House Price Crash Forum

Rugby World Cup Thread

bovinedealer

HOLA441

You're lucky you didn't have to play them before you played us. Made a massive difference.

By the way, if we beat Australia, who doesn't go thru assuming all other results go as expected?

There's another permutation that needs to be considered .... like who are top or likely to finish top of pool B when Wales come to play the Aussies it could be a game Australia do not want to win

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Oz are slight bookies favourites.

Scotland are 5-1 against SA. Which is nuts IMO. Scotland can still qualify even if we get beat. Far less pressure than we would have expected. Relax and enjoy it - SA have all to lose.

It will be very close. To put cash on this or not ? I said the Wales odds were nuts - which was proven correct. Do I go with my guts for this one.

Sods law I will choose the wrong one lol

Scotland could still be top of pool B even if they loose and that is quiet likely (providing they do not loose by a cricket score )

HOLA443

Scotland could still be top of pool B even if they loose and that is quiet likely (providing they do not loose by a cricket score )

And who knows who we would get in the next round. Far from clear.

HOLA444

Actually is it not 4 points for a win ? So if SA beat us - they are a point ahead ? (Leaving out bonus point for either team)

HOLA445

Actually is it not 4 points for a win ? So if SA beat us - they are a point ahead ? (Leaving out bonus point for either team)

Yes but it depends on how Scotland do against Samoa If they get a bonus point win against them and a losing bonus point against S/A they would finish on equal points that's assuming S/A gets a bonus point win against the U.S.A

There are games in these pools which could leave the winners in a bad position in the quarter finals

HOLA446

£100 on the JOcks at 11-10 +14 points.

The burd in the shop did sak If I was sure about the £100 :D

I did get chatting though - and she agrees the odds given for many WCR games are a bit generous. Said loads were in yesterday taking Fiji at +14 - and every one won.

I dont gamble very often - but when I do I usually get it spot on when the bookies are wrong. However in the past I have always gone for on the nose - and ALSMOST been right but got nothing in return. I will start going for these handicaps instead.

Like my Holland for the last football WC. I probably should have backed them to reach the Quarters or Semis instead.

Lessons learned !!

Good luck CCC. I am still considering placing a bet on England, but after getting stuffed last week, I am not feeling soo confident to put cash on it.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Good to see a well refereed game - South Africa v Scotland. Ref - Welsh - is excellent... as one would expect.

Up until the point he ignored the rules of Rugby and allowed a player to stay on when he should have gone off for the tackle and not taking proper care of the player through the axis when his feet were in the air.

Which would have meant SA would have played with only 14 men for nearly the last major period of the match. <_<

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

wow, more inane commentary...small black commentator lady just said if England keep the ball out of Australian hands, they will have the advantage.

Why do they keep this absolute shite coming for every frigging game in any frigging sport...

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived