House Price Crash Forum

Rugby World Cup Thread

bovinedealer

HOLA441

Possible. Looking forward to the all black's soon .

Not that I know anything about rugby, but they're training down the road from here apparently.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I think the overriding reason one should support one side or another in the World Cup is not whether they are potential threat in the tournament but WAR. It seems only right not to support a country that has hated us and treated our people with unimaginable barbarity. So for that reason I'll be supporting Japan this afternoon. :rolleyes:

Looks like Japan had their 'world cup' already. Scotland slaughtered them.

HOLA443

Cagey in the first half - but very impressive in the second.

When Scotland go forward - we certainly look right up there with the best. Some of the movement and passing yesterday was tremendous.

Very unscotland like !!

HOLA444
HOLA445

You will fold against the Boks, quicker than a left wing Greek populist in the face of the Troika.

Not sure about that. Scotland look a very different team from recent years. I think it will be a very close game.

Interestingly - this is the first meeting in a neutral venue. Although St James Park is going to resemble Murrayfield by all accounts.

HOLA446

Not sure about that. Scotland look a very different team from recent years. I think it will be a very close game.

Interestingly - this is the first meeting in a neutral venue. Although St James Park is going to resemble Murrayfield by all accounts.

I'd like Scotland to do well but really, you need to do it against the big boys first before you start crowing. Good luck BT the way.

As for tomorrow, who knows? C'mon Wales. Unlike some world cup over the last 20 years, we're too good to do out so early.

HOLA447

Scotland need some 'crowing' - you need confidence in rugby. Without it you are destined to lose.

As for Wales - can't see past England for this one unfortunately. Not that they look great - but Wales injuries are a disaster.

England will be dull and lacklustre and struggle but win it nonetheless. 5-10 my guess.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Scotland need some 'crowing' - you need confidence in rugby. Without it you are destined to lose.

As for Wales - can't see past England for this one unfortunately. Not that they look great - but Wales injuries are a disaster.

England will be dull and lacklustre and struggle but win it nonetheless. 5-10 my guess.

The injuries are a blow but far from a disaster its still a hard one to call neither team have looked like they were firing on all cylinders,if England's discipline has not improved they will have major problems the scrum looked decidedly dodgy to

HOLA4410

Mmmmm

Had a Google. Full back - world's best kicker - out.

Scrum half - your player of the year - out.

Then another 5-6 key members of the squad.

That's a disaster and well past a 'blow'. Imo anyway.

HOLA4411

Impo Lancaster has gone very defensive with the team selection, obviously that could backfire.

The biggest issue for me is Ben Youngs inability to pass the ball in front of an attacking player so they catch it at pace, watching the All Blacks I don't recall any attacking ball being taken by a stationary player.

HOLA4412

Impo Lancaster has gone very defensive with the team selection, obviously that could backfire.

The biggest issue for me is Ben Youngs inability to pass the ball in front of an attacking player so they catch it at pace, watching the All Blacks I don't recall any attacking ball being taken by a stationary player.

Not to worry Danny care is always one to be called upon! :)

HOLA4413

Do you think he'll start defensive and then when legs tire he'll open it up? It's almost like they have two teams available to them these days and the initial strategy and starting line up may not be the entire one.

Good call. Even with the fairly generous gaps in between matches - games against Fiji, Wales and then the Ozzies are going to knock lumps out of even the toughest looking rubgy player.

Squad rotation will be a key area. The All Blacks last night had a different team bar the two wingers (Who generally get off far lighter in terms of whacks)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I think Burgess might surprise a few, its not as if he's a totally new player ie. he has plenty of experience in league.

I just think that with the defensive line up that is selected Wales might use penalties to slowly build a lead and if there is one thing England always seem to struggle with its coming from behind against a well organised team.

Once England seem to be chasing the scoreboard the strategy goes out of the window and everyone seems to think they're the one to change the game and it all goes to poop.

The only thing I can hope for is that the big boys like burgess and Barrit make a few big hits early that disrupts the Welsh attack and make a few breaks that Watson and May can take advantage of.

Oh, and I really hope the scrum-half can pass the bloody ball in front of the attacking players, trying to accelerate into players that are already nearing top speed is no fun.

HOLA4417

Mmmmm

Had a Google. Full back - world's best kicker - out.

Scrum half - your player of the year - out.

Then another 5-6 key members of the squad.

That's a disaster and well past a 'blow'. Imo anyway.

Halfpenny is a great kicker and has a good ten yards on Bigger but for consistency Bigger is more than an equal (highest % in the pro twelve last year ) i would consider Liam Williams a better attacking fullback than Halfpenney

Web is a great loss for sure its not a disaster as of yet but could well be if we have any more injuries in key places Wales is full off talented backs but props and hookers that's another story

HOLA4418

I think Burgess might surprise a few, its not as if he's a totally new player ie. he has plenty of experience in league.

I just think that with the defensive line up that is selected Wales might use penalties to slowly build a lead and if there is one thing England always seem to struggle with its coming from behind against a well organised team.

Once England seem to be chasing the scoreboard the strategy goes out of the window and everyone seems to think they're the one to change the game and it all goes to poop.

The only thing I can hope for is that the big boys like burgess and Barrit make a few big hits early that disrupts the Welsh attack and make a few breaks that Watson and May can take advantage of.

Oh, and I really hope the scrum-half can pass the bloody ball in front of the attacking players, trying to accelerate into players that are already nearing top speed is no fun.

If there's one thing England needs to control it`s their discipline the penalty count against Fiji was shocking

HOLA4419

Alas, I think the Welsh team has suffered too many injuries for this game and this world cup.

Odd thing, you often see Welsh players pulled off the pitch because of injuries or some other reason just sit on the bench with no warm clothing. When compared with football, where subsitituted players immediately put on tracksuits, I do wonder whether this lack of clothing is making the players more susceptible to injuries.

HOLA4420

Alas, I think the Welsh team has suffered too many injuries for this game and this world cup.

Odd thing, you often see Welsh players pulled off the pitch because of injuries or some other reason just sit on the bench with no warm clothing. When compared with football, where subsitituted players immediately put on tracksuits, I do wonder whether this lack of clothing is making the players more susceptible to injuries.

A Welsh friend also thinks that. He said he was watching the World cup in hope, more than expectation. We shall see.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Wales have injuries - but England looking pretty average and going for a change of tactics - Wales are 3-1 and England 1-3 .....

Doesn't seem right - although I do think England will just sneak it

For ****** sake :(

HOLA4423

Wales have injuries - but England looking pretty average and going for a change of tactics - Wales are 3-1 and England 1-3 .....

Doesn't seem right - although I do think England will just sneak it

I agree CCC, England have been shockingly awful.

Still won't stop me from putting a few pennies on them though.

Blind supidity?

We will see..

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Poor tournament so far. Only one good game.

I have really enjoyed it.

Remember so far there have been a lot if big ins vs little ins.

The tighter contestsare coming up. Only going to get better. :)

Archived