House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
4 minutes ago, ccc said:

I shall repeat as it appears you are slow on the pick up. 

He has said similar on so many occasions it's blatantly obvious there is no irony involved.

Do you have trouble understanding this quite simple concept ?

Look, I know you're struggling here, so, being gracious, I'll explain it to you, as I feel sorry for you:

HE wasn't being ironic, he stated, clearly, that he didn't mean the last part, and any sane person (probably why you're missing it) would understand he was being FACETIOUS.

I suggested YOU didn't understand irony, by YOU suggesting HE needed medical help when it's fairly obvious that YOU need medical help.

I'll leave not for others to laugh a bit more at you, but I am starting to feel sorry for you; continually beating a simple person up isn't my bag.

And again, you're still here, despite many times telling folk it was stupid posting on here, that you were leaving: are you an attention seeker or genuinely unhinged?

Edited to add, here's his original quote:

At this point the only fair outcome would be to cancel Brexit, and have a show hanging of Brexiters outside the Tower of London (well may be not the last bit).

I think anyone with a modicum of an education can understand the last bit was facetious.  Possibly, again, why you don't get it, it's a nuanced subject is humour.

I think I've said in passing maybe when the dust settles we'll hang BoJo, Gove and Fox.  I don't want them to be killed, I am simply being facetious.  

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA442
HOLA443
7 minutes ago, ccc said:

Do you know what the phrase "Maybe" means ?

Mikhail has shown a terrible attitude to those who disagrees with him on numerous occasions. Have you missed this ? 

I haven't disagreed with him....

I also understand what maybe meant, which was the facetious bit.  You do get that, don't you?  I have said many things that, if taken literally, would get me jailed.  But my friends understand that in life, you say things that you don't actually mean: I think I've said I'd love to see Parliament burned to the ground, with the MP's inside.  I don't actually mean that literally, it's a release of anger, an expression; I do not literally want to see 2000 people burned to death.  I am hoping you understand that in real life, people say things like this but don't actually mean them.  

However, you sometimes surprise me with your take on things, as I know you like the literal approach...

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA444

I employ someone who has autism, well aspergers.  He cannot take people being flippant, facetious.  So I am not with him.  However, others whom I know can understand the nuance of language I am flippant with.  They get it, mostly.  

As I said, people say things they don't actually mean, and sometimes the humour attached to it is dark.  I get that, I actually like people who speak like that, as it ca be funny.  I play golf with a man who said the other day, at my complaint of headaches after giving up caffeine "are you sure it's not a tumour?".  I understood he was being flippant, that it was a joke...

Try it.

HOLA445
5 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

I haven't disagreed with him....

I also understand what maybe meant, which was the facetious bit.  You do get that, don't you?  I have said many things that, if taken literally, would get me jailed.  But my friends understand that in life, you say things that you don't actually mean: I think I've said I'd love to see Parliament burned to the ground, with the MP's inside.  I don't actually mean that literally, it's a release of anger, an expression; I do not literally want to see 2000 people burned to death.  I am hoping you understand that in real life, people say things like this but don't actually mean them.  

However, you sometimes surprise me with your take on things, as I know you like the literal approach...

I don't think Mikhail is being facetious or taking the piss. That's my entire point. Is that ok with you ? Should I seek your permission next time I call someone out on something ?

HOLA446
1 minute ago, ccc said:

I don't think Mikhail is being facetious or taking the piss. That's my entire point. Is that ok with you ? Should I seek your permission next time I call someone out on something ?

That's up to you, for I am not your father ccc.  However, calling someone mentally ill on a forum, where people are renowned for being a bit crazier than they would be in real life either states that you are:
1) Attempting to wind them up
or
2) Are a bit unhinged.

I don't like you, and what you stand for, but I am rather hoping it's option 1, for otherwise, well, you're a bit deranged.

I actually think he is being facetious...

HOLA447
HOLA448
7 minutes ago, rollover said:

Back to the Brexit.

Britain to increase Brexit 'divorce bill' offer to Brussels, Chancellor Philip Hammond signals Independent

As it was always going to.  Apparently £40bn now, but Eu want £60bn.

We all know they'll pay £60bn, plus the £13bn a year for the transition phase, for an as yet undetermined time and we're losing the rebate.

Now, about that magic money tree....

I'll be quite interested in seeing how they account for this, as it will push the deficit (not to mention the debt) up to £150bn again this year...

