House Price Crash Forum

Thomas Mair courtcase

spyguy

HOLA441

Blair saw this and hijacked DReam (who were frankly rubbish so he was welcome to them) and BritPop (which was good) by cosying up to Noel Gallagher.

They would make this the new orthodoxy; anybody who objects to mass immigration of people coming here to live on benefits is to be shouted down and marginalised.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

My GF (of the time!:huh:) described the Gallaghers as unevolved Manc Mick chimps!

That's why I liked her a lot. She had Pinvision.

HOLA443
9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Blair saw this and hijacked DReam (who were frankly rubbish so he was welcome to them) and BritPop (which was good) by cosying up to Noel Gallagher.

They would make this the new orthodoxy; anybody who objects to mass immigration of people coming here to live on benefits is to be shouted down and marginalised.

and Blalir's choice of DReam caused the woeful rise of Brian Cox when his Post-doc supervisor saw the University PR of having a scientific 'rockstar'. It is possible to blame Blair for most things that are wrong today.

Many MPs have been killed in the past. Personally, I find the present hand wringing over Joe Cox to be out of order.

HOLA444
3 minutes ago, LiveinHope said:

and Blalir's choice of DReam caused the woeful rise of Brian Cox when his Post-doc supervisor saw the University PR of having a scientific 'rockstar'. It is possible to blame Blair for most things that are wrong today.

Many MPs have been killed in the past. Personally, I find the present hand wringing over Joe Cox to be out of order.

It fits the narrative of the establishment press; they love it.

HOLA445
11 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Agree Frank, but feel that this is a significant step further.  It is one thing to hijack a pop song for one's own ends but this is the establishment and those who would traditionally oppose the establishment order getting together. I guess it kind of started with the odious bob geldof insisting that 'we' (aka the plebs) needed to feed the world

HOLA446
HOLA447
4 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Agree Frank, but feel that this is a significant step further.  It is one thing to hijack a pop song for one's own ends but this is the establishment and those who would traditionally oppose the establishment order getting together. I guess it kind of started with the odious bob geldof insisting that 'we' (aka the plebs) needed to feed the world

When pop beds down with the establishment it creates a vacancy.

Lest we forget here's "Sir" Bob showing his empathy for the poor of Britain:

JS92653016.jpg

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
2 minutes ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

Do you reckon UKIP/Leave anticipated the negative PR that would arise or they just got lucky? In hindsight it seems obvious that a bunch of wealthy luvvies would come out and help alienate their cause even more.

I keep expecting Eddie Izzard to announce that all the Remain activism and pink beret was a big comedy stunt to get people to vite Brexit.

HOLA4412
2 hours ago, One-percent said:

MPs and pop stars have gotten together to produce a cover of the Stones, you can't always get what you want.  Proceeds to go to Jo Cox's foundation to be set up on her memory.

what strikes me as worrying about this is the way that pop culture and MPs have come together over this.  The traditional stance of MPs and the establishment to pop music is that it has a negative impact on youth and young people.  In its turn the popular musicians of the day would tend to **** a snook at the establishment. 

This coming together of politicians and pop stars signals for me the completion of a hegemonic move to take over the ideology, vales and thought processes of the young.  It appears that the last bastion of dissent, the young, has been thoroughly dismantled.  

Trump's campaign song.

HOLA4413
24 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Trump's campaign song.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/shortcuts/2016/nov/09/how-you-cant-always-get-what-you-want-became-donald-trumps-bizarre-theme-song

Then why did they give him permission to play their music?They didn’t. In fact, the group repeatedly asked him to stop using the song, but he ignored them.

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

When pop beds down with the establishment it creates a vacancy.

Lest we forget here's "Sir" Bob showing his empathy for the poor of Britain:

JS92653016.jpg

What's up with the woman and her shoe. Is it some kind of insult or a secret camera?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Last Wednesday, I’d never heard of Jo Cox. I didn’t know that the rigid infatable scudding alongside our vessel held her two precious shock-headed tots in the prow and was skippered by her husband Brendan. I didn’t know he’d helped organise last week’s ‘thrilla of the flotillas’ on the Thames, or that the Cox family were big Remain campaigners and had been there on my lovely day out on the river.

I wish I had known, for since then I have been thinking of little else but Jo Cox – but what a difference a day makes. In fact, going back to Wednesday, I felt rather embarrassed to find myself cruising on the gin palace commandeered by Sir Bob Geldof to scupper the Farage barge, which was headed downriver with an armada of fisherfolk to the House of Parliament, and have been teased about it ever since.

Bob had rung me to see if I’d come on board. Now, I’ve got a lot of time for Bob, he is a force for good etc, and when he orders you to do something it’s hard to say no. But I didn’t want to do anything disloyal to my brother, cheerleading the Brexit campaign, and said so.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3648678/RACHEL-JOHNSON-showboating-Jo-serving-country.html

HOLA4419
20 minutes ago, workingpoor said:

Last Wednesday, I’d never heard of Jo Cox. I didn’t know that the rigid inflatable scudding alongside our vessel held her two precious shock-headed tots in the prow and was skippered by her husband Brendan. I didn’t know he’d helped organise last week’s ‘thrilla of the flotillas’ on the Thames, or that the Cox family were big Remain campaigners and had been there on my lovely day out on the river.

