House Price Crash Forum

Mp Burns Himself In Freak Accident (According To Bbc)

worzel

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Not quite sure I understand the following - did he actually know he was being an idiot ?

Just in case I set myself on fire......

"Thankfully there was a hosepipe close by, positioned for just such an eventuality, and my wife Louise had the good sense to immediately douse me with water for 10 minutes.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

He's not even qualified for a Darwin Award, given that he is still alive. Double fail.

The person who stuck his head out of the Gatwick Express train at the weekend, and lost it, would surely qualify?

I thought this thread was about Mr Burns from the Simpsons when I first scanned it.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

A kent MP was badly burnt after trying to light a barbecue with petrol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-37008441

I'm not sure if they refer to it as a freak accident in this report but they did on the breakfast news.

I don't think its a freak accident, more a complete plonker. Good job he's not helping running the country.

Is there something intrinsically very dangerous about starting a BBQ with petrol? I have used petrol to light damp bonfires a few times, and I never set myself on fire.

HOLA4414

The person who stuck his head out of the Gatwick Express train at the weekend, and lost it, would surely qualify?

Ouch. I'm sure the award will be small comfort to his family. Still, something they can put on the mantelpiece to remember him by.

HOLA4415

Is there something intrinsically very dangerous about starting a BBQ with petrol? I have used petrol to light damp bonfires a few times, and I never set myself on fire.

Don't! You really are playing with fire! There might be just a small pool of fuel in your barbie/bonfire but it'll be surrounded by an invisible and explosive cloud of vapour of unknown size.

HOLA4416

It's only a Darwin Award if the contender has no kids - so who knows?

I hadn't realised there were still trains on which you could do this. I remember Ye Olde Days of slam door trains and people were always falling out or having heads lopped off. Usually on the Vomit Comet last train out of town.

HOLA4417

I thought this thread was about Mr Burns from the Simpsons when I first scanned it.

Ugh, Yes. Somethings you just don't want to read over breakfast!

HOLA4418

It's only a Darwin Award if the contender has no kids - so who knows?

I hadn't realised there were still trains on which you could do this. I remember Ye Olde Days of slam door trains and people were always falling out or having heads lopped off. Usually on the Vomit Comet last train out of town.

As a kid I spent many a glorious hour hanging out the back of the Class 50s dragging us down to Sherborne to see my grandad. I had a number of what felt like close calls with bridges and oncoming trains, but aged 10 I only had a little head. Quite how this silly sod managed to get decapitated I don't know though, he must have had half his body out trying to see what was going on.

Archived