House Price Crash Forum

Nasty Stomach Cold/flu Going Round?

Big Orange

HOLA441

Is there a particulary nasty Stomach illness going about? I myself have been plagued by moderately severe tummy/bowl problems (which includes disturbing back sensations and pale yellow stool once) and when I was sitting on the sofa the previous weekend I thought the radiator behind it was too hot, but realised it was my lower back overheating!

Anyway I booked myself in for a GP appointment this Monday and suspect it's a virus (I emailed a friend who said he had rectal bleeding that seemed more serious than it was and could be down to viral infection, while another friend posted he had very odd severe head/neck/arm pains instead).

Anyway my nasty tummy/back cramps are subsiding, I'm going to the toilet more normally (with mild dehydration and constapation), I feel a lot less like crap, but oddly sluggish and relaxed, like after a serious medical operation.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Sounds similar to what a few people at work have been off with, although yours sounds rather more severe (not that I expect anyone at work to have gone into the detail you've done).

I say I did the wrong and should've stayed at home right away and maybe my symptoms wouldn't have extended past a full week (with the extreme drowsiness and anxiety on top of the scary gut rot prompting me to see medical help).

HOLA448

Is there a particulary nasty Stomach illness going about? I myself have been plagued by moderately severe tummy/bowl problems (which includes disturbing back sensations and pale yellow stool once) and when I was sitting on the sofa the previous weekend I thought the radiator behind it was too hot, but realised it was my lower back overheating!

Anyway I booked myself in for a GP appointment this Monday and suspect it's a virus (I emailed a friend who said he had rectal bleeding that seemed more serious than it was and could be down to viral infection, while another friend posted he had very odd severe head/neck/arm pains instead).

Anyway my nasty tummy/back cramps are subsiding, I'm going to the toilet more normally (with mild dehydration and constapation), I feel a lot less like crap, but oddly sluggish and relaxed, like after a serious medical operation.

Yellow stools, back pain, tummy problems/pain and bowel problems are classic coeliac disease symptoms.

Give up all gluten and see how you feel in 30 to 60 days. It can take long for gluten to leave the body but you should begin to feel better in about 7 to 10 days.

Of course, you need to go see your GP.

HOLA449

Pale yellow stool. Pictures please! Mr Renting is a bit of a turdologist! :blink:

Yes I think there is "something going round". Not been so good myself! Couple of people been off sick.

HOLA4410

Yellow stools, back pain, tummy problems/pain and bowel problems are classic coeliac disease symptoms.

Give up all gluten and see how you feel in 30 to 60 days. It can take long for gluten to leave the body but you should begin to feel better in about 7 to 10 days.

Of course, you need to go see your GP.

Perhaps, but those symptoms overlap with stomach bugs as well, and it came up when I typed up the symptoms (but looking up any symptoms on the Daily Fail or Chuffington Post would scare you into thinking you'll be dead inside six months) but the worse of my symptoms subsided relatively quickly (though four days felt like four weeks) and practically gone now, but a better diet and excercise should stop this thing getting worse and make me recover quickly.

HOLA4411

Perhaps, but those symptoms overlap with stomach bugs as well, and it came up when I typed up the symptoms (but looking up any symptoms on the Daily Fail or Chuffington Post would scare you into thinking you'll be dead inside six months) but the worse of my symptoms subsided relatively quickly (though four days felt like four weeks) and practically gone now, but a better diet and excercise should stop this thing getting worse and make me recover quickly.

Chicken soup.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

You need a blood test to find out you're gluten intolerant, but I suppose this is my bread heavy diet catching up with me if confirmed by my GP, and virus may have triggered it properly. My appetite has come back, I'm sleeping more normally, my stool has more or less been brown for many days, and my back pain feels much fainter.

People with gluten tolerance I read have been hit harder.

I'm having soup this evening and as breakfast.

HOLA4414

You need a blood test to find out you're gluten intolerant, but I suppose this is my bread heavy diet catching up with me if confirmed by my GP, and virus may have triggered it properly. My appetite has come back, I'm sleeping more normally, my stool has more or less been brown for many days, and my back pain feels much fainter.

People with gluten tolerance I read have been hit harder.

I'm having soup this evening and as breakfast.

Not chilli soup?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I have not been ill since i was made redundant 2 years ago, i also tell visitors not to come round if they are ill.

I'm suing you for misrpresenation in your username!

I don't know whether that's a good idea or whether travelling on the tube every day (or equivalent) and so catching everything builds up a general resistance. I seem to get most things but in a fairly mild form and I have the hope that fighting these things off is a good workout for my iummune system. It could of course be nothing of the sort and every bug is a brand new battle.

HOLA4418

I had the overheating and nausea last week, it came and went within a day (started about lunchtime, was pretty much ok the next morning) so maybe just a mild form.

I had similar to this last week, felt quite flu like and was going to get worse but, like you, decent night's sleep seemed to mostly shake it off.

HOLA4419

I'm suing you for misrpresenation in your username!

I don't know whether that's a good idea or whether travelling on the tube every day (or equivalent) and so catching everything builds up a general resistance. I seem to get most things but in a fairly mild form and I have the hope that fighting these things off is a good workout for my iummune system. It could of course be nothing of the sort and every bug is a brand new battle.

I would say, in the years of my working life, where I mixed closely with the general public, all day everyday, I hardly ever got ill, if at all.

HOLA4420

I had similar to this last week, felt quite flu like and was going to get worse but, like you, decent night's sleep seemed to mostly shake it off.

You are an insomniac, like some others here.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I think your more likely to catch bugs & illnesses from mixing with co-workers.

Someone brings their own problem to work and spreads it around hoping to avoid a sickness / time off disciplinary etc

Very selfish.

Like those who get on cruise ships carrying Norovirus.

I would like to get on one of those cruises! :unsure:

HOLA4423

It's going round here in Germany too, I've avoided it so far by temporarily doubling my daily Vitamin D3 dose to 10,000 IU.

I also heard from somebody in Mexico who said they have it there too currently, seem this virus is hitting hard everywhere... :ph34r:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived