House Price Crash Forum

Quitting Work And Spending Cash

HOLA441

....one of the best things I have learnt since giving up the rat race is making dough......love making bread, simple pleasures.......was given a brace of pheasant today....anyone with any idea what to do with them......all ideas greatly received. ;)

Poachers eh? No Whittingstall here, but don't you hang them up a bit, gut them and the roast them a bit!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

....one of the best things I have learnt since giving up the rat race is making dough......love making bread, simple pleasures.......was given a brace of pheasant today....anyone with any idea what to do with them......all ideas gratefully received. ;)

If they're one of each you could start a breeding programme.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Poachers eh? No Whittingstall here, but don't you hang them up a bit, gut them and the roast them a bit!

Was told, to not bother with the hanging or plucking....remove the breast and legs, the rest not worth the bother of dealing with......I find all this rather sad, so little from something that was once worth so much more....... ;)

HOLA445

Was told, to not bother with the hanging or plucking....remove the breast and legs, the rest not worth the bother of dealing with......I find all this rather sad, so little from something that was once worth so much more....... ;)

Publish your roadkill recipes! OT are into that stuff!

HOLA446
HOLA447

Don't bother to pluck or gut. Put the bird on its back and cut the skin over the breast so you can get your fingers underneath. Tear the skin down either side to expose the breasts. Push the legs through and cut them off at the feet. Slice the breasts off. Bend the legs out sideways to break the thigh socket and slice off the thighs and legs. You don't even enter the body cavity this way, skin, carcass, feet and head are all still attached. If you live near a hedge hurl the carcass into it for the wildlife to enjoy.

Pheasant is a dry uninteresting bird (I eat lots of them, road kill and gifts). Look up 'Nigerian Pheasant' online for a recipe, it's in the Poachers Cookbook, but it has been posted online on blogs etc.

HOLA448

Don't bother to pluck or gut. Put the bird on its back and cut the skin over the breast so you can get your fingers underneath. Tear the skin down either side to expose the breasts. Push the legs through and cut them off at the feet. Slice the breasts off. Bend the legs out sideways to break the thigh socket and slice off the things and legs. You don't even enter the body cavity this way. If you live near a hedge hurl the carcass into it for the wildlife to enjoy.

Pheasant is a dry uninteresting bird (I eat lots of them, road kill and gifts). Look up 'Nigerian Pheasant' online for a recipe, it's in the Poachers Cookbook, but it has been posted online on blogs etc.

Cheers.....pheasant pie it is......Oh, I forgot, what can you do with muntjac?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Don't bother to pluck or gut. Put the bird on its back and cut the skin over the breast so you can get your fingers underneath. Tear the skin down either side to expose the breasts. Push the legs through and cut them off at the feet. Slice the breasts off. Bend the legs out sideways to break the thigh socket and slice off the thighs and legs. You don't even enter the body cavity this way, skin, carcass, feet and head are all still attached. If you live near a hedge hurl the carcass into it for the wildlife to enjoy.

Yup, done it both ways, one is a plucking nightmare. Take this advice.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

The yields are tiny and the stamp duty is equivalent to over 10 years rent. I can do more with my money. It's ideal for us presently with a fantastic old school landlord. I can't see us buying for a few years certainly and then it would only be to move away/downsize etc.

Wow, that's either very low rent and/or a very expensive Farmhouse...

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Starting again tomorrow Mr Pin?

Rather you than me.

Have saved a hobgoblin to drink to your health tonight !

Edit.....cheers!

I'm afraid I didn't earn shedloads in the City, like everyone else here. :wacko:

HOLA4423

Great read hotairmail! Well done.

Agreed.......work comes in all different guises....work is not about what others think work should be, work is what you think the best work to do to suit you.....variety is the spice of life......there are only so many hours in a day and days in a lifetime. ;)

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Not SL.

Policy was originally taken out with Equity & Law, following a number of reorganisations the policy ended up being controlled by Friends Life.

Almost 50% of the final value is made up of bonuses however, I'm very happy that the policy appears to have produced more than the target sum, particularly as most of the financial advice I've read over the years has advised people to cash in this type of policy.

There's still a few weeks before the policy matures and payment is made, I won't be making any plans until the money is in the bank!

It always was the situation the the termination bonus was a very big part of the payment of endowment type policies so I often wonder why people wer advise to cash them in early. Could the advisors have been holding on to these types of policies themselves and been wanting more in the pot for the final bonus?

Archived