House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
18 hours ago, Sheeple Splinter said:

I think you are conflating authoritarianism with populism and I'm not saying they're mutually exclusive.

With the exception of 4)., isn't this just standard political practice? 

Corbyn/Labour populism?

HOLA442
5 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

We decided to leave the club, it's reality not punishment. 

I haven't detected any tremors or excitement yet. Everything to date has confirmed the Remainers reservations about leaving and the Leavers incessant whining on about punishment every time reality intrudes on their fantasies doesn't inspire confidence either.  

:lol:

Tremendous.

HOLA443
7 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

We decided to leave the club, it's reality not punishment. 

I haven't detected any tremors or excitement yet. Everything to date has confirmed the Remainers reservations about leaving and the Leavers incessant whining on about punishment every time reality intrudes on their fantasies doesn't inspire confidence either.  

No CoV, the punishment will come from the Tories - they will have free reign. But this is what leavers wanted. Hard Brexit please. Can't wait to run my billboard campaign "I told you so!".

http://www.thenational.scot/news/16038894.Tories_are_using_Brexit_to_get_rid_of_human_rights__warns_Amnesty/

HOLA444
19 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

No CoV, the punishment will come from the Tories - they will have free reign. But this is what leavers wanted. Hard Brexit please. Can't wait to run my billboard campaign "I told you so!".

http://www.thenational.scot/news/16038894.Tories_are_using_Brexit_to_get_rid_of_human_rights__warns_Amnesty/

The National makes RT and Fox News look impeccably neutral :ph34r::lol:

HOLA445
34 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Hmmm.

Wasn’t Duterte one of the politicians Cambridge Analytica helped into power ?

HOLA446
2 minutes ago, pig said:

Hmmm.

Wasn’t Duterte one of the politicians Cambridge Analytica helped into power ?

Indeed he was Pig - somewhere I've seen a photo of Nix casually drinking beer with Duterte's little helpers (aka sycophantic thugs)

HOLA447
23 hours ago, ccc said:

:ph34r::lol:

Populism = anything that people vote for that the powers that be don't like.

By its very definition - populism = DEMOCRACY.

If you include ‘intelligence’ and ‘critical thinking’ in the ‘powers that be’ that could almost make sense.

And it would kind of fit in with your perversion of democracy.

22 hours ago, Byron said:

Populism.

A word invented by infuriated lefties when they discover that the electorate do not want their policies.

Very ‘inventive’ Byron ;)

HOLA448
31 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Indeed he was Pig - somewhere I've seen a photo of Nix casually drinking beer with Duterte's little helpers (aka sycophantic thugs)

So then - this is meant to be  ‘British Empire 2.0’ ? Perhaps we’ve innocently misunderstood the ‘opportunitues’ Brexiters are aiming for.

HOLA449
10 minutes ago, pig said:

So then - this is meant to be  ‘British Empire 2.0’ ? Perhaps we’ve innocently misunderstood the ‘opportunitues’ Brexiters are aiming for.

Make your mind up time:

We're going to be a rain swept little island off the north coast of Europe, with no power or influence in the world.

OR

we control elections all round the world and we have everyones' money.

Which is it?

HOLA4410
1 hour ago, Confusion of VIs said:

hard to see how it could not involve accepting the ECoJ (what else could replace it for the other 27 members).  

Yes, I think the expanded-Civil Aviation Auth route is possible, but would take many years to set up. I'm not sure if/how the FAA model could be used as a template. But that's why I mentioned the 8 year referral idea with the ECoJ regards citizens' appeals, a kind of legal tapering.

the Leavers incessant whining on about punishment every time

In this case I did mean punished by the vote, rather than the EU. The Brit airlines were all fiercely and very publicly opposed to leaving, IIRC. Apologies for ambiguity.

I haven't detected any tremors or excitement yet.

I'm not hugely surprised to hear this!

HOLA4411
17 minutes ago, kzb said:

Make your mind up time:

We're going to be a rain swept little island off the north coast of Europe, with no power or influence in the world.

OR

Which is it?

Both K.

1) The aim is the centre of offshore, tax-evasion and money-laundering for the elites - the .1%.

2) The rest of us will have to continue going down hill whatever the weather. My donkey cart is bigger than yours stuff.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
17 minutes ago, kzb said:

Make your mind up time:

OR

Which is it?

You tell me Einstein lol! But I suggest in ANY eventuality the citizens of the UK are looking at Sefdom 2.0 :)

Quite a while ago now my tin foil hat was itching over why Liam Fox and Trump were all over Duterte.

Hasn’t really helped to learn that Cambridge Analytica have been practicing a 21st century version of colonialism and are also linked with Duterte.

I mean what is it with leaders that chuck civilians out of helicopters or attack them with chemical weapons that is so attractive to the Brexiter cabal ?

HOLA4415
51 minutes ago, pig said:

If you include ‘intelligence’ and ‘critical thinking’ in the ‘powers that be’ that could almost make sense.

And it would kind of fit in with your perversion of democracy.

Very ‘inventive’ Byron ;)

Democracy is whoever wins the vote gets into power - whether you like it or not. If you don't like that - then feel free to disappear off to another country that has another system preferable to yourself. If you even are from the UK of course. :rolleyes:

HOLA4416
3 minutes ago, ccc said:

Democracy is whoever wins the vote gets into power - whether you like it or not. If you don't like that - then feel free to disappear off to another country that has another system preferable to yourself. If you even are from the UK of course. :rolleyes:

Putin deservedly won the election don't ya know. As did all the other jewels of the free world and democracy who kill their opposition.

Vote rigging and voter intimidation is just an annoying minor technicality

If you, as a citizen leave, you become a refugee. And you know how people feel about those that have to flee their country and settle in Europe. With those famous democrats Hitler, Stalin, Saddam and Gadaffi. They should have stayed and protested with flowers.

Like the Jews, those that dared to leave the USSR, the east-African Asians fleeing from Idi Amin in the 70s.

HOLA4417
5 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Putin deservedly won the election don't ya know. As did all the other jewels of the free world and democracy who kill their opposition.

Vote rigging and voter intimidation is just an annoying minor technicality

If you, as a citizen leave, you become a refugee. And you know how people feel about those that have to flee their country and settle in Europe. With those famous democrats Hitler, Stalin, Saddam and Gadaffi. They should have stayed and protested with flowers.

Like the Jews, those that dared to leave the USSR, the east-African Asians fleeing from Idi Amin in the 70s.

Errr ok then.

As I have already said - the idea that the Leave campaign had any type of overall unfair advantage is beyond comprehension. But I think this is what a number of people on here believe. Complete delusion.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
26 minutes ago, ccc said:

Errr ok then.

As I have already said - the idea that the Leave campaign had any type of overall unfair advantage is beyond comprehension. But I think this is what a number of people on here believe. Complete delusion.

Exactly.  To think any of this nonsense had more effect than the might of the BBC and C4 is, like you say, complete delusion.

If they want to ask some REAL questions about elections in this country, they should look at old-fashioned postal votes.

HOLA4420
3 minutes ago, kzb said:

Exactly.  To think any of this nonsense had more effect than the might of the BBC and C4 is, like you say, complete delusion.

If they want to ask some REAL questions about elections in this country, they should look at old-fashioned postal votes.

Yes. Now that is proper corruption.

I see today the £ is back to exactly the same level against the $ as it was the day of the Brexit vote.

So that's because of Brexit ? Or despite of it ? :D

Is this good new or bad news......:rolleyes:

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, thehowler said:

I'm not hugely surprised to hear this!

:) Certainly no sign of it among my London based 100% Remainer friends/peer group.

However, I do also regularly visit my parents in that hotbed of Brexiters, Blackpool, and there is no sign of any excitement there either. Instead there is increasing anger about how things are proceeding. 

HOLA4422
16 minutes ago, ccc said:

Yes. Now that is proper corruption.

I see today the £ is back to exactly the same level against the $ as it was the day of the Brexit vote.

So that's because of Brexit ? Or despite of it ? :D

Is this good new or bad news......:rolleyes:

Neither it's fake news.

The £ hit 1.49036  on the day of the vote and IIRC 1.51 immediately before the Sunderland result came through.  

HOLA4423
6 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Neither it's fake news.

The £ hit 1.49036  on the day of the vote and IIRC 1.51 immediately before the Sunderland result came through.  

But those were mad short term fluctuations.  My mate in the pub says that was all orchestrated anyhow.

According to xe.com and to three significant figures we are 1.42 USD/GBP today and we were 1.42 USD/GBP, exactly two years ago, on 11 April 2016.

HOLA4424
8 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Neither it's fake news.

That was such a short lived spike it doesn't even register on the BBC 5 year graph.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cx250jmk4e7t/pound-sterling-gbp

The £ is roughly back to where it was pre vote. [The median of the rate between January of 2016 and the vote in June is about spot on]

But who cares. What about the question ?

Because of Brexit ? Despite Brexit ? Bad news ? Good news ?

Come on - you lot have been coming back to the currency 'collapse' aspect of Brexit since this debate started. SO what are your thoughts now. You appear awfully shy on the matter all of a sudden. :rolleyes:

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, ccc said:

I like that, sorry pal :)

But when you realise your perversion of democracy doesn’t sit well with any free thinking Briton, even if you’re pathologically irredeemable well I think I’d simply find it embarrassing to inflict you on any other poor country.

And anyway I don’t really have the natural instinct to get rid of citizens that you share with xenophobes and racist *****s. 

Ah well I guess I’m too soft :)