House Price Crash Forum

'unprecedented Leak' Exposes How The World's Wealthy Use Off-Shore Shell Companies To Hide Their Wealth

HOLA441

This is a breaking news story now on the BBC and on Sky News. Panorama is doing a prog on it tomorrow night.

Basically, 11 million docs got leaked last year to a German newspaper documenting how the world's wealthiest allegedly hide their wealth in off-shore accounts and shell companies - many of them located in Panama. Since then a few hundred journalists, around the world, have been working on the leaked info.

There are Brits amongst them including peers and former Tory MPs allegedly. Cameron's Dad is also named.

I am loathe to paste Zerohedge links but, so far, they have posted the best article on the subject. This is going to be a story that grows and grows.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-03/unprecedented-leak-exposes-criminal-financial-dealings-some-worlds-wealthiest-people

An unprecedented leak of more than 11 million documents, called the "Panama Project", has revealed the hidden financial dealings of some of the world's wealthiest people, as well as 12 current and former world leaders and 128 more politicians and public officials around the world.

More than 200,000 companies, foundations and trusts are contained in the leak of information which came from a little-known but powerful law firm based in Panama called Mossack Fonseca, whose files include the offshore holdings of drug dealers, Mafia members, corrupt politicians and tax evaders – and wrongdoing galore.

The law firm is one of the world's top creators of shell companies, which can be legally used to hide the ownership of assets. The data includes emails, contracts, bank records, property deeds, passport copies and other sensitive information dating from 1977 to as recently as December 2015.

It allows a never-before-seen view inside the offshore world — providing a day-to-day, decade-by-decade look at how dark money flows through the global financial system, breeding crime and stripping national treasuries of tax revenues.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

If the vile BBC and Sky are running with this 'expose' for the masses something far bigger is obviously happening in the background.

Smart money is more revelations of institutional paedophile rings within the vile BEEB. Mainstream media is all bought and paid for by the same few satanic freemasons etc.

HOLA445

There are Brits amongst them including peers and former Tory MPs allegedly. Cameron's Dad is also named.

Interesting - they've been itching for a reason to have a leadership challenge, but everyone thought it would be the EU vote...

Another thing - Cameron is leading the 'stay' vote for the right - if he's discredited the stay campaign don't have the same firepower in the rest of the cabinet and backbenchers... (Frankly, GO is useless).

HOLA446

Interesting - they've been itching for a reason to have a leadership challenge, but everyone thought it would be the EU vote...

Another thing - Cameron is leading the 'stay' vote for the right - if he's discredited the stay campaign don't have the same firepower in the rest of the cabinet and backbenchers... (Frankly, GO is useless).

GO? Who? It sounds like a pro BREXIT group.

HOLA447
HOLA448

The Guardian has its homepage dedicated to the leaks.

I think the Russian people might be asking some questions of Mr. Putin.

Don't get your hopes up, nothing will come of it.

I thought all this kind of stuff was well known and standard practice just look at Bernie Ecclestone.

Basically, the German courts accept money as a plea bargain and not that much either.

HOLA449

If the vile BBC and Sky are running with this 'expose' for the masses something far bigger is obviously happening in the background.

Smart money is more revelations of institutional paedophile rings within the vile BEEB. Mainstream media is all bought and paid for by the same few satanic freemasons etc.

My initial suspicions were 'false flag' as everyone led with Putin and his cronies. Now I'm not so sure the British establishment are getting dragged into it?

But so what? Nothing will change, X-Factor back on soon

HOLA4410

My initial suspicions were 'false flag' as everyone led with Putin and his cronies. Now I'm not so sure the British establishment are getting dragged into it?

The British establishment own the media. Few crumbs for the masses here and there to be able to point to balanced journalism then as you say back to X-Factor junk food and alcohol.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The British establishment own the media. Few crumbs for the masses here and there to be able to point to balanced journalism then as you say back to X-Factor junk food and alcohol.

there's no establishment, just a bunch of people not rocking boat and sucking up.

there's definitely no media these days. destroyed!

