Kindle Bargain!

Bossybabe

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Bargain but perhaps still too expensive :D

I used to make lots of my own curries until I worked out it was easier and cheaper to go to a local curry house.

I make my own! I have a regret feeling at about 04:00. :blink:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I wonder if this is the male equivalent of 'having contractions'?

Sometimes, I can be dilated a full 1.5cm

P

No dilation involved, Paul! It just comes out!

Punish the body to improve the soul! ;)

HOLA449

I hate all that kindle stuff. I don't want Amazon (and GCHQ) to see my book collection.

Besides - if I want to make a curry, the internet's full of recipes.

But I'm far more likely to pop into my local Bangladeshi place for an absolutely exquisite meal.

HOLA4410

I hate all that kindle stuff. I don't want Amazon (and GCHQ) to see my book collection.

Besides - if I want to make a curry, the internet's full of recipes.u do e

But I'm far more likely to pop into my local Bangladeshi place for an absolutely exquisite meal.

I'll bet you don't? :lol:

HOLA4411

Rick Stein's India for Kindle is on Amazon for 49p at the moment!!! Go for it, Curry Lovers!!!!

Any other Kindle bargains you know about out there??

:D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stillness-Speed-Story-Dennis-Bergkamp-ebook/dp/B00DJWA1IM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1384165897&sr=1-1&keywords=dennis+bergkamp

Only been out about a month or so, worth a read if you have any interest in the finer points of football.

----

Have to agree on the Curry making issue, costs far more to make yourself if you want a really decent one. The recipes always ask for some random spice you don't have such as black mustard seeds or kaffir lime leaves which on their own tend to cost half the price of a take away curry.

• 1 month later...
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Have to agree on the Curry making issue, costs far more to make yourself if you want a really decent one. The recipes always ask for some random spice you don't have such as black mustard seeds or kaffir lime leaves which on their own tend to cost half the price of a take away curry.

Bugger the recipes. Just make the curry from available ingredients and enjoy it.

If you want cheap, my lentil and mushroom Madras is one tenth the price of a basic takeaway that's not half as nice.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I don't understand the British obsession with curry foods. It's an obsession with spice, and not a delicate appreciation of the ingredients. I can cook sodding curries that taste no different to the sheit in restaurants.

There, I said it.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Yes! All the £0.00p out of copyright classics! I have just been enjoying a load of M R James' ghost stories on my nice new Paperwhite.

Still like proper books, though.

I've worked my way through masses of out of copyright freebies over recent years (tip: go to Aussie Gutenburg - they have shorter copyright periods). Don't use a Kindle, though - read it on my phone on some open source reader programme.

HOLA4418

I've worked my way through masses of out of copyright freebies over recent years (tip: go to Aussie Gutenburg - they have shorter copyright periods). Don't use a Kindle, though - read it on my phone on some open source reader programme.

I have just gone extravagantly mad and downloaded the complete works of Anthony Trollope (over 50 novels) for £1.39. There must be a few there I've never read.

HOLA4419

I don't understand the British obsession with curry foods. It's an obsession with spice, and not a delicate appreciation of the ingredients. I can cook sodding curries that taste no different to the sheit in restaurants.

There, I said it.

You mean that curry just tastes of curry rather than the ingredients that are it

There are lots of cooking styles from round the world that use spices more interestingly than most curries which are the culinary equivalent of a sledge hammer aimed at the basic taste sensations ofthe tongue (sweet, sour, salty etc). The lack of sophistication or subtlety in most curries is precisely why it appeals to most Brits who abandoned their taste buds in World War 2 and never got them back.

HOLA4420

I have just gone extravagantly mad and downloaded the complete works of Anthony Trollope (over 50 novels) for £1.39. There must be a few there I've never read.

I hope the £1.39 was a voluntary donation to a good cause, rather than you falling victim to scammers who charge for free literature.

HOLA4421

You mean that curry just tastes of curry rather than the ingredients that are it

There are lots of cooking styles from round the world that use spices more interestingly than most curries which are the culinary equivalent of a sledge hammer aimed at the basic taste sensations ofthe tongue (sweet, sour, salty etc). The lack of sophistication or subtlety in most curries is precisely why it appeals to most Brits who abandoned their taste buds in World War 2 and never got them back.

Exactly!

HOLA4422

I hope the £1.39 was a voluntary donation to a good cause, rather than you falling victim to scammers who charge for free literature.

Could probably have got them all for free, one by one. Not tight enough to think £1.39 excessive for downloading all in one go. Have since paid a couple of quid for complete works of Arnold Bennett.

Can't help wondering what Trollope and Bennett would have thought. Would probably be turning in graves. In Victorian times at least novels were mostly published in 3 volumes, as demanded by private libraries, and IIRC each vol cost one and a half guineas - way beyond most people.

HOLA4423

Lots of free legal cookery books available from torrent sites

As well as free recipes all over the internet now

You won't go far wrong with this site if you like them takeaway style.

Women have surrendered to me unconditionally after just one plateful of my Tandoori Chicken Madras and Mushroom Pilau...

XYY

HOLA4424

You won't go far wrong with this site if you like them takeaway style.

Women have surrendered to me unconditionally after just one plateful of my Tandoori Chicken Madras and Mushroom Pilau...

XYY

A woman made me a pickled onion, chick pea and sprout curry once! Although she was quite dark, I expect she had never been to India! ;)

HOLA4425

A woman made me a pickled onion, chick pea and sprout curry once! Although she was quite dark, I expect she had never been to India! ;)

Aw Pinny, ya poor bugger...! That must've been awful the next morning.

Any of those three ingredients on their own, and also curry all by itself can cause uncomfortable "toilet time" the morning after.

After that combination, you must've had an àrse like a friggin' blood-orange...

XYY

Archived