• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

ON SKy news now that 400 Russian tanks are entering Ukraine.

http://www.thejournal.ie/tanks-enter-ukraine-from-russia-1767802-Nov2014/

Figures there are lower but they said 400 as news that just came in.

The bit I saw said armoured cars and heavy artillery had crossed, but tanks were on the Russian side, if they have crossed this is a serious moment?

HOLA446

The bit I saw said armoured cars and heavy artillery had crossed, but tanks were on the Russian side, if they have crossed this is a serious moment?

A column of 32 tanks, 16 howitzer cannons and 30 trucks carrying troops and equipment crossed the border into separatist-held Lugansk region Thursday, Ukrainian military spokesman Andriy Lysenko

nothing like a bit of numberwang.....is there a day gone by where the Ukranians havent pled the Russians are here?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Sky News the same time as you

But its on bbc website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29952505

"An armoured column including 32 tanks and 30 trucks has crossed into eastern Ukraine from Russia, Kiev says."

That is not the same as 400 tanks, they are on the border on the Russian side, if they cross this is a serious escalation.

HOLA4414

Sky News the same time as you

But its on bbc website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29952505

the news are reporting the press release of the Ukraine Lying Government.

"The trucks were carrying ammunition and fighters, said a military spokesman, but the BBC cannot confirm his report."

HOLA4415

"An armoured column including 32 tanks and 30 trucks has crossed into eastern Ukraine from Russia, Kiev says."

That is not the same as 400 tanks, they are on the border on the Russian side, if they cross this is a serious escalation.

Sky News said 400 and theyve crossed the border.

This confirms NATO made the claim, its rolling news so im only repeating they said it was 400

http://news.sky.com/story/1368812/dozens-of-tanks-enter-ukraine-from-russia

HOLA4416

Sky News said 400 and theyve crossed the border.

This confirms NATO made the claim, its rolling news so im only repeating they said it was 400

http://news.sky.com/story/1368812/dozens-of-tanks-enter-ukraine-from-russia

Your link says 32 tanks? Sorry to be pedantic, but if 400 hundred tanks go over the border that is going to be BREAKING NEWS on all channels, I`m not seeing this yet. Sam Kylie on Sky said the 400 hundred were "deploying" on the Russian side, not crossing, yet.

HOLA4417

Your link says 32 tanks? Sorry to be pedantic, but if 400 hundred tanks go over the border that is going to be BREAKING NEWS on all channels, I`m not seeing this yet. Sam Kylie on Sky said the 400 hundred were "deploying" on the Russian side, not crossing, yet.

OK i must have misinterpreted that, but i was sure he said 32 and then he heard something on his earpiece and said it is 400.

We will see shortly whats happening.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Mr. Putin has apparently sent his tanks out for a drive in the country - the country next door.

But, so far, gold and silver appears to be saying "Blah!".

I suspect that he is just testing the waters though. See what reaction there is from the West. Reminds me of Hungary where the Russian troops had orders to retreat if NATO had shown any hint of a back-bone. NATO didn't.

HOLA4422

Do we actually have 400 tanks?

There are some armoured tank experts on the forum - I personally don't know - but doubt we that number at any rush-in distance. Had to laugh, but also feel a bit concerned, with Russia's reaction to NATO airforce display in Wales the other month.

Has the Russian Embassy started trolling Nato on Twitter?

Russia mocks the full-size models of military vehicles displayed at the Nato summit with tiny toys

Thursday 04 September 2014

*[PIC 2] A full-scale model of an F35 Lighting II fighter jet at the Nato summit

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/has-the-russian-embassy-started-trolling-nato-on-twitter-9712251.html

I suspect that he is just testing the waters though. See what reaction there is from the West. Reminds me of Hungary where the Russian troops had orders to retreat if NATO had shown any hint of a back-bone. NATO didn't.

At Checkpoint-Charlie in the 61, the US gathered tanks, and the USSR calmly brought into view an exact corresponding number of tanks, to equalise the situation - and the situation later calmed. Russia feeling some consequence though now, in this world of bailouts, QE, forever growth and forever HPI.

HOLA4423

There are some armoured tank experts on the forum - I personally don't know - but doubt we that number at any rush-in distance. Had to laugh, but also feel a bit concerned, with Russia's reaction to NATO airforce display in Wales the other month.

Tanks without air superiority would be pointless against US technology.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Tanks without air superiority would be pointless against US technology.

I think probably the Russians have thought that one through.

On my visit to NATO, it was pointed out we could wage full scale war versus the Warsaw Pact for 3 days.

If they werent repelled by then, it was NATO Nukes next.

I think we were stronger then.