House Price Crash Forum

Thomas Mair courtcase

spyguy

HOLA441
10 hours ago, gilf said:

No you are not right, perfectly legal in the UK to buy and sell Nazi memorabilia. Ebay won't let you sell it, I'm sure other establishments wouldn't want to be involved and it's unlikely you will see a shop on the high street selling, but nothing illegal about it. 

Having said that just looked on ebay and there is a category called WW2 German Memorabilia, not out and out Nazi stuff but plenty of Swastikas on show.

My internet history is starting to look very dodgy. 

Prince Harry may be able to point you in the right direction on where to buy/sell...

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
59 minutes ago, workingpoor said:

Get ready for the Jo Cox christmas charity single,

Band Aid style, i wonder if Geldof is organising? 

http://news.sky.com/story/jo-cox-charity-single-could-be-christmas-number-one-10678052

A charity single in memory of murdered MP Jo Cox could be number one at Christmas.

Music stars including Kaiser Chiefs frontman Ricky Wilson, David Gray, KT Tunstall and Cockney Rebel's Steve Harley have united with politicians for a cover of the Rolling Stones hit You Can't Always Get What You Want.

Described as a "protest" single honouring the legacy and work of the Batley and Spen MP, it will be released a week before the official Christmas number one is announced.

What work?

Im not being funny, but what work?

She was professional charity worker.

Sit there, emote, collect check, holiday somewhere nice , without poor people. Tuscany perhap - providings they Africans have gone.

HOLA443
2 hours ago, Ill_handle_it said:

I no longer listen to Anjem O'Brien on LBC. However, I switched on my digital radio, tuned to LBC, and started scrolling thru the channels. It was just past 10am and O'Brien was in his preamble, the day after the trial verdict. I had to endure about 30 seconds of his race baiting leftist bile before I found another station.

However, in this time he said that we would never know if the pro Brexit poster showing the infinite line of refugees meandering into the horizon, with the caption "Breaking Point" was the thing that made this guy snap.

O'Brien is a sad sad man.

Ironically if Mair was a long term neo Nazi activist with affiliation so to US and South African groups amongst others as suggested by the SPLC then he is clearly identifying with some sort of internationalist white supremacy ideology of the sort Oswald Moseley propounded in Europe a Nation. In that respect the existence of the EU would not matter to him one way or the other just so long as white Aryans ran it. In fact what is noticeable about Mairs book collection is almost none of them appear to relate to Britain or its history. The large quantity of literature on Germany would suggest he would be quite happy with it dominating the continent which would therefore have him on the same page as Merkel and Schauble  Of course, no one in the press seems to have picked up on the apparent irony of someone who is supposed to want to put Britain First spending all his money on literature about a Nazi regime who went to war to unite Europe under a single government. Certainly, it has bugger all to do with the kind of idea about preserving British political sovereignty. There is nothing in Mair's reading or browsing history to suggest he was remotely interested in that subject or the outcome of the EU referendum.

As a final point it might be worth mentioning out that were the far right  ever to  recreate their domination of European politics at the ballot box or by other means then Britain as a member of a EU would have to simply suck up the consequences. The fact that on past historical evidence this is a real possibility never seems to enter the head of those who decry the result of last year's referendum.

HOLA444
1 hour ago, spyguy said:

What work?

Im not being funny, but what work?

She was professional charity worker.

Sit there, emote, collect check, holiday somewhere nice , without poor people. Tuscany perhap - providings they Africans have gone.

While in no way justifying her murder by a nutter, Jo Cox was by all accounts a lamentable MP.

HOLA445
26 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

While in no way justifying her murder by a nutter, Jo Cox was by all accounts a lamentable MP.

Yeah. Thats Labour for you.

At least she was from the area, which is rare these days.

