House Price Crash Forum

Inconsequential Things That Please Me Mildly

Steppenpig

HOLA441

A nice heavy old fashioned sellotape dispenser. Sellotaping has now been uprated to the category "mildly satisfying" from previous "risk of damage or injury, including accidental self bondage or suffocation". If it wasn't for the postal charges, I would have sent everyone one for xmas.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

At the risk of sounding a misery in what's supposed to be a positive thread, a couple over the Christmas break were getting rained on and a power cut. Rain out on the fells is invigorating (within reason) and the atmosphere in the pub with no power on (but still being able to buy drinks) was very good.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Wildlife. Rare sightings of something spectacular.Where have all the bramblings gone this year - not seen one yet.

Don't think I've ever seen a brambling.

My sister had a red squirrel in her garden yesterday, helping himself to bird food. They see one now and then - she lives in N Yorks.

At the moment in the far reaches of SW Greater London I have 3 rose ringed parakeets hogging the fat balls we put out for the tits and woodpeckers. They are beautiful birds but eat like pigs and don't half squawk a lot. Another 5 or 6 waiting in the trees is common. However they are very messy eaters and scatter a lot for robin and blackbird to hoover up.

HOLA446

A nice heavy old fashioned sellotape dispenser. Sellotaping has now been uprated to the category "mildly satisfying" from previous "risk of damage or injury, including accidental self bondage or suffocation". If it wasn't for the postal charges, I would have sent everyone one for xmas.

£shop. Have two. They're fantastic.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Wildlife. Rare sightings of something spectacular.

Where have all the bramblings gone this year - not seen one yet.

I get a kick out of my allotment robins appearing almost instantly when I arrive with the mealworms...

Squirrels are also good fun.

HOLA449

Agree with being rained on when I'm out running, brilliant feeling.

Agree..or walking, as long as you have the right comfortable waterproof clothing and footwear on.....walking at any time, looking out for the wildlife, listening,feeling, smelling and tasting.....use of all the senses, taking in the wonderful natural scenery, wild flowers, insects and trees. :)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Finding a fresh bottle of HP sauce in the cupboard. First cup of tea after getting home from work. Being in when someone arrives with a parcel.

All inconsequential and mildly pleasing.

I'm not totally unconvinced that a large part of the success of online shopping isn't the excitement at getting a parcel element evoking childhood Christmas/birthday excitement emotions.

HOLA4424

Wildlife. Rare sightings of something spectacular.Where have all the bramblings gone this year - not seen one yet.

This is one of the things I love about where we live. Sitting at the end of our garden during the summer and seeing ducks flying past like something off Hilda Ogdens wall, leaving the patio doors open and hearing the peacocks in the priory calling out during the evenings and seeing the birds of prey sitting on the top of the trees and then circling. A heron in the field out the back. One of my favourites this year was when I was out walking the dog and he suddenly stopped still, utterly confused, as we heard this racket approaching. A skein of geese went overhead and it was a sight to behold.

HOLA4425

Archived