HOLA4413

So this is the culmination of a year long investigation, a German newspaper has known about it for months, and Panorama have had time to make a programme about it. It involves some of the most powerful figures in world politics and business, but nothing has leaked out from any of the people who knew about it all this time, until now?

Yeah, seems legit.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I can't help thinking so what either. It's more the media trying to make themselves look self important, very orchestrated.

PS David Camerons dad is dead, so it may be quite hard to get a conviction against him.

PPS there are many more wrongs doing on closer to home that the media should be concentrating on, but they are unwilling to touch with a barge pole.

HOLA4416

So this is the culmination of a year long investigation, a German newspaper has known about it for months, and Panorama have had time to make a programme about it. It involves some of the most powerful figures in world politics and business, but nothing has leaked out from any of the people who knew about it all this time, until now?

Yeah, seems legit.

good point, i usually cringe at some of the conspiracy theories on this site. But something smells a bit fishy about this, even to me. Edited by reddog

HOLA4417

One only needs to listen to the interviews with those poor hamstead children to know the mainstream media are entirely bought and paid for by the establishment. The way the MSM spun that story to protect the establishment paedophile rings makes me sick to my stomach. Anyone with a good honest heart can listen to those tapes and know intinctively those poor children were telling the truth. The police didn't even follow up any of the leads they gave. Disgusting.

HOLA4418

good point, i usually cringe at some of the conspiracy theories on this site. But something smells a bit fishy about this, even to me.

oh I think it's legit. looking at tyhe names its going to bloiwup loiasds of people.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

So, any actual important players in the West revealed as implicated or just a few dead ones, with all our current leaders clean as whistles?

I do notice that the President of Iceland is caught up - that'll teach them to prosecute bankers.

Should be interesting to see how Vlad retaliates - I'm sure he has access to some juicy details though I doubt that they will receive the same coverage.

I do wonder about the timing - something bad about to break and the public needs distracting?

HOLA4421

So, any actual important players in the West revealed as implicated or just a few dead ones, with all our current leaders clean as whistles?

I do notice that the President of Iceland is caught up - that'll teach them to prosecute bankers.

Should be interesting to see how Vlad retaliates - I'm sure he has access to some juicy details though I doubt that they will receive the same coverage.

I do wonder about the timing - something bad about to break and the public needs distracting?

assuming it's legit ID guess a partner hassbeenforced to release something so they throwing it all out.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

OK I am waiting for the 2.6TB to appear on the torrents. Then the fun should start.

There is bound to be juicy stuff - the UK features in most of the top ten - even top 3 lists in this analysis.

https://panamapapers.icij.org/graphs/

I am amazed the journos kept it quiet though. They are not normally known for their discretion (or even necessarily sticking to embargos).

HOLA4425

From ZH:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-03/unprecedented-leak-exposes-criminal-financial-dealings-some-worlds-wealthiest-people

The ICIJ findings include evidence that:

• Offshore companies linked to the family of China's top leader, Xi
    Jinping, as well as Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, who has
    positioned himself as a reformer in a country shaken by corruption
    scandals
  • 29 billionaires featured in Forbes Magazine's list of the world's 500 richest people
  • Icelandic Prime Minister Sigmundur David Gunnlaugsson and his wife secretly owned an offshore firm that held millions of dollars in Icelandic bank bonds during the country's financial crisis
  • Associates of Russian President Vladimir Putin secretly shuffled as much as $2 billion through banks and shadow companies
  • New details of offshore dealings by the late father of British Prime
    Minister David Cameron, a leader in the push for tax-haven reform
  • Offshore companies controlled by the Prime Minister of Pakistan, the King of Saudi Arabia and the children of the President of Azerbaijan
  • 33 people and companies blacklisted by the US Government because of evidence that they have done business with Mexican drug lords, terrorist organisations like Hezbollah or rogue nations like North Korea
  • Customers including Ponzi schemers, drug kingpins, tax evaders and at least one jailed sex offender
  • Movie star Jackie Chan, who had at least six companies managed through the law firm

Phew - the leaders of the Free World are, as expected, not implicated (except that nasty country that punished bankers in the wake of financial crash).