House Price Crash Forum

Inconsequential Things That Annoy Me Intensely

HOLA441
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

People who start a new conversation with you at work, across the room or over a partition etc, but without attracting your attention first. It gradually dawns on you that someone in your vicinity is talking and you glance up out of nosiness, to discover them looking at you expectantly waiting for a response.

HOLA443

Just saw it....horrific, and the car didn't even stop, man lifted up by the car and fell into the road like a rag, glad to hear the man was not killed and is recovering, a child or someone not so strong could easily have done, .....mental drivers. :(

Yeah, saddening that people can so casually maim and kill through sheer stupidity and carelessness.

@Riedquat - I know where you're coming from but speed limits aren't really always arbitrary, but based on the physics of which speeds are most likely to cause death and injury on particular roads/environments, ie 20mph around schools should reduce risk of death to children. I agree that 70mph for our motorways seems pretty arbitrary.

HOLA444

Yeah, saddening that people can so casually maim and kill through sheer stupidity and carelessness.

@Riedquat - I know where you're coming from but speed limits aren't really always arbitrary, but based on the physics of which speeds are most likely to cause death and injury on particular roads/environments, ie 20mph around schools should reduce risk of death to children. I agree that 70mph for our motorways seems pretty arbitrary.

20 mph around schools isn't unreasonable - at the time there are kids around. Even then though there's more up to them to stay out of the way of traffic than vice-versa. The rest are getting increasingly ridiculous and getting used more and more as a substitute to insisting that people have the necessary judgment to be on the roads (and are largely driven by pressure groups made up of the 40 mph everywhere brigade). Are you more likely to find cameras and Talivans where it's the most dangerous to be going over the limit, or the easiest?

70 mph on the motorway doesn't really bother me though. It's arbitrary (when it's not very busier faster is perfectly safe) but wanting to go much faster than that just demonstrates chronic impatience.

HOLA445

A friend just posted a police information request video on Facebook from the city where I used to live - a very graphic video using multiple viewpoints (most CCTV'd nation on Earth!) where a Fiat 500 came round a blind junction at an insane speed (residential area) and hit an adult pedestrian who flew though the air like a ragdoll and landed in a heap looking pretty dead (luckily not), the car didn't stop. There should be a special place in hell for *****s like that.

So this is clearly not on-topic either! ;)

I see a lot of "police warning" posts about child safety. They tend to be formatted in a way that suggests a specific threat, but in fact are just empty fear ratcheting. Along the lines of: "A suspicious man in a blue car was seen talking to a child in the local area. Be extra, extra vigilant!" No request for info or detail to help identify an actual suspect or an actual crime, just the vaguest possible suggestion of detail to suggest a specific incident, and an assertion that parents should be as terrified as possible all the time. Disgusting.

HOLA446

"Hey everyone - This June I am trekking along the Grand Canyon to raise money for charity xxxxx"

No - youre doing it because its a holiday and you want to. I actualy just got this on linkedin.

HOLA447
HOLA448

People that start a "matther of fact" conversation in the bog. :wacko: I don't want to hear about next quarter's projected sales figure, just yet.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Saw something on the news this morning re. BBC sports relief.

They were interviewing Jo Brand outside a pub/hotel doing a Hull to Liverpool walk iirc. I'd love to do that :lol:

Might take me a bit longer though. hic.

Saw something about that - I didn't click on it. I dont want to know.

She did something for some other 'charity' type BBC event a few years back. Involved swimming. So whilst she may not look much like an athlete - she clearly doesnt mind a bit of exercise too much.

HOLA4411

Saw something about that - I didn't click on it. I dont want to know.

She did something for some other 'charity' type BBC event a few years back. Involved swimming. So whilst she may not look much like an athlete - she clearly doesnt mind a bit of exercise too much.

Exercise?

It sounds ******ing brilliant to me, walk 2hours. stop at pub. walk 3 hrs stop at pub. lunch. walk 2 hrs stop at pub etc till pissed, wake up, go again.

Wonder if the BBC is picking up the bill?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Exercise?

It sounds ******ing brilliant to me, walk 2hours. stop at pub. walk 3 hrs stop at pub. lunch. walk 2 hrs stop at pub etc till pissed, wake up, go again.

I like her but as with ccc's Grand Canyon walker I find it hard (won't unless it's near-impossible to get out of) to sponsor somebody who's off doing something that they (and I) want to really do anyway.

Walking the Great Wall of China, climbing Kilimanjaro, tour of the Andes have all been some of the holidays of a lifetime for others that I have turned down the opportunity of paying for.

HOLA4415

I like her but as with ccc's Grand Canyon walker I find it hard (won't unless it's near-impossible to get out of) to sponsor somebody who's off doing something that they (and I) want to really do anyway.

Walking the Great Wall of China, climbing Kilimanjaro, tour of the Andes have all been some of the holidays of a lifetime for others that I have turned down the opportunity of paying for..

You have to have a holiday in The Isle of Grain power station disused boliers.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

When the wealthy and influential can launder millions of pounds of money and few questions are asked.......but you or I want to cash a few grand of our own money to buy a car or whatever and they want the Spanish inquisition, about how came by it and what want to do with it, treated as if guilty of some sort of misdemeanour or avoidance for wanting to withdraw their own fully taxed income saved over time to buy something they have long saved for.

The same as some multi nationals can get away with paying less in tax whilst the majority that earn far less have to pay a higher percentage of their earnings and expenditure in tax.......fairness is not fair to all people. ;)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

How about turds which have a very square end, and makes your bottom shut promptly and bleed!

Can these square turds be connected together to make a variety of models of things?

If so it isn't a turd and just the lego you put up there earlier.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Exercise?

You actually are wondering this ^ !!

HOLA4425

Archived