House Price Crash Forum

Inconsequential Things That Please Me Mildly

Steppenpig

HOLA441

Watching yet another documentary - this time about the 1966 World Cup.

One of the big stories of the time was when the cup got stolen from a display cabinet, and was found four-months later by a bloke walking his dog.

The dog - named "Pickles" - went apeshit and started sniffing around a neighbours car, and his owner David Corbett found the Jules Rimet trophy wrapped-up in newspaper under the car.

Corbett took the trophy straight to his local police station, slammed it on the counter, and announced "I think I've found the World Cup."

The desk Sergeant apparently looked Corbett up-and-down, glanced at the trophy, and uttered the following classic:

"It doesn't look very World Cuppy to me son"...

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
On 12/25/2016 at 3:49 AM, Kiwi_Muncher said:

I think we need a new thread for boxers that sing (and singers that box).

There were rumours that Terence Trent D'Arby was a boxer.

It's no rumour he was a singer:

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
18 minutes ago, Diver Dan said:

I've heard that in his younger days, Boy George used to try and lick men in the ring.

Fnaar fnaar! You've been to XYY school.:o

HOLA448
9 hours ago, MrPin said:

Fnaar fnaar! You've been to XYY school.:o

Aye - another 30 grand student-loan taken out for me to teach someone "bucket-mouth"...!

Get yer money into my filth-bubble while you can - we'll soon be in the "vinegar-stroke" phase folks...

XYY

HOLA449

Liver and onions.

XYY

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I only found out a couple of years ago that people peel mushrooms.

I would have said "you're joking" had I not seen somebody start doing it.

There is a marginally tougher, and in some cases marginally darker, top layer to mushrooms that can be peeled off and thrown away.

To me this falls under the category of "If it can be done, then someone will be doing it".

It now gives me pleasure to realise that rather than just an eating a mushroom I am eating an unpeeled mushroom.

HOLA4414
15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I only found out a couple of years ago that people peel mushrooms.

I would have said "you're joking" had I not seen somebody start doing it.

There is a marginally tougher, and in some cases marginally darker, top layer to mushrooms that can be peeled off and thrown away.

To me this falls under the category of "If it can be done, then someone will be doing it".

It now gives me pleasure to realise that rather than just an eating a mushroom I am eating an unpeeled mushroom.

I must confess that I do sometimes peel mushrooms, but that's only to remove the stains of the sheep sh1t

HOLA4415
40 minutes ago, LiveinHope said:

You peel prawns ?

I've never understood why people do that. Eat them whole. Head, tail, the lot.

Very pleasing to know you can eat it all.

You would understand if you saw the size of the prawns here & all the associated sharp shit that goes with them - I did  seasonal work in Mallorca in the mid 90's & met a lovely spanish burd who enlightened me to sucking the brain juice from a prawn head, genuinely nice. 

You can eat most of the prawn if it's cooked 'a la plancha' but it's preferable to peel if they've been boiled/cooked

HOLA4416
24 minutes ago, mattydread said:

You would understand if you saw the size of the prawns here & all the associated sharp shit that goes with them - I did  seasonal work in Mallorca in the mid 90's & met a lovely spanish burd who enlightened me to sucking the brain juice from a prawn head, genuinely nice. 

You can eat most of the prawn if it's cooked 'a la plancha' but it's preferable to peel if they've been boiled/cooked

I thought you might not be talking about European prawns. But yes, all the flavour is in the head. I normally eat them in 2 halves. Bite of the 'tail' and then pop the head in. I can see that my empty plate often puzzles waitresses when they come to clear the table.

HOLA4417
20 minutes ago, LiveinHope said:

I thought you might not be talking about European prawns. But yes, all the flavour is in the head. I normally eat them in 2 halves. Bite of the 'tail' and then pop the head in. I can see that my empty plate often puzzles waitresses when they come to clear the table.

Agreed - atlantic prawns yes. If say, ordering tom yum soup from a thai, the prawns usually come 'tail on' - always eat those, yum. If we do raw prawns here on the bbq (usually in a butter, chilli, garlic marinade) you put the prawn head under a flat iron & keep turning it over - best prawn crisp, ever.

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4418

The Good Old Days repeats on BBC4. Used to hate it, an association with Sunday nights and school the next day perhaps. A seventies weirdo audience with false lashes and bright make up in Edwardian garb. Majetic. multidimensional, munificently monumental. Well Sachs could do it so much better than me.:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
14 minutes ago, Steppenpig said:

Getting a K on a triple letter score. Zs and Xs score more, but you always have to use crummy words like "zoo" or "ox". Treble word scores seem disproportionately over-rewarded. But K on a treble letter score is the perfect reward for the skill involved.

Even better when you're playing "loser removes all their clothes" Scrabble with your favourite lady...

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish Proverb

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
On 05/02/2017 at 2:44 PM, The XYY Man said:

Even better when you're playing "loser removes all their clothes" Scrabble with your favourite lady...

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish Proverb

Strip Scrabble? With the wife? 

Archived