HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Don't watch it. Don't support it.

Don't think sending kids to school in their nightwear in November is actually a good idea either.

Do they say what % of money stays in the UK?

It amazes me year on (every other) year how much money gets given to this lot.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I got back in last night, stuck the telly on and it was the weather forecast. Good, I wanted to know the weekend weather. Then the presenter got a phone call, stopped his forecast, wandered off and got some Minnie Mouse ears, and then I turned it off and looked it up on teletext instead.

I expect if you point out what a dire shower of fakery it is if you work at the BBC then you get sacked, so they all force a laugh, dress up stupidly and pretend to enjoy it.

HOLA4412

I think it is more and more dependent on corporates turning up for a 30 second 'advert' handing over an over-sized cheque for a sizeable sum of cash. It is a win for a business on 3 levels:

1. The payment is tax deductible.

2. The money the business 'donates' probably is as cheap or cheaper than paying for a similiar prime time advertising slot.

3. Public thinks said business is a caring one.

It would be interesting to see what the percentage of the money raised comes from corporate 'sponsors'.

Edit:

You can see proof of this in the regional sums raised - they hardly rise at all yet the national combined figure raised is always up. Proof that corporate cheques are driving the numbers.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I think it is more and more dependent on corporates turning up for a 30 second 'advert' handing over an over-sized cheque for a sizeable sum of cash. It is a win for a business on 3 levels:

1. The payment is tax deductible.

2. The money the business 'donates' probably is as cheap or cheaper than paying for a similiar prime time advertising slot.

3. Public thinks said business is a caring one.

It would be interesting to see what the percentage of the money raised comes from corporate 'sponsors'.

Edit:

You can see proof of this in the regional sums raised - they hardly rise at all yet the national combined figure raised is always up. Proof that corporate cheques are driving the numbers.

YES, It's advertising on the cheap, with a "caring" feeling thrown in! Charities can never make a "profit", but they make a "surplus" instead. Any accountants here care to tell me the difference? :blink:

HOLA4415

YES, It's advertising on the cheap, with a "caring" feeling thrown in! Charities can never make a "profit", but they make a "surplus" instead. Any accountants here care to tell me the difference? :blink:

You can pay out profit to shareholders.

To pay out a surplus you have to up the executives' salaries.

HOLA4416

You can pay out profit to shareholders.

To pay out a surplus you have to up the executives' salaries.

Thankyou for your sound wisdom, you 18-wheelered accountant you!

As cynical as me too!

HOLA4417

ITV used to do one annual event some years ago called the Telethon.

It was popular for a couple of years then it wasn't. Being a commercial entity they had the nous to take it off when it had served it's purpose

Then we have the BBC.......

HOLA4418

Must have been like Christmas Day at TV centre for Sir Jimmy.

He lurked around the event a few times during the 1980s, but by the mid to late 1990s he was actually quietly kicked off and told not to ever come back (with the Children in Need organisers having enough character and smarts to be heavily suspicious of Savile).

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

The next BBC scandal is on it's way.

Do you really believe every penny that is donated goes to those in need laugh.gif

Read this and weep...

"A Panorama probe into how Comic Relief uses its donations has been postponed by the BBC, it emerged today.

The investigation has been examining how millions of pounds are invested by fund managers before heading to charity projects, including claims shares are being bought in tobacco and arms firms.

The Panorama probe also alleges that Comic Relief staffing costs have doubled since 2008, which would also be funded by the public.

The Comic Relief probe was due to air later this month but the screening has been cancelled by BBC executives."

The Panorama show is understood to scrutinise how Comic Relief invested significant sums for up to eight years before handing it over to charity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2469977/BBC-suspends-Panorama-probe-Comic-Relief-invests-funds.html

HOLA4421

The next BBC scandal is on it's way.

Read this and weep...

"A Panorama probe into how Comic Relief uses its donations has been postponed by the BBC, it emerged today.

The Comic Relief probe was due to air later this month but the screening has been cancelled by BBC executives."

[/font]

Oh crikey! :o

HOLA4422

Archived