House Price Crash Forum

Who Should Be The Next Pm?

OnionTerror

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Steven Crabb

(20/1 with Ladbrokes was 8/1 3rd fav last night when boris was in the running)

Take the 20/1 while you can ;-)

"working class patsie"

Joint ticket with Javid as chancellor allowing Osborne an easy route out ;-)

You heard it here first!

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

The MPs get to choose the two final candidates but it is Tory party members who choose the leader and probably the next PM. The contenders therefore have to appeal to two constituencies one of which is Tory MPs of which the majority were in the Remain camp and the other to Tory members who I suspect predominantly voted Leave. I don't think any of them apart from Theresa May can win enough support in both camps to win. Her main problem is if her rival in the run off is a Brexiter which seems quite possible. May was on the wrong side of the Referendum result even though her support of the Remain case was pretty lukewarm. She will have to be careful what she says in the campaign to avoid upsetting the Tory grassroots . If her opponent in the final membership ballot turns out to be Leadsom she may have fight on her hands

HOLA4419

I think I would actually prefer Mr Pin.

MrPin might have some silly policies, like not having to borrow your future, to pay for the university chancellor's gold toilet seat. MtPin might oppose the development of the High Speed Horse Track from Westonzoyland to Castle Cary. MrPin might not approve of paying BT a fortune to get a single optic fibre to a remote hamlet in Argyll. MrPin might say you have to live in your house if you buy one. MrPin might prefer science and making things, to the money laundering trough we value so much. MrPin might not take the piss out of Diesel drivers, who bought them in good faith because they were told they were cleaner. MrPin might not fund hip beardy Silicon Roundabout coffee shops with no business ideas.

MrPin does not join political parties, so is unlikely to hold the position.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

MrPin might have some silly policies, like not having to borrow your future, to pay for the university chancellor's gold toilet seat. MtPin might oppose the development of the High Speed Horse Track from Westonzoyland to Castle Cary. MrPin might not approve of paying BT a fortune to get a single optic fibre to a remote hamlet in Argyll. MrPin might say you have to live in your house if you buy one. MrPin might prefer science and making things, to the money laundering trough we value so much. MrPin might not take the piss out of Diesel drivers, who bought them in good faith because they were told they were cleaner. MrPin might not fund hip beardy Silicon Roundabout coffee shops with no business ideas.

MrPin does not join political parties, so is unlikely to hold the position.

Pin for PM!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I'm not sure I'd trust any of the above.

My ideal choice would be David Davis, but as he's not interested, I would seek his recommendation.

+1

he's come out of this referendum pretty well.IMHO he should stand.

HOLA4424

The MPs get to choose the two final candidates but it is Tory party members who choose the leader and probably the next PM. The contenders therefore have to appeal to two constituencies one of which is Tory MPs of which the majority were in the Remain camp and the other to Tory members who I suspect predominantly voted Leave. I don't think any of them apart from Theresa May can win enough support in both camps to win. Her main problem is if her rival in the run off is a Brexiter which seems quite possible. May was on the wrong side of the Referendum result even though her support of the Remain case was pretty lukewarm. She will have to be careful what she says in the campaign to avoid upsetting the Tory grassroots . If her opponent in the final membership ballot turns out to be Leadsom she may have fight on her hands

Its very simple.

They will select whoever they think will secure their jobs. Tory party is nothing if not utterly selfish & self-preserving (witness Boris assasination) This means candidate must appeal to actual & potential Tory voters.

If they believe that is gove theyre completely barking.

Thus it will be May.

HOLA4425

It doesn't matter - it's a poisoned chalice and they'll just put in a patsie

The one after this one though, and I'd be very happy to see Rory Stewart - I think he may even pull some of Scotland back

We want MrPin!

Seriously though, Boris is lining up to be next after this. Yesterday's little show from Gollum will be built on as a back-story for why Boris chickened out of this poison chalice.

Archived