HOLA446
3 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

Grammar school

Read Politics at Cambridge

MP Spad

MEP Spad

Aid 'worker'

Head of policy OXFAM

Worked with Gates Foundation

MP

A potted history from Jo Cox profile in a Telegraph article called 'The Yorkshire lass who achieved her dream'. She certainly went through the ranks quickly. The article is at pains to point out that she packed toothpaste in a factory once, it is important that politicians have a grounding in reality. It is easy to see the disconnect between professional politicians and constituents.

Where as typical Batley voter:

Crap comp, stuffed of Mipuris.

Leave at 16

Dole.

HOLA447
8 hours ago, hotairmail said:

Personally, I would have been exceptionally proud if she had been my daughter.

Being older and more cynical meant I fundamentally didn't agree with her and what she was trying to do, but simultaneously I can admire her unadulterated innocence and someone whose heart was in exactly the right place.

I think she was innocently too kind, totally in a bubble.

HOLA448
HOLA449
8 hours ago, hotairmail said:

Being older and more cynical meant I fundamentally didn't agree with her and what she was trying to do, but simultaneously I can admire her unadulterated innocence and someone whose heart was in exactly the right place.

I'd certainly be relieved and happy that she was living the dream and doing exactly what she wanted on the back of others taxes and donations. By contrast if I was the dad of a Batley lass who had to get on her bike everyday for Deliveroo in the cold and rain I'd feel bloody sad.

HOLA4410
16 hours ago, workingpoor said:

Get ready for the Jo Cox christmas charity single,

Band Aid style, i wonder if Geldof is organising? 

http://news.sky.com/story/jo-cox-charity-single-could-be-christmas-number-one-10678052

A charity single in memory of murdered MP Jo Cox could be number one at Christmas.

Music stars including Kaiser Chiefs frontman Ricky Wilson, David Gray, KT Tunstall and Cockney Rebel's Steve Harley have united with politicians for a cover of the Rolling Stones hit You Can't Always Get What You Want.

Described as a "protest" single honouring the legacy and work of the Batley and Spen MP, it will be released a week before the official Christmas number one is announced.

Oh good grief! As a (sorta) left winger I am a bit (a lot!) embarrassed by this!! I know full well - this would be getting endless amounts of "abuse" and insults if it was a Conservative MP. Anyone remember when Thatcher died, Twitter went ballistic if anyone said anything good about her! Whatever your views are on whether that's okay or not - it should be applied equally and fairly to both sides. Something Labour and certain people representing the Left seem incapable of doing these days :( 

HOLA4411
16 hours ago, Ill_handle_it said:

However, in this time he said that we would never know if the pro Brexit poster showing the infinite line of refugees meandering into the horizon, with the caption "Breaking Point" was the thing that made this guy snap.

O'Brien is a sad sad man

Given that Mair had already got the gun, researched Jo Cox, planned the attack and most likely had left his house BEFORE anyone saw THAT poster - it also seems that O'Brien is a stupid, stupid man! ;-)

HOLA4412
14 hours ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

Ironically if Mair was a long term neo Nazi activist with affiliation so to US and South African groups amongst others as suggested by the SPLC then he is clearly identifying with some sort of internationalist white supremacy ideology of the sort Oswald Moseley propounded in Europe a Nation. In that respect the existence of the EU would not matter to him one way or the other just so long as white Aryans ran it. In fact what is noticeable about Mairs book collection is almost none of them appear to relate to Britain or its history. The large quantity of literature on Germany would suggest he would be quite happy with it dominating the continent which would therefore have him on the same page as Merkel and Schauble  Of course, no one in the press seems to have picked up on the apparent irony of someone who is supposed to want to put Britain First spending all his money on literature about a Nazi regime who went to war to unite Europe under a single government. Certainly, it has bugger all to do with the kind of idea about preserving British political sovereignty. There is nothing in Mair's reading or browsing history to suggest he was remotely interested in that subject or the outcome of the EU referendum.

As a final point it might be worth mentioning out that were the far right  ever to  recreate their domination of European politics at the ballot box or by other means then Britain as a member of a EU would have to simply suck up the consequences. The fact that on past historical evidence this is a real possibility never seems to enter the head of those who decry the result of last year's referendum.