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA449
1 minute ago, HairyOb1 said:

As it was always going to.  Apparently £40bn now, but Eu want £60bn.

We all know they'll pay £60bn, plus the £13bn a year for the transition phase, for an as yet undetermined time and we're losing the rebate.

Now, about that magic money tree....

UK is getting there, two more weeks to go. And in final, EU will get the £100bn they asked for.

HOLA4410
7 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

That's up to you, for I am not your father ccc.  However, calling someone mentally ill on a forum, where people are renowned for being a bit crazier than they would be in real life either states that you are:
1) Attempting to wind them up
or
2) Are a bit unhinged.

I don't like you, and what you stand for, but I am rather hoping it's option 1, for otherwise, well, you're a bit deranged.

I actually think he is being facetious...

If someone is stating publicly that others should be publicly murdered for having a different political stance - I reserve the right to point out they probably have mental issues.

If you have a reasonable explanation as to how this is in any way "deranged" I will be interested. But you won't. Because I make a good point and you would rather side with someone who has clear issues - simply because they hold the similar political view you yourself.

Disturbing.

HOLA4411
Just now, rollover said:

UK is getting there, two more weeks to go. And in final, EU will get the £100bn they asked for.

I do actually think it's slowly sinking into the corridors of power, that any leverage we had over the Eu was largely exaggerated, at best, non extant in reality.  It's amazing the voices on this forum who were shooting out loud "we don't owe them a penny", "they'll get nothing from us", "they need us more than we need them, so don't pay a penny" are strangely silent on the complete capitulation from the UK in brexit negotiations.  In fact, they're termed negotiations, but the reality is we should have fessed up immediately and asked how much should we pay, and it would have likelier been a lot less; the hardening of our ineffectual position has simply hardened there's, in a situation where they always held the nap hand.

It's utterly hysterical anyone, for even a slight moment in time, believed we actually had a hand at all.  I am rubbish at poker, but could have mailed DD in any game he wished to play.

HOLA4412
5 minutes ago, ccc said:

If someone is stating publicly that others should be publicly murdered for having a different political stance - I reserve the right to point out they probably have mental issues.

If you have a reasonable explanation as to how this is in any way "deranged" I will be interested. But you won't. Because I make a good point and you would rather side with someone who has clear issues - simply because they hold the similar political view you yourself.

Disturbing.

No, you don't.  I made a comment before I went away for summer, that it would be strangely comically ironic if I came back to find you'd been run over by a coach load of polish people returning home from Glasgow because of brexit.  People laughed as I assumed they understood I didn't actually want you to be run over by a coach, I was being FACETIOUS.

But again, your literal understanding of the English language and stark refusal to believe it could be anything else than literal marks you out as a bit of a head case.  My employee has an illness, so I work with him in ways to understand him and make sure my language works with him.  However, with you, it's just a case of you being a bit beaten up. If you're still outraged, not faux outraged as I assumed a sane person would be, then seriously, have that scan ccc.

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA4413
7 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

No, you don't.  I made a comment before I went away for summer, that it would be strangely comically ironic if I came back to find you'd been run over by a coach load of polish people returning home from Glasgow because of brexit.  People laughed as I assumed they understood I didn't actually want you to be run over by a coach, I was being FACETIOUS.

But again, your literal understanding of the English language and stark refusal to believe it could be anything else than literal marks you out as a bit of a head case.  My employee has an illness, so I work with him in ways to understand him and make sure my language works with him.  However, with you, it's just a case of you being a bit beaten up. If you're still outraged, not faux outraged as I assumed a sane person would be, then seriously, have that scan ccc.

I'm sure Mikhail is perfectly capable of speaking for themself.

If he wants to confirm he was just being facetious then let's see.

However he has said similar on numerous occasions before and never once indicated he wasn't being serious.

Do you have difficulty understanding this ? 

HOLA4414
4 hours ago, Futuroid said:

Obama stood on a stage and gave his opinion as the leader of the USA at that time. It was clear who he was and what he represented and it's still entirely possible what he said will be true. We won't know until we actually start negotiating trade deals. Certainly Australia have said they are putting the EU before the UK.

We don't even know the scale of the interference from Russia and what form it took. You say "a few hundred racist tweets" but how can you be so sure they weren't running campaigns on other forms of social media - including forums like this? In the US elections, Facebook ads have been traced back to Russia (they even paid for them in Rubles) but some of their campaigns are very subtle (they are not directly pro-trump - they simply attract a specific segment of the population to feed them more propaganda later) some less so, directly promoting rallies for Trump, etc.

