House Price Crash Forum

Cecil The Lion R.i.p

juvenal

HOLA441

And my curse on the wicked criminal who injured him with a crossbow, tracked the wounded animal for 40 hours, and murdered him with a rifle. Then cut off his head and skinned him.

A curse on you...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest TheBlueCat

His wives miss him too. :(

Vc3IFkb.jpg?1

I'm a vegetarian but I do understand why people eat animals - they taste good, that's rational. What I really can't understand is the mindset of people that want to kill them like this, there is no excuse for it at all.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I see somebody on MyFace is organising a crowd funding with the aim of kidnapping Walter and pushing him through a woodchipper - its a Minnesota thing.

Not very sporting though, how about flying Walt to Syria, shoot him with a crossbow, give him 40 hours headstart with a route through the desert, and paying ISIS $50k to behead him - they would probably do it for nothing anyway.

Actually there are enough nutters in the US with guns it wouldn't surprise me if somebody shoots him there.

His dental practice doesn't appear to have a secure future.

HOLA447
HOLA448

People do get over emotional about these things.

Killing a Lion, killing a cow, killing a pigeon.. the only difference is in people's own romantic view of the world, with the possible exception of some species being more abundant than others.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Don't really see the difference between killing a lion and killing a fox. I wouldn't do either, but most people wouldn't care if someone shot a fox. Video posted on here a few days ago about someone shooting seagulls. Birds tend to be regarded as more intelligent that land mammals so I wonder why the outpouring of emotion over a lion? Perhaps someone could link me to the official list that attributes 'worth' to animals so I can gauge whether to be offended by someone killing them in the future.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

His wives miss him too. :(

Vc3IFkb.jpg?1

I'm a vegetarian but I do understand why people eat animals - they taste good, that's rational. What I really can't understand is the mindset of people that want to kill them like this, there is no excuse for it at all.

Don't worry, her next suitor is currently doing away with their kids. Once they are gone she will soon forget him.

HOLA4413
Guest TheBlueCat

People do get over emotional about these things.

Killing a Lion, killing a cow, killing a pigeon.. the only difference is in people's own romantic view of the world, with the possible exception of some species being more abundant than others.

That's true, but I don't understand why anyone would want to kill any animal for fun. To eat yes, for enjoyment no.

HOLA4414
Guest TheBlueCat

Don't worry, her next suitor is currently doing away with their kids. Once they are gone she will soon forget him.

Sounds a bit like Liverpool.

HOLA4415

And my curse on the wicked criminal who injured him with a crossbow, tracked the wounded animal for 40 hours, and murdered him with a rifle. Then cut off his head and skinned him.

A curse on you...

What a scumbag

Another example of the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable

I think he should given the opportunity to hunt

1) Crocodiles while swimming with his bow and arrows in the middle of the Zambesi

2) Grizzly bears in Alaska armed only with a pen knife

3) Piranhas with a pork chop tied to his left leg

In my view if you kill it you have to eat it whether it be lion, fox or seagull.

There is very little other justification

HOLA4416

Must admit whilst I think it was a vile thing to do, I am a bit perplexed at the sheer extent of the fuss its caused. The bloke will be lucky to escape with his life the way it's going. Not that I care a shit for him, but it all just seems a bit hysterical in comparison to some of the other things they could be getting wound up about.

HOLA4417
Guest TheBlueCat

Must admit whilst I think it was a vile thing to do, I am a bit perplexed at the sheer extent of the fuss its caused. The bloke will be lucky to escape with his life the way it's going. Not that I care a shit for him, but it all just seems a bit hysterical in comparison to some of the other things they could be getting wound up about.

I rarely get worked up by things on the interweb that wouldn't otherwise have been news but this one does get to me. There's something truly repellant about a rich westerner going off to one of the poorest parts of Africa to pay to kill a member of a highly endangered species in a spectacularly cruel way just for the fun of it. That this guy is a serial offender just makes it worse.

HOLA4418

I kill, rarely and only out of necessity - mostly trapping mice and rats.

And of course someone does it on my behalf when I eat meat.

I even prefer to pick spiders and throw them outside rather than kill them.

I simply don't get the idea of shooting big game for fun. It's not as if you were in a battle of wits with the aniimal, it's about as skilled as shooting a tin can.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I rarely get worked up by things on the interweb that wouldn't otherwise have been news but this one does get to me. There's something truly repellant about a rich westerner going off to one of the poorest parts of Africa to pay to kill a member of a highly endangered species in a spectacularly cruel way just for the fun of it. That this guy is a serial offender just makes it worse.

Oh sure, don't get me wrong, I find the idea of killing anything for any purpose other than eating it fun completely disgusting. But this stuff happens pretty much every day and gets reported on social media, without getting anything like the traction this bloke has got.

He's still a vile ****, but he's one of many.

Edit, because I forgot about vermin and stuff.

HOLA4421

That's true, but I don't understand why anyone would want to kill any animal for fun. To eat yes, for enjoyment no.

Hunting is one of the most basic human instincts. Look at almost any video game.. Empire building and killing/hunting are probably the two most common themes for games who's target audience is men.

HOLA4422
Guest TheBlueCat

Hunting is one of the most basic human instincts. Look at almost any video game.. Empire building and killing/hunting are probably the two most common themes for games who's target audience is men.

It maybe an instinct in some people, it certainly isn't in me. Maybe I'm descended more from the gatherer half of the hunter/gatherer tribe.

HOLA4423

Killing animals for pleasure is a classic psycopath trait and nearly all serial killers engage in it sometime early in their career.

Ian Fleming nailed this trait in his novel From Russia With Love where SMERSH assassin Red Grants child hood passion for strangling cats for fun gets a mention.

Anyone who indulges in the activity should be on an instant no fly list along with all the jihadi nutters (though to be fair to the latter they at least risk their own lives while pursuing their perverted goals).

HOLA4424

If people fail to make a fuss.....we will no longer enjoy any of the animals that we still have left in the wild.....for someone to pay £35k to kill one shows how much of a demand there is to poach and kill wild animals as a trophy....with the ivory they now shoot them dead from the air, they have no chance against man.....the way things are going we will soon ultimately all devour each other.....then who will win.....nothing is sacred.

HOLA4425

If people fail to make a fuss.....we will no longer enjoy any of the animals that we still have left in the wild.....for someone to pay £35k to kill one shows how much of a demand there is to poach and kill wild animals as a trophy....with the ivory they now shoot them dead from the air, they have no chance against man.....the way things are going we will soon ultimately all devour each other.....then who will win.....nothing is sacred.

Then people should make a fuss about all of them, not just this one.

Archived