Well said! :)

HOLA4413

Amber Rudd pledges £13.4million to guard every Jewish school, college, and nursery and synagogue in the UK

"Ms Rudd warned against the “increasingly sophisticated” tactics of far-right extremists in the wake of the murder of Labour MP Jo Cox."

I understand there is a problem, but this seems quite a leap, doesn't it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/30/amber-rudd-pledges-134million-guard-every-jewish-school-college/ 

HOLA4414
14 hours ago, spyguy said:

A potted history from Jo Cox profile in a Telegraph article called 'The Yorkshire lass who achieved her dream'. She certainly went through the ranks quickly. The article is at pains to point out that she packed toothpaste in a factory once, it is important that politicians have a grounding in reality. It is easy to see the disconnect between professional politicians and constituents.

Yes, I think the speed at which she went through the ranks was maybe due to the fact she worked for Baroness Kinnock and Sarah Brown at some point??

http://www.jocox.org.uk/about-jo/

HOLA4415
9 hours ago, hotairmail said:

It was more like she was doing good for one party that had negative side effects for others.

It was more down to choices rather than doing 'evil'.

While we know all the who, where, what and how of Jo Cox's murder we still don't really know why she was killed rather than any other person or indeed any other politician.

What was it that singled her out as a victim other than the fact she was Mair's local MP. Apparently he kept a dossier on her though the only thing I saw in it was a piece co written with Andrew Mitchell calling for British military intervention against the Assad regime in Syria. She appeared quite prepared to send young Britons to fight and die for her causes.

https://off-guardian.org/2015/10/12/british-mps-want-to-defend-al-qaeda-in-syria-enforce-no-fly-zone-even-if-un-vetoes/

In that respect she was a follower of the Blair foreign policy model with all the cost in blood and treasure that it entailed.

HOLA4416

Some points surrounding the case drawn from media reports (cannot verify if true):

There are Media reports that Mair had also carried out searches on William Hague (according to his browsing history) 

Mair had recieved correspondence from the local council asking him to consider moving from his dead Nan's 3 bed council house (that he had lived in all his life) so that it could be freed up for families being brought into the area, 

Other neighbours in the same street had also recieved these requests from the council.

Jo Cox had been a very prominent campaigner to resettle Syrian refugees in the UK (mainly children and their families) 

Batley & Spen may well have been / or due to be recieving large numbers of Syrian refugees. (being resettled across the UK) 

HOLA4417
  • Thomas Mair had been asked to consider leaving his three-bedroom home
  • He'd lived in the council house for 40 years and was considered a recluse 
  • He had been in house by himself for 20 years after his grandmother died 
  • Murderer suspected foreign family were going to be given his house 

Thomas Mair may have murdered MP Jo Cox because he feared losing his home of 40 years to an immigrant family.

The neo-Nazi had been asked to consider leaving the three bedroom semi-detached council home he had occupied alone since his grandmother’s death 20 years ago.

He suspected, possibly wrongly, it would be given to foreigners moving into his West Yorkshire town and believed the Labour MP would not help him, it was claimed.

The revelation may offer some clue as to what was behind the obsessive recluse’s decision to commit such an appalling crime.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3966766/Did-Neo-Nazi-murder-Jo-fear-d-lose-council-house-grew-Terrorist-thought-property-end-occupied-immigrant-family-MP-wouldn-t-help-him.html

Obviously none of the above was mentioned at the Trial.

HOLA4418
20 hours ago, hotairmail said:

Innocent or naive?

HOLA4419

Some of you may remember this thread regarding Stephen Timms and his attacker - a 21 year old, radicalised, muslim woman. Interesting to compare the links and posts to this case.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7728419/Stabbed-MP-Timms-recovering-after-surgery.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/8107344/Woman-jailed-for-15-years-for-attempting-to-murder-MP.html

Oracle was errm.. an oracle too!

