doesn't pay for these things knows it. However due to the standard 'racist' response not many are willing to say it publicly. Apparently not, ref. the result of the EU referendum. Unless you're suggesting the vote was divided along earner/non-earner lines?

This is not just EU immigration either. Although the numbers of Polish in Edinburgh is staggering. 

Some people point me in the direction of official figures when I say this.

Problem is these figures are based on the census of 2010. Nearly 7 years ago. And the influx of polish before 2010 was a mere drip compared to the flood in the last 3-4 years. Take your point regarding that, but latest figures show the population at 5.37m in 2015, compared to 5.23m in 1971. What's that? About 2.5%?

https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/news/2016/scotlands-population-at-its-highest-ever

As for outside the eu - we seem to be welcoming a baffling number of people from the middle East or north Africa to either do (A) Nothing or (B) Drive private hire taxis part time. So Brexit won't cure immigration? I did note that the 2nd highest country of origin for UK immigrants was China... Don't know why I found that surprising?

It truly is a mystery to me Vote results are fast becoming a mystery to all!

Even 5 years ago the sight of a woman in a headscarf in Edinburgh would have made me have a second look - now it's everywhere. You must have been very sheltered? Muslims have been part of Dundee's community for the past four decades. I remember when Peter Marr's corner shop was bought out by a Pakistani family. The Fintry population was NOT happy, until they wanted a pint of milk at 8 o'clock at night, or on a Saturday afternoon...... I believe the son of that shopkeeper won Dundee's citizen of the year award 15-20 years later.

It's an absolute mess and the constant bellowing of sturgeon and her cronies about 'diversity', 'inclusion' , 'welcoming' and 'multiculturalism' is driving a lot of people here into a complete rage. You make it look as if the SNP are the only political party rolling out these buzzwords? Even the bleedin' TORIES still use these descriptors. Why would you single out the SNP?

The idea that Scotland is this uber welcoming wonderful utopia that has no issue with immigration is quite frankly ridiculous. Indeed, that's why I posted "Don't be taken in by this "Jock Thamson's bairns" rubbish". If we had immigration levels at the same rate as the UK, I'm sure the Brexit vote would have been totally different.

It's bubbling under the surface as it has been in numerous other countries for many a year. Perhaps Scotland is slightly 'behind' in terms of the timing - but it's there. Will it ever come to the fore? Who knows?

HOLA446
6 hours ago, Ill_handle_it said:

Molyneux explains that the white feather was a powerful tool used by women to control men. Now the state teaches girls to be inclusive, diverse and tolerant. The men will then do as they're told. 

So now we have a generation of young men torn between getting laid or being labeled a wacist. Tough call.

Oh dear, sounds like somebody's been reading a bit too much MGTOW and alt-right hate fuel. Time for an internet detox?

Or at least back off the negative stuff and watch some comedy, search for new music etc.

HOLA447
23 hours ago, satch said:

The conflict is really between Tusk et al who basically have said 'right F off out of our club' and people like the German Car Manufactireres who have said 'let's carry on pretty much as before and in any case come to a deal'.

Well it will probably come down to what Merkin wants (if she's still in charge by the time of the Brexit) but I wouldn't assume that to be positive.

HOLA448

On phone so can't reply to that properly but a few points.

I wasn't saying the SNP vote drove the vote - I do think it had an impact though. In my experience - whilst prevalent with 'fans' of all parties - the SNP has the highest number who will blindly follow what they are told to vote for than any other. 

As for the Muslims in Scotland point - I'm talking about the type of muslim all across Scotland today.

There were plenty of muslim Pakistanis at my school. Not a single one wore a headscarf.

Your example of the Dundee shopkeeper - they didn't wear one either did they ?

We are importing a vast number if Muslims who adhere to a muvh harder core form of Islam than we did previously.

I doubt they would say it publicly - but those Muslims who have been in Scotland happily for decades probably are more fearful and angry at this situation than anyone else. Their perfectly good and long standing relationship with the Scottish people is being threatened. I'd be mighty pissed off if I were them.

As for immigration from outside the EU being a larger problem ? I wouldn't agree as even though we are allowing far too many into the uk with no obvious skills or reason as to why - we do at least have CONTROL over it.

We have zero control over half a billion people who may just all one day think ****** it I'm off to the UK.

I frankly think anyone who isn't frightened by our open door immigration policy from the EU must be certifiable. It's insane.

HOLA449
On 06/12/2016 at 10:07 AM, Bruce Banner said:

Germany to eurocrats......... "Vot do you mean ve can not sell our cars to Britain?"

British will be kicked out of the WTO if they attempt to block imports from the EU, so it won't   happen

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Sure, but  that doesn't equate to the EU blocking the UK from buying cars.

Anyway, in the EU and UK politics trumps economics. No matter the cost the UK wants to leave the EU and no matter the cost the EU will make it painful and expensive for the UK.

Archived