Si1

HOLA441
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Nope. Unfurnished house rented.

You do realise that a dishwasher is just one more thing to lug on a truck when the landlord kicks you out because you wont acquiesce to his £50/month rent increase, don't you?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

You do realise that a dishwasher is just one more thing to lug on a truck when the landlord kicks you out because you wont acquiesce to his £50/month rent increase, don't you?

Ha ha! Not had a problem with those implications so far...

HOLA448
HOLA449

Don't do dish washers.....waste of space, electric, time loading it and unloading it, water, very expensive detergents and anti-cal, requires more cutlery and plates to fill up therefore more cupboard space......many things like glasses spoil in dishwasher, many things can't be washed in dishwasher......waste of space, time and money.

Doing the washing up is rather relaxing, sharing the washing and drying up is quality time..... ;)

HOLA4410

Don't do dish washers.....waste of space, electric, time loading it and unloading it, water, very expensive detergents and anti-cal, requires more cutlery and plates to fill up therefore more cupboard space......many things like glasses spoil in dishwasher, many things can't be washed in dishwasher......waste of space, time and money.

Doing the washing up is rather relaxing, sharing the washing and drying up is quality time..... ;)

You are a naturist, and your washing machine does not get much use!

HOLA4411

I couldn't disagree more. Of the four places we live in during the course of each year only one doesn't have a dishwasher and we really, really, miss having one when we're there.

My wife and I both hate washing dishes.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I couldn't disagree more. Of the four places we live in during the course of each year only one doesn't have a dishwasher and we really, really, miss having one.

We are all different.....some require machines to do things for them more than others, no right or wrong way.....choices. :)

HOLA4415

I couldn't disagree more. Of the four places we live in during the course of each year only one doesn't have a dishwasher and we really, really, miss having one when we're there.

They give you more time for marital relations. That's why they're called smeg and siemen

HOLA4416

Amen to that. Like ironing, for me washing up is a meditation.

HOLA4417

Amen to that. Like ironing, for me washing up is a meditation.

Agree....and if you wash up, rinse, and stack well there is no need to dry at all.......ironing is a different concept altogether, iron only what you have to iron, other than that dry well to eliminate creases or iron on yourself via body heat.....prepared to put aside 30 mins for ironing enlightenment once every couple of months. ;)

HOLA4418

We have a Miele washing machine getting on for 15 years old. It has worked flawlessly in all of that time and is built to a very high standard. We also have a Miele dishwasher bought 5 years ago, which has broken. It has nowhere near the build quality of the washing machine.

Repair cost is pretty much the same as the cost of a brand new Bosch machine, as recommended by my mate who repairs many brands of dishwashers but he doesn't mend Miele ones.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I've always felt that you should buy two. And have two sets of everything, then you can just load one and unload the other as you go along. The saving on cupboard space should be more than sufficient to provide the space for the additional dishwasher.

This is what we have. 2 Mieles side by side. Fantastic idea, I got it from a bloke at work who had also set up this way.

HOLA4422

I have a Miele G1530SC purchased in 2006. In that time it must have done 7000+ cycles since we put it on a least twice a day. The previous dishwasher was an indesit. It was rubbish. Cleaned poorly and left everything wet. The Miele is fantastic, cleans 10 times better and dries great too.

Sadly it has just sprung a leak. Fortunately it has Miele's water leak detection system whereby any water leaking from the machine collects in the drip pan and lifts the float valve shutting off the water at source - the connection at the water pipe has a solenoid in it that shuts the inlet valve. Result is no flooded kitchen and a usefull error code to tell you what is wrong.

Fortunately I'm quite handy with repairing things and after removing the side panels I could see water escaping from the water tank inlet solenoid. Taking it off revealed that the rubber O ring is no longer sealing well - probably shrunk/hardened with age. I have bodged it for now with PTFE tape packing it out but will order a suitable O ring this week (its an unusual size which none of the DIY stores stock).

Miele aren't perfect then but I can't complain about an 18p O ring failing after 10 years really.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived