House Price Crash Forum

Bumper Bonuses At Barclays

HOLA441
HOLA442

http://news.sky.com/...n-bonus-bonanza

"

The bank is expected to say that it is paying out close to £2.5bn in bonuses for 2013 despite a £6bn share sale, Sky News learns."

Ever get the feeling you are being taken for a ride ?

At least we can see how the London bubble is being blown. Obviously by the same crooks as before but now the UK govt is working openly for them rather than behind the scenes.

HOLA443

http://news.sky.com/story/1207647/barclays-set-to-unveil-2-5bn-bonus-bonanza

"

The bank is expected to say that it is paying out close to £2.5bn in bonuses for 2013 despite a £6bn share sale, Sky News learns."

Nonsense! They do a great job creating wealth and deserve every penny! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The question is: "At what point will the average thicko member of the GBP cotton on to how they are being treated as mugs?".

Or will they ever catch on? I have my doubts, a great mass of the general population are fick, innit. Drop in 24x7 Orwellian 'prolefeed' and a mainstream media that feeds the populace dumbed down propaganda around an agenda of establishment-set 'talking points' (plus celebrity tosh) and you have all the ingredients for a nation of serfs that are happy to accept the scraps from their masters table.

HOLA444

Most people I have met who work for banks etc etc are not bad, just massively overpaid. Secretaries on 80k. Admin staff on 60k. It is crazy - and amazing it has gone on for so long now (started in the late 70s I think)?

HOLA445

Nonsense! They do a great job creating wealth and deserve every penny! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The question is: "At what point will the average thicko member of the GBP cotton on to how they are being treated as mugs?".

Or will they ever catch on? I have my doubts, a great mass of the general population are fick, innit. Drop in 24x7 Orwellian 'prolefeed' and a mainstream media that feeds the populace dumbed down propaganda around an agenda of establishment-set 'talking points' (plus celebrity tosh) and you have all the ingredients for a nation of serfs that are happy to accept the scraps from their masters table.

"At what point will the average thicko member of the GBP cotton on to how they are being treated as mugs?"

8th May, 2015. Whoever gets elected, that's the day the bogus austerity stops and the genuine austerity begins.

HOLA446
HOLA447

The general level of understanding when it comes to matters financial is frighteningly low-

For example ask most people where the banks get the money they lend out for car loans, mortgages ect and they will confidently tell you that the money comes from the deposits and savings of the people who use the bank.

Then ask them if they would be happy if- when they went to get some money from their bank account- the bank were to say no because that money in their account has been lent out to someone else. Most people find this idea outrageous - it's their money after all! :lol:

So even at this most simple level the public's perception of how banking works is incoherent. No wonder the bankers find it so easy to loot the system.

Edited by wonderpup

HOLA448

http://news.sky.com/story/1207647/barclays-set-to-unveil-2-5bn-bonus-bonanza

"

i never understand why every other business controls costs but banks just want to increase costs

HOLA449

The general level of understanding when it comes to matters financial is frighteningly low-

For example ask most people where the banks get the money they lend out for car loans, mortgages ect and they will confidently tell you that the money comes from the deposits and savings of the people who use the bank.

Then ask them if they would be happy if- when they went to get some money from their bank account- the bank were to say no because that money in their account has been lent out to someone else. Most people find this idea outrageous - it's their money after all! :lol:

So even at this most simple level the public's perception of how banking works is incoherent. No wonder the bankers find it so easy to loot the system.

...what if they were told it was used to go towards paying bonuses?.......anyway in the end part of it helps to pay the interest on the country's growing deficit and debt.....must be alright then.....what goes around comes around. ;)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

But not everyone is so lucky.

Job losses at bank's corporate division. Around 400 posts will go, and the Unite union said a further 120 were being placed at risk. Barclays said it would try to avoid compulsory redundancies, but Unite said staff would be "reeling." "As part of the ongoing transformation of Barclays, the shape of corporate banking will need to change, as we react to advances in technology and simplify the business to better serve our clients. Barclays denied it was planning a significant reduction to its branch network, amid speculation up to a quarter of its 1,600 UK sites could close.

HOLA4412

Agreed, unfortunately.

HOLA4413