House Price Crash Forum

Is There A Good Reason To Vote Conservative?

Trampa501

HOLA441

All you are doing is voting for their jobs....not voting for anything that any of them would do to make any difference to your life or quality of life....so vote for the party you think are the most honest, open, trustworthy and accountable..... ;)

Vote for the party you think are the least dishonest, secretive, untrustworthy and unaccountable, you mean?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest UK Debt Slave

We already knew this, but their latest scheme to offer 20% off new properties to under 40s (never mind that prices are 60 % higher than they should be), means they are determined to keep feeding the housing bubble and meanwhile trash the real economy.

What reason could there be to still vote Conservative?

"Is There A Good Reason To Vote Conservative?"

The answer to the OP's original question is a resounding

NO!

There is no good reason to vote for any of the traitors and fifth columnists who have systematically dismantled this country brick by brick, piece by piece, job by job and trampled on the hopes and aspirations of the British people.

They are vermin, all of them

Edited by UK Debt Slave

HOLA445

Got to say it does seem a bit all or nothing as a policy. Those the wrong side of the line have every reason to feel aggrieved.

Now you know what it's like for those of us born the wrong side of that April 1960 deadline for so many things. Wonder if it's any coincidence that there's a gap in our rulers between the younger and the older, but (apart from William Hague) missing that cohort born in the first half of the 1960s?

And then Willetts lumped us in with his own generation in the minds of younger folks. A useful scapegoat for some :ph34r:

HOLA446

If you really want to scare them, vote communist

The party is standing on a platform that includes leaving the EU and NATO, renationalising the utility companies and railways, taking the banks into public ownership, big cuts to VAT and a massive house building programme.
When it comes to paying for these policies Miss Rossington is surprisingly honest.
“It's simple really. Where does profit come from? It comes from people working. The problem is too much of that profit is hoarded by the big corporations. We need to take it back”.
But the party is realistic about what it can achieve.
“I'm not going to be the Prime Minister on the 8th of May” joked Laura-Jane. “But by standing I can give people something positive to vote for and challenge the other party candidates on issues that really matter to people”.
“I don't want people just to vote for me. I want us to get out there and start making the politicians work for us”.

HOLA447
Guest UK Debt Slave

The party is standing on a platform that includes leaving the EU and NATO, renationalising the utility companies and railways, taking the banks into public ownership, big cuts to VAT and a massive house building programme.

When it comes to paying for these policies Miss Rossington is surprisingly honest.

“It's simple really. Where does profit come from? It comes from people working. The problem is too much of that profit is hoarded by the big corporations. We need to take it back”.

“I'm not going to be the Prime Minister on the 8th of May” joked Laura-Jane. “But by standing I can give people something positive to vote for and challenge the other party candidates on issues that really matter to people”.

“I don't want people just to vote for me. I want us to get out there and start making the politicians work for us”.

No thanks

Not EVER

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

When historians write about these days they'll be staggered to discover that people were still looking to find reasons to vote for the medieval LibLabCon after being cheated and defrauded by them for so very long.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Finance minister George Osborne said: "Britain is fundamentally in a better position than it was five years ago."

On the radio this afternoon he was saying that there was a recovery and the rich were "contributing" most.

That'll be through the massive increase in already crazy house prices then

They get ever more incredible with their craziness.

HOLA4420

I'm looking at alternative parties and was reading the green party policies last night. Given the opportunities presented by voter dissatisfaction with the main parties, it is so frustrating how inconsistent and loopy some of their ideas are when they are good in other areas.

http://policy.greenparty.org.uk/philosophical-basis.html

They want a sustainable population (based on local resources), and to increase forestry to 25% of land area (from 8%), while shifting agriculture to less intensive/lower yield methods, but have an open door immigration policy. They want higher density housing, but are against tall buildings. They want to 'reverse the trend towards urbanisation, but want green belt max with little or no building on green field sites, and more nimby rights 'local democracy'. Their animal rights policies would effectively shut down the life sciences (AR413-AR415), while the energy policies are just unrealistic.

Basically, they want a pre-industrial, agrarian economy with a reduced population and open borders. The alternative parties need to be much less crazy than this. I say this as a fundamentally green person. This is one reason why the establishment parties continue to flourish. Shame.

HOLA4421

Nope. Not over my dead body.

Cameron was bribing the 'ho moanerz' with low interest rates. So much for BoE 'independence' and letting 'the markets' set rents.

Strange, other types of rigging such as rent controls, or clamping down on abusive landlords, results in 'too much market interference.'

Utter feckless scum. I got fed up of defending their shit polices since Thatcher. Let them rot in hell, though sadly I think they will scrape enough seats, to form another minority administration

HOLA4422
Guest TheBlueCat

What reason could there be to still vote Conservative?

To keep Labour out. Not a great reason I admit, but it's a reason all the same. Choosing between the reds and blues is pretty much like choosing whether you get to be murdered by Jeffrey Dahmer or Dennis Nilsen as far as I can see although, on balance, I think the two wooden Eds are more likely to further f*ck up the country than Cameron & Osborne, but there isn't a lot in it.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

If you want to build a conservatory without needing permission, as long as no one objects, then vote for the ConservaTory Party.

(that really is their ground breaking policy they've spent so much time talking about but still haven't implemented)

Don't forget the repeatedly announced return to weekly bin collections, 5 years and zero success:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2908907/Pickles-bins-collection-fund-weekly-rounds-used-zero-councils-authority-considered-decided-expensive.html

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA4425

Wish they were standing in my area. Would love to give them their other vote.

The tired morally bankrupt centrist flip-flopping focus group led bastards don't want to think too hard about governing, for fear of forgetting to fill out all their expenses claims. Vote the crazies into parliament. Give them something real to deal with. Remind them that other opinions exist and shove it under their noses.