Australia of course want a trade deal with the EU and of course with the UK too. Maybe they could even negotiate two deals at the same time?!

The reason being is that we currently make up a big chunk of their trade to the EU. That's before we get on to a shared language, history, immigration (more Brits living now in Aus than the whole EU27) etc etc.

Only an uniformed idiot would keep recycling these posts about Australia preferring the EU. They will get what they can from whoever, whenever. Just like any other country.

HOLA4415
11 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

I do actually think it's slowly sinking into the corridors of power, that any leverage we had over the Eu was largely exaggerated, at best, non extant in reality.  It's amazing the voices on this forum who were shooting out loud "we don't owe them a penny", "they'll get nothing from us", "they need us more than we need them, so don't pay a penny" are strangely silent on the complete capitulation from the UK in brexit negotiations.  In fact, they're termed negotiations, but the reality is we should have fessed up immediately and asked how much should we pay, and it would have likelier been a lot less; the hardening of our ineffectual position has simply hardened there's, in a situation where they always held the nap hand.

It's utterly hysterical anyone, for even a slight moment in time, believed we actually had a hand at all.  I am rubbish at poker, but could have mailed DD in any game he wished to play.

Well, I think it’s their duty to have a go, even if it’s just for show - that I don’t mind. It’s the time left that seems a bit alarming and the sense that we’re hearing populist bravado rather than seeing any pragmatic results.

HOLA4416
3 minutes ago, ccc said:

I'm sure Mikhail is perfectly capable of speaking for themself.

If he wants to confirm he was just being facetious then let's see.

However he has said similar on numerous occasions before and never once indicated he wasn't being serious.

Themself?  Good work.

You've taken it seriously, it doesn't mean it was meant to be taken seriously.

Do you have difficulty understanding this? 

HOLA4417
1 minute ago, HairyOb1 said:

Themself?  Good work.

You've taken it seriously, it doesn't mean it was meant to be taken seriously.

Do you have difficulty understanding this? 

Why are you so keen to stick up for a person you don't even know ? Instead of just allowing them to respond directly ?

HOLA4418
2 minutes ago, ExiledMatty said:

1.  Australia of course want a trade deal with the EU and of course with the UK too. Maybe they could even negotiate two deals at the same time?!

2. The reason being is that we currently make up a big chunk of their trade to the EU. That's before we get on to a shared language, history, immigration (more Brits living now in Aus than the whole EU27) etc etc.

3.  Only an uniformed idiot would keep recycling these posts about Australia preferring the EU. They will get what they can from whoever, whenever. Just like any other country.

1.  They're wanting to do a trade deal with the EU before they do a trade deal with the UK.  That's on the record.

2.  But they have more EU residents than UK residents.  So have a shared history with them too, especially Greece and Italy.  Go to Melbourne buddy, mostly continental Europeans...

3.  So Australia itself is an uninformed idiot, given they said they want to do a deal with the EU before the UK?  Good work matt, the algorithm failed today didn't it.

HOLA4419
Just now, ccc said:

Why are you so keen to stick up for a person you don't even know ? Instead of just allowing them to respond directly ?

Do you really struggle on a daily basis with cognitive functions?

Seriously mate, it's a concern, have that scan.

HOLA4420
Just now, HairyOb1 said:

Do you really struggle on a daily basis with cognitive functions?

Seriously mate, it's a concern, have that scan.

Your trolling is so incredibly obvious it's quite impressive.:lol:

HOLA4421
Just now, ccc said:

Your trolling is so incredibly obvious it's quite impressive.:lol:

Dodging the question not so deftly.

You asked me a question ccc.  I responded.

Do you have difficulty understanding this ? 

I hope you're better in your day job than at this, as you're tremendously bad at it.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
33 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

Dodging the question not so deftly.

You asked me a question ccc.  I responded.

I hope you're better in your day job than at this, as you're tremendously bad at it.

I commented on another poster. You responded. Your choice. You weren't even mentioned. 

HOLA4425
8 minutes ago, ccc said:

I commented on another poster. You responded. Your choice. You weren't even mentioned. 

Oh my, have the beatings really ruined the short term memory?

You said, and I quote:

Directed at me, no?

You really should either see a doctor, soon, or stop drinking, preferably both. Also, please let us know if you're leaving, or staying, as we're really unsure lately, what with all your hissy fits...

Edited by HairyOb1