I wish I had known, for since then I have been thinking of little else but Jo Cox – but what a difference a day makes. In fact, going back to Wednesday, I felt rather embarrassed to find myself cruising on the gin palace commandeered by Sir Bob Geldof to scupper the Farage barge, which was headed downriver with an armada of fisherfolk to the House of Parliament, and have been teased about it ever since.

Bob had rung me to see if I’d come on board. Now, I’ve got a lot of time for Bob, he is a force for good etc, and when he orders you to do something it’s hard to say no. But I didn’t want to do anything disloyal to my brother, cheerleading the Brexit campaign, and said so.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3648678/RACHEL-JOHNSON-showboating-Jo-serving-country.html

It's this quote from that article that say's it all for me!! 

" Finally Bob removed his ancient Nokia from his blouson jacket and did the only possible thing to do in the circs, and it was not to turn the deafening music down as requested. It was to call David Cameron."

And what poster is she talking about in the article, cos the Breaking Point one came out on Thurs a.m. after the flotilla/Geldof farce.

HOLA4420

Just on the issue of the judge not asking for reports on his mental health before sentancing. I believe they may have been prepared after he first appeared in the magistrates court.

The deputy chief magistrate Emma Arbuthnot ordered that Mair be remanded in custody until his next appearance, at the Old Bailey on Monday. He will be held at Belmarsh prison and Arbuthnot suggested that a psychiatric report be prepared, saying: “Bearing in mind the name he has just given, he ought to be seen by a psychiatrist.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/18/thomas-mair-charged-with-of-mp-jo-cox

The magistrate only suggested reports were prepared and there's been no indication they actually were prepared. I thought the purpose of a pre-trial report was to establish if a defendant was fit to stand trial and wouldn't be used for sentancing.

I'd be very interested to find out how he got the gun. Presumably he got it without leaving a phone or internet trail or else the police would have an idea who supplied it. I think he'd have to have a bank account these days to get his benefits, wouldn't that give a clue to if and when he bought the gun.

HOLA4421
24 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

Just on the issue of the judge not asking for reports on his mental health before sentancing. I believe they may have been prepared after he first appeared in the magistrates court.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/18/thomas-mair-charged-with-of-mp-jo-cox

The magistrate only suggested reports were prepared and there's been no indication they actually were prepared. I thought the purpose of a pre-trial report was to establish if a defendant was fit to stand trial and wouldn't be used for sentancing.

I'd be very interested to find out how he got the gun. Presumably he got it without leaving a phone or internet trail or else the police would have an idea who supplied it. I think he'd have to have a bank account these days to get his benefits, wouldn't that give a clue to if and when he bought the gun.

Bear in mind Mair seems to have travelled nowhere in the last 40. Id guess his life consisted of where he could walk in 30 minutes.

I keep seeing comments saying 'Mair ... far right nazi' ...

Just comes across as a lazy dosser.

HOLA4422
30 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

Yes you're right, the judge did suggest that they investigate his mental health after he said "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain" but we heard nothing of this. It could be because he was found mentally fit, or that he or his defence didn't want to make a claim of "insanity" etc. I wondered if he even spoke, as he didn't speak to the police how can we be sure he even spoke to the psychologist??

I still think the judge could have asked for a further analysis before sentencing. The judge in the case of Zack Davies did and no-one was claiming he was mentally ill. What harm can making sure do?

34 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

Me too!! I don't think it would have been that hard for experienced defence barristers to blow gaping wide holes in the means and motive, even if they couldn't challenge the DNA evidence. I can only conclude Thomas Mair instructed them to make no defence, which in my eyes is totally bonkers! Either you want everyone to know exactly why you did it, or you want to mitigate or challenge the charge completely. Who in their right mind just sits there doing and saying nothing!?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
2 hours ago, Notdundespairing said:

What makes you say this, given the guy never said a thing?

Hes never done anything too,

The bloke has sat on his ar5e for ~30 years, just cashing giros.

Being northern, Ive  met quite a few like Mair. Id like to say they are all different, but they are not - lazy, self focussed tw.ts.

Its why I find the far right and Nazi claims a bit far fetched. All the people I know like this are so fcking lazy they would not put themselves out if they were on fire.

Sure he might mouth some unpleasant words but get up and actually do anyhting? Nope.

HOLA4425
14 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Hes never done anything too,

The bloke has sat on his ar5e for ~30 years, just cashing giros.

Being northern, Ive  met quite a few like Mair. Id like to say they are all different, but they are not - lazy, self focussed tw.ts.

Its why I find the far right and Nazi claims a bit far fetched. All the people I know like this are so fcking lazy they would not put themselves out if they were on fire.

Sure he might mouth some unpleasant words but get up and actually do anyhting? Nope.

A Dole'y receiving letters from the local council wanting to turf you out of the nice 3 bed council house you have lived in for 30+ years? So it can be given to someone else? 

That would get them up and complaining wouldn't it? 

Archived