House Price Crash Forum

Why Is Most Stuff From China Sh1T?

spyguy

HOLA441

The first version of Windows 8 on laptops/desktops was most definitely a challenge, Microsoft dropped the ball, but I personally don't find the current run of Windows touch screen devices intrinsically worse than the significantly more prolific iOS and Android devices. Again this is more probably down to marketing and timing than actual quality, with a complacent, out of practice Microsoft having the carpet pulled out from under it by the then more nimble Apple and Google in the mid to late 2000s.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

We opted for a replacement car camera to come from UK not China (Speed of delivery rather than anything else) and it was a waste of time. The guy sent us a 'new' camera that has clearly been bounced about all over the place, warranty void thing punctured and it's had to be sent back. Tosser.

It's going to have took as long as ordering from China would have done now.

HOLA443

The impression I've got is - made in China not under contract from anyone else - cheap and nasty rubbish. Made under contract - could be good if the people placing the order keep a close eye on the factory. They're entirely capable of making high quality stuff but will try to cut corners wherever they think they can get away with it.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I'm not convinced that nearly everything isn't made in China.

If not at a build/assembly level then at a component level.

As others have said, the Chinese will produce whatever quality you ask for. The problem is Western buyers only ever ask for cheap. Because cheap is generally what their customers will buy.

HOLA446

China's OK, we manage to get decent quality product out of there. But there's a reason why nothing is made in the world's other potential ultra low-cost sweatshop - India.

The Indians just don't seem to get the concept that someone might want something that is expensive and quality, not cheap and crap.

HOLA447

Problem is most people can't recognise or discern quality until they actually use something and often by a constant strategy of buying low cost goods they are never even exposed to quality to know what they are missing. Unfortunately, too many companies have been too indiscriminate about what they put their brand on that the brand alone is no longer trusted as much.

Think I might have given this example before but I ordered masses of these Wiha screwdriver sets, knowing they were top drawer German made quality, and the sum of the contents ordinarily would be £60+ when the set could be knocked out at a £19.99 price point. Virtually could not give them away in a store environment against the made in China, probably with cheese, mug's eyeful screwdriver sets. Did eventually get shot online where you can reach a customer base that knows what they want.

If you can find a set out there I would recommend

wiha.jpg

HOLA448

China's OK, we manage to get decent quality product out of there. But there's a reason why nothing is made in the world's other potential ultra low-cost sweatshop - India.

The Indians just don't seem to get the concept that someone might want something that is expensive and quality, not cheap and crap.

I have quite a lot from India mostly things like string and twine, paper and packaging type products. Obviously not hi-tech products in themselves but the quality is ok for what they are. Some injection moulded stuff can be ok and also metal hand tools.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

why do people all ways trash chinese goods, i am using a lenovo thinkpad made in china , its 5 years old on 20 hours a day and has never let me down.

some of the worst products i have owned have been made in britain :lol:

I have a Lenovo laptop. I need to check if it is one of the models preloaded with spyware. It was cheap now I know why!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Well, I`m thinking of buying a Chinese bike.

Namely a KSR MOTO GRS 125 ....2,000 quid.

This machine is made by `Generic` and has a good reputation apart from the previous model which was a failure.

The engine is as used in the Suzuki 125.

Anyway, I`ll go for a look next week.

HOLA4417

This machine is made by `Generic` and has a good reputation apart from the previous model which was a failure.

You could get a really good used Bandit for that money! :blink:

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

8.2 litre engine in a motorbike..

WTF!? Just, why?

Just..

I don't understand

It's probably not sensible, but it CAN be done!

HOLA4422

PLEASE just get a second hand Honda.

If you do get it at least replace the standard Ditchfinder tyres with something decent

It's cheap for a reason.

HOLA4423

PLEASE just get a second hand Honda.

If you do get it at least replace the standard Ditchfinder tyres with something decent

It's cheap for a reason.

A used Honda would be a very good choice Mr C! What about an SV650

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_SV650

These are good and you don't have to be too tall, which I probably am!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Handy if you ever need to tow a tractor out of a ditch I suppose!

Get a large lady on the back and you will get some grip! :blink:

Archived