House Price Crash Forum

Meanwhile In The Labour Party

Guest TheBlueCat

HOLA441
Guest TheBlueCat

Corbyn is looking shaky. The question is whether his army of SJWs will continue to be back him? He wasn't exactly strongly behind remain and he's had the temerity to say that the people have spoken and that parliament must respect that which makes me think they won't (democracy only being important when the vote goes their way).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Look, the people may have spoken but it was the wrong people.

Everybody who voted Remain did so because they have an Economics degree and have spent many years studying the relative benefits of nation states versus federalised empires.

Everybody who voted Leave is an ill-informed moron who should be enforceably re-educated in big camps somewhere remote.

Bring back Honeker, he knew how to get the right election result.

HOLA443

I hate Corbin, but the feel a little sorry for him. What is the point of another snivelling Blairite in charge?

His main mistake was to go against his gut and support Bremain, his heart obviously wasn't in it (who can blame him).

HOLA444

It will be fun to see the what currently passes as the left (i.e. the SJW's who clearly don't believe in democracy), react to this one.

* sits back, grabs popcorn *

By the way, it's gone quiet about that MP that was killed last week all of a sudden hasn't it. Oh I forgot, we don't need to talk about that any more because Brexit is our current "thing to emote about".

HOLA445

Corbyn deserves to look shaky.

He is a Eurosceptic that changed his tune once he became leader. If he had stuck to his principles, those same principles that got him elected as labour leader, he would have been in the Leave campaign and labour MPs would have had a free vote.

He'd be walking on water right now instead of drowning. Serves him right.

HOLA446

I hate Corbin, but the feel a little sorry for him. What is the point of another snivelling Blairite in charge?

His main mistake was to go against his gut and support Bremain, his heart obviously wasn't in it (who can blame him).

I think Corbyn supported Remain because he was trying to avoid a civil war in his party over an issue he doesn't care that much about.

HOLA447

I think the referendum shows how little traditional Labour voters in northern England trust him and Labour in general. If Labour want to recover some of their voters from UKIP, Corbyn's got to go.

I've just seen Tony Blair being interviewed by Andrew Neil, and he seemed to me to be talking far more sense than any other politician has in the last few days. I'm a bit shocked that I think that. He very wisely declined to comment on Jeremy Corbyn's immediate problems.

HOLA448
HOLA449

The Labour Party would do far better to keep their heads down while the conservatives continue to fall out and dismantle themselves..

Are the conservatives really falling apart? The Eurosceptic thing had being hanging over them since the days of Thatcher. Now we have a clear result, they have a clear direction to go in.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

To me, both Labour and the Conservatives look like basket-cases at present. If there was an election in the next few months, that leaves the Liberal Democrats looking like the only "safe pair of hands".

Wibble. I'd rather have Red Trousers than them and that's saying something.

HOLA4412

Fascinating. The Labour Party is dying before our eyes.

Shadow Cabinet members are resigning and have no faith in Corbyn. But Corbyn has the backing of the SJWs who hijacked the Labour Party from ordinary working people so Corbyn knows that he can win a vote put to the party membership any day of the week.

The Labour Party is dead. Kaputt.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Unbelievable. The Parliamentary Labour Party want to get rid of Corbyn even though the core Labour voter wants him to stay.

The elite v the people yet again. Did they not learn anything last Thursday?

Yes. But is the core Labour voter who voted for Brexit on Thurs the same type of person as the core Labour membership who decides who can be leader? I am pretty sure that they are two entirely different voters.

HOLA4415
Guest TheBlueCat

Yes. But is the core Labour voter who voted for Brexit on Thurs the same type of person as the core Labour membership who decides who can be leader? I am pretty sure that they are two entirely different voters.

I think that's spot on, and it's possible that Corbyn's refusal to dismiss the referendum result could mean he's lost the SJW vote at this point.

HOLA4416

Quite like Corbyn. Wouldn't agree with everything he says, but then that would be me wouldn't it? Who would want to lead the party? Have they got anyone better?

HOLA4417

I think all the numbers say that the general membership still want Corbyn. But those in charge want to ignore this at their peril.

HOLA4418

I think the referendum shows how little traditional Labour voters in northern England trust him and Labour in general. If Labour want to recover some of their voters from UKIP, Corbyn's got to go.

I've just seen Tony Blair being interviewed by Andrew Neil, and he seemed to me to be talking far more sense than any other politician has in the last few days. I'm a bit shocked that I think that. He very wisely declined to comment on Jeremy Corbyn's immediate problems.

It's the 'elder statesman' effect: politicians sometimes do turn wise when out of power or potential power. Couple of prominent examples: Tony Benn, William Hague.

In Blair's case, bear in mind he's also the Voice of Saruman.

HOLA4419

I think all the numbers say that the general membership still want Corbyn. But those in charge want to ignore this at their peril.

Yes, my point exactly.

So Labour is dead. Finished. The SJWs will keep voting Corbyn as leader and being very vocal on twitter.

The BBC will keep listening to the SJWs and giving the impression that they are vast numbers of the population when they are not.

But the real, traditional voter increasingly wants nothing to do with Corbyn's Labour.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Yes, my point exactly.

So Labour is dead. Finished. The SJWs will keep voting Corbyn as leader and being very vocal on twitter.

The BBC will keep listening to the SJWs and giving the impression that they are vast numbers of the population when they are not.

But the real, traditional voter increasingly wants nothing to do with Corbyn's Labour.

Fair point. So who do the traditional labour backbone support - Alan Johnson?

HOLA4422

Are the conservatives really falling apart? The Eurosceptic thing had being hanging over them since the days of Thatcher. Now we have a clear result, they have a clear direction to go in.

Perhaps "falling apart" was a bit strong.

Aside from being effectively leaderless they have to work out who's to take charge now and there are not many ideal candidates.

There is a good chance the future will be turbulent for a while so any/all of that will stick and probably cause some in-fighting.

I just don't see what benefit to Labour of tying themselves in knots publicly when they can just sit back and watch the rollercoaster.

HOLA4423

Perhaps "falling apart" was a bit strong.

Aside from being effectively leaderless they have to work out who's to take charge now and there are not many ideal candidates.

There is a good chance the future will be turbulent for a while so any/all of that will stick and probably cause some in-fighting.

I just don't see what benefit to Labour of tying themselves in knots publicly when they can just sit back and watch the rollercoaster.

Youre apply sense and maturity to Labour.

Bbc headline - half dhadow cabinet set to resign. Theyre fcked.

HOLA4424

Tony Blair is a scumbag, but when it comes to politics, he knows his stuff. Whenever he's opined post-PM on some sort of political situation like the one Corbyn is in, he's usually very insightful.

HOLA4425

Archived