House Price Crash Forum

Millionaire Lefty Couple Don't Want To Pay Tax. Have Excuse.

Executive Sadman

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2967223/Emma-Thompson-won-t-pay-penny-tax-evil-b-s-prison-says-husband-Greg-Wise-HSBC-row.html

HSBC dont pay tax so we wont either. :lol:

Now, I fully support their decision not to pay tax. I think everyone should avoid paying tax. No tax = no government = more freedom.

But why so bothered about HSBC. Did they think paying tax was a humanitarian, moral thing to do when it was funding illegal invasions or bliar's war?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2967223/Emma-Thompson-won-t-pay-penny-tax-evil-b-s-prison-says-husband-Greg-Wise-HSBC-row.html

HSBC dont pay tax so we wont either. :lol:

Now, I fully support their decision not to pay tax. I think everyone should avoid paying tax. No tax = no government = more freedom.

But why so bothered about HSBC. Did they think paying tax was a humanitarian, moral thing to do when it was funding illegal invasions or bliar's war?

Who needs The Liar's wars, when we're in the thick of provoking and then fighting new ones?

Anyone who pays tax to this government has blood on their hands.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I hope they like porridge!

Saying you're not going to pay tax is a red flag to the proverbial HMRC bull - and they will be made an example of

We all pay tax for things we don't like - I really don't want to pay tax to have her imported Rwandan child soldier adoption to be educated, but hard cheese I have done

You don't want to pay tax? P!ss off to Somalia

The mindset that we should all pay whatever the government bids however, is dangerous and borderline obsequious

I can't stand this grandstanding, but on the flip side, I really feel it's up to the 'little people' - that's me and you to really try and minimise our tax by all means possible. We must avoid the mindset that taxation is a given, it's 'their right'. No that's how tax creeps up to economy killing levels.

Income tax - temporary introduction to fund the war against Napoleon - we're still paying it

Window tax - depriving people of fresh air and natural light - f*** right off!

The onus is on the Government to justify every penny of taxation - the onus is not on us to justify avoiding it and I don't blame anyone who does

/rant over

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Hmm. I'm offended by Tony Bliar and his cronies killing brown people so I'm going to kill brown people until he goes to jail. Something of a logic failure there. They're right to be raising the issue but they should be advocating shunning HSBC until the handcuffs are on.

HOLA4411

Hmm. I'm offended by Tony Bliar and his cronies killing brown people so I'm going to kill brown people until he goes to jail. Something of a logic failure there. They're right to be raising the issue but they should be advocating shunning HSBC until the handcuffs are on.

Like everyone stopped using amazon and starbucks?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I hope they like porridge!

Saying you're not going to pay tax is a red flag to the proverbial HMRC bull - and they will be made an example of

We all pay tax for things we don't like - I really don't want to pay tax to have her imported Rwandan child soldier adoption to be educated, but hard cheese I have done

You don't want to pay tax? P!ss off to Somalia

The mindset that we should all pay whatever the government bids however, is dangerous and borderline obsequious

I can't stand this grandstanding, but on the flip side, I really feel it's up to the 'little people' - that's me and you to really try and minimise our tax by all means possible. We must avoid the mindset that taxation is a given, it's 'their right'. No that's how tax creeps up to economy killing levels.

Income tax - temporary introduction to fund the war against Napoleon - we're still paying it

Window tax - depriving people of fresh air and natural light - f*** right off!

The onus is on the Government to justify every penny of taxation - the onus is not on us to justify avoiding it and I don't blame anyone who does

/rant over

Window tax was abolished in 1851....

But I agree. I was listening to Any Questions on BBC R4 and the politicians were talking as if it was their god-given right to receive public money.

I also hate the way people deliberately obfuscate the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. As one MP pointed out, anyone who has an ISA is avoiding tax.

Some fool in the audience also claimed paying people cash in hand was a form of tax evasion! Absolutely unbelievable!

There is no moral obligation to pay a penny more in tax than one is legally obliged to pay. But it suits governments to pretend that it's shameful.

They must be made accountable. At the very least I invite people to 'like' the Taxpayers' Alliance on Facebook.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Window tax was abolished in 1851....

But I agree. I was listening to Any Questions on BBC R4 and the politicians were talking as if it was their god-given right to receive public money.

I also hate the way people deliberately obfuscate the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. As one MP pointed out, anyone who has an ISA is avoiding tax.

Some fool in the audience also claimed paying people cash in hand was a form of tax evasion! Absolutely unbelievable!

There is no moral obligation to pay a penny more in tax than one is legally obliged to pay. But it suits governments to pretend that it's shameful.

They must be made accountable. At the very least I invite people to 'like' the Taxpayers' Alliance on Facebook.

Yes, I know the window tax was abolished - but just look at most Georgian houses - they still have those windows bricked in. My point was, just because the Government can devise a 'new' tax it does not automatically justify it.

The mentality of Emma Thompson is " we won't pay until everyone else pays - but, but we're happy to pay in that scenario" - the phrase useful idiots springs to mind - under that mentality, as long as everyone pays 99% income tax, she'd be happy to also pay 99% income tax. I don't think she's thought it through. What a leftie luvvie chump. She'll be one of the first off to switzerland or wherever

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I wish some journalists had brains. If they did, the easy questions should be:

"So you dislike tax minimisation/aggressive avoidance schemes? Do you think that all tax breaks and special deductions for the British film industry should be stopped today then? "

Question 2:

How much income have you received from the BBC (government forced tax on UK people) and other government backed sources in the past 10 years? That was effectively taking taxation money away from hospitals and schools and into your own pocket, wasn't it? or did you work for free?

Question 3:

Who is your tax adviser? Have you ever earned money outside the UK and paid less than the equivalent UK rate of income tax on it - legally?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Come on guys, let's give them some support. I will be very interested to see if the government will jail them or an hsbc banker or both.

I wonder if they'll go all the way like Wesley Snipes did when refusing to pay tax because he did not think the US government had the right to levy it.

He served three years in prison to support that belief.

Archived