HOLA4420
19 hours ago, Notdundespairing said:

Amber Rudd pledges £13.4million to guard every Jewish school, college, and nursery and synagogue in the UK

"Ms Rudd warned against the “increasingly sophisticated” tactics of far-right extremists in the wake of the murder of Labour MP Jo Cox."

I understand there is a problem, but this seems quite a leap, doesn't it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/30/amber-rudd-pledges-134million-guard-every-jewish-school-college/ 

AS far as I can tell, the far right are not interested in the Jews. Wierdly, there may be some alignment/overlap between far right and Jewish groups.

I dont think there's ever been a far right attack on a Jewish school inthe UK.

The proetction on Jewish sites is to provide protection against Muslims.

HOLA4421
9 minutes ago, spyguy said:

AS far as I can tell, the far right are not interested in the Jews. Wierdly, there may be some alignment/overlap between far right and Jewish groups.

It clearly is to protect against muslim  attacks; what a blatant lie.

HOLA4422

So given that the narrative around the motive seems Fisher Price at best - why do you think no-one in the press is questioning/commenting on this (apart from Louise Mensch who everyone thinks is bonkers)?

It can't be because they haven't noticed, surely?? Are they on some kind of press/legal restrictions? Or is it just that they know they would be "hounded out of town" if they said anything so "controversial"??

Is it a case of the Emperor and his New Clothes - everyone is afraid of being the one to look stupid (racist, in this case) by saying anything?

I really hope that one day the facade falls apart, because even if a murderer has been rightly jailed, the twisting and manipulation of the alleged motive are imho unjustifiable.

HOLA4423
5 hours ago, spyguy said:

Wow, didn't realise that, it seems you're absolutely right!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/16/uk-police-patrols-jewish-areas-heightened-concern
http://news.sky.com/story/is-planning-imminent-attack-on-jewish-schools-10221497
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/thousands-back-call-for-armed-security-outside-jewish-schools-and-synagogues-a3135876.html

Is this a case of people/govts just saying whatever it takes to get what they want??

Interestingly, Jo Cox was anti Israeli govt policy, so along with certain other Labour MPs would have been considered by many to be anti-Semitic herself??

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/news/62492/mps-call-government-toughen-message-israel
http://www.jocox.org.uk/haveyoursay/israelboycottban/
http://www.jocox.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/LFPME_Brochure_FINAL2.pdf

HOLA4424

I think this is a good article about what might be going on around the handling of the motive in the Thomas Mair case. The quote that really hit home for me:

The truly scary thing about the cries of ‘fascism is back!’ is what it reveals in the liberal-left and the commentariat: an unwillingness to engage with political views they don’t share. In essence, ‘fascism’ now simply means ‘views I don’t like, held by people I loathe’. That observers see fascism everywhere reveals far more about their own fear of people who think and vote differently to them than it does about the real state of the far right.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/stop-the-fearmongering-about-fascism/19052#.WEFvNPmLSM8

AND BEWARE THE WRATH OF DO-GOODERS ;-)

The more caring a pose someone assumes, the more shrill and wrathful they become. For the righteous, anything is permitted. Conversely, the more one embraces the virtue of doubt, the less likely one is to want to smash things.

The doubtful tend to be governed by pragmatism: ‘We don’t have answers. We prefer questions. We don’t know what’s right or wrong. We possess no solid certitudes with which to bash people. We live beyond good and evil.’
How very Housepricecrash :)

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/the-wrath-of-the-do-gooders/19029#.WEFwQPmLSM8

HOLA4425

MPs and pop stars have gotten together to produce a cover of the Stones, you can't always get what you want.  Proceeds to go to Jo Cox's foundation to be set up on her memory.

what strikes me as worrying about this is the way that pop culture and MPs have come together over this.  The traditional stance of MPs and the establishment to pop music is that it has a negative impact on youth and young people.  In its turn the popular musicians of the day would tend to **** a snook at the establishment. 

This coming together of politicians and pop stars signals for me the completion of a hegemonic move to take over the ideology, vales and thought processes of the young.  It appears that the last bastion of dissent, the young, has been thoroughly dismantled.  

Archived