House Price Crash Forum

Help To Buy - Let Them Know What You Think.

HOLA441
HOLA442

TPTB really are keen to push HTB as the solution to the affordability problem, without actually letting on that all their other hairbrained schemes are in fact the cause of the affordability problem.

This Facebook site to me stinks of so much that is wrong with Britain today - property ramping, faux concern for others and a cheap social media page to get everyone to 'Like it'.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

And my latest:

“I’ve worked really hard to get where I am and I’m so proud of my new home; being the envy of all my friends is worth it!”

No you haven't. You've been given an interest-free loan for a large amount of money, at taxpayers' expense. Still, it's a great feeling when all your inferior friends who rent are envious of you. Losers, eh?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

To OP - my heartfelt thx for this!

The comments are great and I really needed cheering up! Truly, a wonderful FB link!

My only worry is TPTB using the FB site as bait to get us to reveal our ID... No, been on ZH too long! :)

No, lets all enjoy a Gov FB pratfall, even if we all have to deal with the macroecobomic consequences of F2B. Thx again GtI!

HOLA4415

I want to put a comment on it somewhere along the lines of:

'I am legitimately saving up for a deposit for a place of my own so I could call it home. Trying to do the right thing and save approximately 25% towards the value of my home. This monster you call Help to Buy is diluting my deposit into a worthless pot. I work hard to build up the deposit and this is how you reward savers who like to have a bit of control and security in their finances? I consider myself Mid-low paid, income of about £22k PA.

I might be a bit off key, but someone in my position, earning around the same wage as me but is very frivolous with money, made no real effort to save is rewarded by the state? He/she by-passes me by just getting 5-10% deposit using the Help to Buy and buys a home like many others thus pushing home prices up even further?

This somehow reminds me of state encouraged sub-prime mortages.'

Just my vent....

HOLA4416

I want to put a comment on it somewhere along the lines of:

'I am legitimately saving up for a deposit for a place of my own so I could call it home. Trying to do the right thing and save approximately 25% towards the value of my home. This monster you call Help to Buy is diluting my deposit into a worthless pot. I work hard to build up the deposit and this is how you reward savers who like to have a bit of control and security in their finances? I consider myself Mid-low paid, income of about £22k PA.

I might be a bit off key, but someone in my position, earning around the same wage as me but is very frivolous with money, made no real effort to save is rewarded by the state? He/she by-passes me by just getting 5-10% deposit using the Help to Buy and buys a home like many others thus pushing home prices up even further?

This somehow reminds me of state encouraged sub-prime mortages.'

Just my vent....

Well add the comment! you need an FB logon: I have a semianonymised one (dont use FB itself but may comment sites ask for an FB logon b4 posting)