House Price Crash Forum

Inconsequential Things That Please Me Mildly

Steppenpig

HOLA441

Upex pies Monkeyman?

If we're talking steak and kidney, then yes indeed 007.

But if the subject is pork pies, then it's Morrells of Hartlepool every time.

Is your LL hot and prone to walking around nude with the curtains open?

If Mrs XYY is reading this then no, of course not.

But if it's just between us...? Well let's just say that I certainly wouldn't climb over her to get to you mate...!!!

;)

XYY

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

When I was still eating meat, it used to be Pork Pies from Ruswarp only.

Each to their own Id guess.

I will try and sample these Ruswarpian pies at my earliest convenience.

Hopefully they are Yorkshire/North-Eastern style porkers with the light pastry and plenty of jelly between the meat and the pastry. Can't stand any of that lardy brown Melton Mowbray shite...!

XYY

HOLA444

Oh they are proper.

You're lucky. You can hop on a train, change at 'boro, trundle down the EskValley, stop off, get hammered, go to butchers, then be back home.

They've done a good job on opening up the path at the side of railway. Easy walk from Ruswarp down to Whitby. Best bit of town is under the old viaduct - Look at my brick arch, ye mighty, and despair!

HOLA445

Oh they are proper.

You're lucky. You can hop on a train, change at 'boro, trundle down the EskValley, stop off, get hammered, go to butchers, then be back home.

They've done a good job on opening up the path at the side of railway. Easy walk from Ruswarp down to Whitby. Best bit of town is under the old viaduct - Look at my brick arch, ye mighty, and despair!

Well so are Morrells pork pies. You could simply steer the yacht youve just stolen from Scaramanga into Hartlepool marina and make the 10 minute walk/pilgrimage to their shop in York Road.

The home of a truly exceptional Northern-style pork pie - and guaranteed to put any veggie poofter secret-agent back on the right path...

;)

XYY

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

That is quite a coincidence because I'm walking along there this week with a couple of mates. Starting at Clay Bank Top staying at the Red Lion at Blakey before coming down to the valley and ending up at Whitby.

Going along the Esk is the best way into Whitby.

Top of the moors is pretty desolate - and you have to watch out for morons on the Guisboro Rd.

The Esk Valley, from Castleton down, has its own micro-climate. When its sunny the place is like a Rain forest - incredibly green.

From Grosmont down, the Esk is wide and slow, its great.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Our landlady is going through a divorce, and needs to move back into the house we've rented off her since 2012. She gave us notice to quit in March.

Just realised. You're well out of order there.

That is not inconsequential. Even if you only have to move next door!

HOLA4411

Just realised. You're well out of order there.

That is not inconsequential. Even if you only have to move next door!

It's a fair cop you got me with there porky - the amount of "computer says no" shit that moving next-door has thrown-up while changing my address with various utility companies has certainly not been inconsequential.

Mind you - the bonus of not paying for a removal-van, and the lack of any requirement to re-direct the post have just about made it worth the hassle...!

XYY

HOLA4412
  • 7 months later...
HOLA4413

While watching a documentary about the history of boxing today, I learned an inconsequential thing that pleased me mildly.

Joe Frazier fancied himself as a singer as well as a boxer, and when he wasn't getting brayed in the ring by George Foreman, he fronted the legendary turn "Joe Frazier And The Knockouts".

Featuring an all-female group of backing-singers no less...!

XYY

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
43 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I think Billy Joel was a boxer, and he wrote some smashing songs!

She steals like a child, but she's always a woman to me.

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

She steals like a child, but she's always a woman to me.

XYY

That's one of my favourites.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

I've misquoted it - should be steals like a thief not like a child.

I was very, very drunk...

XYY

is that since you misquoted "Hark the herald Angels", or have you been sober in the intervening period?

HOLA4419
10 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

While watching a documentary about the history of boxing today, I learned an inconsequential thing that pleased me mildly.

Joe Frazier fancied himself as a singer as well as a boxer, and when he wasn't getting brayed in the ring by George Foreman, he fronted the legendary turn "Joe Frazier And The Knockouts".

Featuring an all-female group of backing-singers no less...!

XYY

What about George Foreman and the Spice Grills?

HOLA4420
2 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

I've misquoted it - should be steals like a thief not like a child.

I was very, very drunk...

XYY

No you weren't That's a song I played to a lady friend! I think that encapsulates what woman is. She used to play me "The Joker" by Steve Miller.

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, Sledgehead said:

is that since you misquoted "Hark the herald Angels", or have you been sober in the intervening period?

I was sober for about 45 minutes today Sledgy - but other than that not really mate..!

;)

XYY

HOLA4422
17 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

What about George Foreman and the Spice Grills?

I'm sure George isn't the only member of that particular troupe who's enjoyed the odd rumble in the jungle..!

XYY

HOLA4423

Barry McGuigan fancied himself as a bit of a singer.

Went to a charity function years ago. We were on the table nearest the stage. The whole thing had over-run by an hour or more so just as Barry came on stage we had to depart to get the last train home. He had probably sung the first three lines of a song when I had to get up and leave the room. Proper scary. Can't say if he was any good as a warbler.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived