House Price Crash Forum

Mark Oaten, Should He Have Resigned?

HOLA441
HOLA442

I think it is a good idea for Mr Oaten to take some time out to sort things out with his wife, rather than take on the leadership of the Lib Dems. I expect my wife would have been hacked off as well if I'd been spending our money on rent boys. There's always shoes she could have spent that money on...

HOLA443
HOLA444

Should he have resigned? Are you mad?

If this guy has the judgement to pay rent-boys while pretending to be heterosexual and happily married and then runs for high political office he's a complete a**ehole and should never be allowed anyhere near the levers of power.

Can you imagine the judgement this guy would exercise in a national crises? Doesnt bear thinking about.

If he were openly gay and sung about his use of rent-boys from the rooftops, that would be a different matter.

But he's not and he didnt.

This level of naivety would not be out of place in a kindergarten.

HOLA445
HOLA446

He had stong views against prostitution in public, yet privately he was up to it.

Therefore thank god another politician has been exposed as a hypocrit.

We need to root them all out and get back to real politics where those that espouse their views do so leading by example rather than exception.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I'm not that interested in what he's done. The top of the Lib Dems are stuffed to the gunnels with various interesting private lives, even more than the other two parties (without any winnowing from the tabloids).

What I'm really interested in - who did it to him. Did the News of the World really find it out on their own, or was he done down by someone in politics. I think it's the Menzies Campbell lot, now that they've exposed Kennedy they've got a taste for blood. No proof at all.

Watch out Simon Hughes.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

What is your view and why?

Oaten may be a bit grubby but it was worse to hear a spokesman for News of the World on Sky talking about how they were obliged to "conduct investigations" into the private lives of politicians, as if they were some kind of officially authorised moral police. Ones who print tits on their inside pages, of course, but moral police all the same.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

He had stong views against prostitution in public, yet privately he was up to it.

Got linkage? All I can find is that he was in favour of prostitution 'tolerance zones'.

Anyway, I think he's a traitor and a coward- by resigning he's legitimising the NOTW's disgusting bigoted worldview IMO.

HOLA4417

Got linkage? All I can find is that he was in favour of prostitution 'tolerance zones'.

Anyway, I think he's a traitor and a coward- by resigning he's legitimising the NOTW's disgusting bigoted worldview IMO.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2004272,00.html

It also alleged that on one occasion Oaten had asked the man to dress in a football strip.

I hope it was the Cottagers :P

I`ll get my coat

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Should he have resigned? Are you mad?

If this guy has the judgement to pay rent-boys while pretending to be heterosexual and happily married and then runs for high political office he's a complete a**ehole and should never be allowed anyhere near the levers of power.

Can you imagine the judgement this guy would exercise in a national crises? Doesnt bear thinking about.

If he were openly gay and sung about his use of rent-boys from the rooftops, that would be a different matter.

But he's not and he didnt.

This level of naivety would not be out of place in a kindergarten.

Agreed. Well put.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Simply put........If you are prepared to seriously decieve both your wife, and your children then you have no business expecting an electorate to trust you either.

Good Ridance, one down now lets hope the News of The World investigate the seedy side of the rest of the cretins running this countries politics into the ground.

Archived