House Price Crash Forum

Blue Suit, Brown Shoes?

HOLA441

Is wearing a blue suit with brown / tan shoes a crime against fashion / nature?

Quite a few people I know are aghast at the idea. I think it looks good / is quite acceptable. Black shoes with a blue suit don't look right to me.

I've googled it and the advice from style websites is that they do go very well but most people I know think not.

What say you HPC?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Funnily enough I recently bought my first suit. A nice fairly bright blue colour. Was in the shop and had the same question - so walked around with one of each on asking randoms what they preferred. Brown came on top so that's what I got. I thought they looked better too

HOLA445

Looks a bit spivvy to me. I can just imagine the guy off Homes under the hammer wearing it.

Loud 80s fashions seem to be making a comeback unfortunately.

659692.jpg

Dress like that if you want to go to henley regatta or the stock exchange. Anyone who dresses like that where I live is likely to get weird looks from everyone. Its not 1985 and garish coloured suits are never cool. Just ask these guys.

The+Rat+Pack+RatPack.jpg

HOLA446

Funnily enough I recently bought my first suit. A nice fairly bright blue colour. Was in the shop and had the same question - so walked around with one of each on asking randoms what they preferred. Brown came on top so that's what I got. I thought they looked better too

Are you appearing in court soon? :blink: ! Still, I have still only bought one suit in my life. I really don't like them! Well I do, for certain occasions.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Are you appearing in court soon? :blink: ! Still, I have still only bought one suit in my life. I really don't like them! Well I do, for certain occasions.

A really good suit looks fantastic and is one of the comfiest things to wear.

Cheap suits scratch, crease and you can't wait to take them off.

If all suits were like my first one I would never wear them, treat yourself to a decent one Mr Pin!

HOLA449

Looks a bit spivvy to me. I can just imagine the guy off Homes under the hammer wearing it.

659692.jpg

Dress like that if you want to go to henley regatta or the stock exchange. Anyone who dresses like that where I live is likely to get weird looks from everyone. Its not 1985 and garish coloured suits are never cool. Just ask these guys.

Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity, my hero

HOLA4410

Not that I know of !!

HOLA4411

A really good suit looks fantastic and is one of the comfiest things to wear.

Cheap suits scratch, crease and you can't wait to take them off.

If all suits were like my first one I would never wear them, treat yourself to a decent one Mr Pin!

It is a nice suit Frank! My GF of the time made me buy it! She said it was a "bargain" and she was good with cloth!

I'm sure I have it still hanging up somewhere, if it still exists!

HOLA4412

659692.jpg

The+Rat+Pack+RatPack.jpg

A couple of things have struck me as very 1985 re. men's fashions this summer. Short shorts and white socks and trousers that don't meet the shoe. It looks odd at the moment but I guess we will all be wearing them soon.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

It depends on the shade of blue and the shade of the brown leather - get them right and it is a very stylish combo.

The cut of the suit is also important. It works with a classic single cut suit of the type Cary Grant or Dean Martin would wear but it is is a no no with the double breasted kind of suit that someone like Roger Moore would wear IMPO.

HOLA4416

It is a nice suit Frank! My GF of the time made me buy it! She said it was a "bargain" and she was good with cloth!

I'm sure I have it still hanging up somewhere, if it still exists!

I know how you dress, MrPin! But not everyone can wear a fez with dignity. Mr Attaturk had the right idea!

At least you observe the old rule "red hat, no knickers"!

HOLA4417

I know how you dress, MrPin! But not everyone can wear a fez with dignity. Mr Attaturk had the right idea!

At least you observe the old rule "red hat, no knickers"!

It's not a "fez", just a purple Homburg, where the brim has been lost!

HOLA4418

It's not a "fez", just a purple Homburg, where the brim has been lost!

I just found a nice photo of these Muslim 'gentlemen' of the Waffen-SS, who are sporting some fine fezzes!

People forget just how 'vibrant' and 'inclusive' the Waffen-SS was!

Mr Hitler must have been something of a modern metrosexual, I think! He was certainly cosmopolitan, and keen for his army to visit many European cities!

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101III-Mielke-036-23%2

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I just found a nice photo of these Muslim 'gentlemen' of the Waffen-SS, who are sporting some fine fezzes!

People forget just how 'vibrant' and 'inclusive' the Waffen-SS was!

Mr Hitler must have been something of a modern metrosexual, I think! He was certainly cosmopolitan, and keen for his army to visit many European cities!

That must have been the whole lot of them! I've never seen the Turkish SS in a war film!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Then that is not a 'red hat', so put your underpants back on at once!

Somehow I expected that comment.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived