HOLA441
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Oh fck. Even worse - programming in Visual C#.

He seems to be a bit evasive about what he can actually program. He just lists some MS certificates rather than the the degree he did. HTML5 + JavaScript. Eurgh.

1st in CS from Portsmouth

HOLA444

He sounds like he's really into his technology. Fair play to him, I like it but not enough to enthuse about it full time all week. That will pay well, and he should be able to cover the mortgage in the long run.

Still paid £100k too much for his house.

HOLA445

He lists a bunch of ms technologies too. Plus mcps is a pretty significant aggregate qual isn't it?

Looking in my MSDN account, there does not appear to be such a thing as MSPS.

There seems to be gaps in his education and the timescales do not add up for someone who is 24.

HOLA446

Looking in my MSDN account, there does not appear to be such a thing as MSPS.

There seems to be gaps in his education and the timescales do not add up for someone who is 24.

As to gaps. Interesting. His employer won't give a toss as long as he looks like he's producing. Could be a blagger of course. The house would be part of the persona.

Mcps. My bad.

HOLA447
HOLA448

The travel time from Hitchin (nearby) to London isn't so bad via train. Could be a long term home for them. And two incomes, at £250K, basically affordable for the long term. They made their market decisions. They don't need to sit any HPCer's test, or be awarded the excuse of victims of British Education System.

They're probably slightly better position overall, than that journo who has bought with him mate in Crystal Palace area, imo.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

The travel time from Hitchin (nearby) to London isn't so bad via train. Could be a long term home for them. And two incomes, at £250K, basically affordable for the long term. They made their market decisions. They don't need to sit any HPCer's test, or be awarded the excuse of victims of British Education System.

They're probably slightly better position overall, than that journo who has bought with him mate in Crystal Palace area, imo.

lucky to have settled down together so young in many respects, if it works out for the term.

I'm finding it hard to dislike them particularly. They paid too much for a house and got the deposit on a credit card. But that's no reason to hate them. Neither do I pity them; their own decisions.

HOLA4411

lucky to have settled down together so young in many respects, if it works out for the term.

I'm finding it hard to dislike them particularly. They paid too much for a house and got the deposit on a credit card. But that's no reason to hate them. Neither do I pity them; their own decisions.

Same here, but their market decisions are their own.

It doesn't look like a newbuild does it. So maybe on the HTB-equity scheme. Bought shortly after graduation, so possibly 2012-13?

House prices around that area don't look too bad really, for standard-ish 3 bed houses. Just up from Harpenden (and the crazy prices there).

You could blow a lot more on a house via HTB in some real non-areas, from parts of South Manchester to parts of Scarborough.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Same here, but their market decisions are their own.

It doesn't look like a newbuild does it. So maybe on the HTB-equity scheme. Bought shortly after graduation, so possibly 2012-13?

House prices around that area don't look too bad really, for standard-ish 3 bed houses. Just up from Harpenden (and the crazy prices there).

You could blow a lot more on a house via HTB in some real non-areas, from parts of South Manchester to parts of Scarborough.

rental yields put their house value based on yield in the £150k range

that's not too bad an overpayment given a lifetime ahead of them, and given govt support/subsidy

providing nothing goes wrong...

HOLA4414

you know you may have observed a very very important and overlooked point - the north south divide is maybe not so clearly demarked as we tend to think it is - there are indeed pockets of mental overvaluation in the north, and also pockets approaching in a vague way affordability (compared to rentals) in the south

HOLA4415

you know you may have observed a very very important and overlooked point - the north south divide is maybe not so clearly demarked as we tend to think it is - there are indeed pockets of mental overvaluation in the north, and also pockets approaching in a vague way affordability (compared to rentals) in the south

Someone on my Facebook has this for sale. Manchester 'guide price' £380K

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51825559.html

Its very, very nice. But seriously £380K?

Suddenly Hitchin is looking good value

Edited by RentierParadisio

HOLA4416

My role as an assistant developed my communication and team working skills within a busy work environment. I coped with significant pressure and demand by prioritising my time and focusing on key tasks. As a natural problem solver I find the challenge of creating innovative solutions to problems within a task both rewarding and stimulating. My personal motivation and organisation skills were intensely developed by the need to balance my academic studies with my work. By taking on extra responsibility, I acted as a leader within my team managing the team tasks and striving to develop my team members by training them with my own knowledge. I needed to remain focused, motivating my team with my own enthusiasm positive outlook and target driven focus, engaging with them and empowering them in order to gain their commitment. My pride in demonstrating personal ownership and supporting my team drives me to succeed.

(his role profile for his time as a shop assistant in Morrisons - A+ for effort frankly!)

That is a huge lump of words! He must be awesome.

HOLA4417

That is a huge lump of words! He must be awesome.

"By taking on extra responsibility, I acted as a leader within my team managing the team tasks and striving to develop my team members by training them with my own knowledge. "

that's remarkable to describe a shelf filling job.

HOLA4418

I'm not claiming they are value (links below) at recent sold price £250K, but yes, that. You can drop £220K-£250K on all sort of basic homes in and around some not so nice parts of Manchester/Stockport/Lancashire (Preston/Blackpool), where the houses below look superior; well the first at least.

Letchworth Garden City, recent(ish) sales, and you're about 35-50 minutes to London on the train (?). (Don't know much about the area, but it seems okay. Don't know about the schools).

£250K http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=46266575&sale=52130789&country=england

£250K http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=49103150&sale=1414093&country=england

£250K http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=46163635&sale=1634758&country=england

HOLA4419

Sure it could easily go pear-shaped in so many ways. My guess is she'll want to sprog sooner rather than later. Either of them could lose their jobs. They could start living above their means (the wedding cost is slightly worrying on that score).

But they are young enough to recover, they have a blooming long time to pay off that hefty mortgage and the system is set up to keep people like this in their mortgages.

The same circumstances in their mid/late 30s? - a lot more risky.

If you can find someone to settle down with in your early 20s, you have a big advantage I reckon. If you are earning a decent wedge, even better. I'll guess neither is true for most younger people though.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Someone on my Facebook has this for sale. Manchester 'guide price' £380K

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51825559.html

Its very, very nice. But seriously £380K?

Suddenly Hitchin is looking good value

Said for a while....Some of the insane prices I see round Northants you are better buying in the SE, much better value.

HOLA4423

My role as an assistant developed my communication and team working skills within a busy work environment. I coped with significant pressure and demand by prioritising my time and focusing on key tasks. As a natural problem solver I find the challenge of creating innovative solutions to problems within a task both rewarding and stimulating. My personal motivation and organisation skills were intensely developed by the need to balance my academic studiesparagliding with my work. By taking on extra responsibility, I acted as a leader within my team managing the team tasks and striving to develop my team members by training them with my own knowledge. I needed to remain focused, motivating my team with my own enthusiasm positive outlook and target driven focus, engaging with them and empowering them in order to gain their commitment. My pride in demonstrating personal ownership and supporting my team drives me to succeed.

(his role profile for his time as a shop assistant in Morrisons - A+ for effort frankly!)

That's excellent, genuinely, if a potential employer were to read that without actually thinking about the content (actually there isn't any but that's the point, just words words words) then it's a job in the bag. It's such a meaningless statement of character that I think it could apply to anyone, no one specific perhaps even your pet tortoise. So good in fact I'm stealing it for myself as bartender this time next year rodders I'll be on a £100,000 salary. Minor adjustment made as I'm not studying towards anything hmmmm

HOLA4424
HOLA4425