House Price Crash Forum

Dreams

happy_renting

HOLA441
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I get loads of dreams these days. Two days ago I dreamt I was sitting at the dining table and there was a girl in her twenties under the table between my legs looking towards me with long dark curly hair and dark red lipstick and we were sort of playing a game with me trying to feed her chips with my eyes shut.

I don't know what it means but it seems mildly perverted.

I dreamed the night before last that I was dying of cancer, I was back at my parents house and the were caring for me, there were things I wanted to deal with but I was getting weaker faster than expected so I was resigning myself to not being able to do them. That was cheery. :o

HOLA443

People in your dreams are usually manifestations of yourself.

I had a dream last year where I was walking along Oxwich Bay on the Gower and there was a large house built on the sand. There was a man standing outside.

As I approached the man the front of the house behind him began to open up like a doll's house. I could see all the floors and furniture in each room. Sat in the house was an ex girlfriend of mine.

As soon as I saw her I implored the man to run and get away from her. He would not budge.

The man, of course, was myself. My subconcious was warning me.

HOLA444

isn't it odd when you wake up from dreams?

Last night, i dreamt that someone stabbed me in the arm. Then I woke up.

Half-awake, I considered getting up. But instead, I decided to return to sleep so I could go back and sort out the b**tard who stabbed me.

So you are the person doing the stabbing - why? Is it a sign of yourself self-sabotaging something important? Or is it a warning sign not to do something or to get away?

HOLA445

I get loads of dreams these days. Two days ago I dreamt I was sitting at the dining table and there was a girl in her twenties under the table between my legs looking towards me with long dark curly hair and dark red lipstick and we were sort of playing a game with me trying to feed her chips with my eyes shut.

You secretly desire to be a female giving bjs and being used and treated submissively by an unknown and controlling male.

Always suspected. Thanks for confirming. ;)

HOLA446

I dreamed the night before last that I was dying of cancer, I was back at my parents house and the were caring for me, there were things I wanted to deal with but I was getting weaker faster than expected so I was resigning myself to not being able to do them. That was cheery. :o

I usually have happy dreams! That sounds like a shit one! ;)

I usually dream I'm farking the Williams sisters again! :blink:

HOLA447

This is house price related. You feel deep within that any hope of buying a house is getting further away from you - hence feeling weaker and weaker surrounded by this 'cancer' of house price ramping and house price inflation. You have retreated to the shelter and comfort of your childhood home.

You are trying to look after yourself - save to buy a house - but no matter what you do to get ahead you find yourself constantly weaker due to things like EA ramping, H2B, etc, etc.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Yes, you are a perv. And Freud would have enjoyed your chips.

Here's the source of all ghost stories - threshold consciousness: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Hypnopompic gives me the weirdest images. Not often, but eeeew that's scary.

HOLA4410

I can usually work out what my dreams are telling me. They seem to come in "phases" where the same dream will reoccur a few months apart for a year or two.

Quite a common one is when I find myself in an empty school rushing because I'm late for the exams, it transpires that they have all ended and the school is now on summer holidays. I was a bit anxious at school and college.

Another one which I haven't had in ages is where I fall off a ship and get sucked into the propeller at the back. Makes watching "Titanic" slightly uncomfortable (that scene at the end where the ship breaks in half). That might be because I came within seconds of drowning when I was very young.

Today I had one where I passed out at a party and so couldn't remember anything much about it. I'm not sure what that tells me. I've only ever passed out from alcohol once, actually I always imagined that loss of memory phenomenon is something people invent to pretend that they didn't now what they did when actually they know full-well what they got up to.

Now and again I get dreams where it's like I'm watching a film, so I'm not actually in it, nor is anyone that I know - there was a real "blockbuster" one recently which I can still vividly remember, that's the one I'm thinking of writing a novel about.

Probably less because of the dream itself but because the active brain doesn't shut down completely - I've had some terrible dreams that I wake up from and those occur when I've drunk too much coffee too close to falling asleep which I guess makes the brain "agitated" and assists with recall since a part of you was still conscious, more akin to day-dreaming.

Which, oddly enough, is something that I never, ever do and as far as I know have never done apart from in those instances.

HOLA4411

I am 10 days into a new job and dreamt last night that the boss was shouting at me for being completely useless, can't help feeling a bit unnerved this morning!

Hopefully I am just self flagellating due to lack of confidence...

HOLA4412

In my dream last night I tried to catch a train.People who were late , including me, were running across the footbridge. A few people were running at ground level across the tracks and jumping the tracks in their suits. Those guys did catch the train. Strangely no-one thought it odd at the time.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I dreamed I was asleep once! :huh:

I had a proper horrible one once. I "woke up" in the bed I was actually in, to find Death standing over me (the actual one, not the poster off here) - scythe and cowl and everything. Then a few seconds late I really woke up and of course there was nobody there.

I often dream about witnessing people being run over by trains. I suspect I might have witnessed some kind of accident when I was very small but, like the site of a loose tooth, I don't really want to probe it too much. Making this post is probably the most conscious airing I've ever given the subject.

HOLA4416

A frequent recurring dream I have is I'm in bed and I've just woken up and I can see clearly absolutely everything, every detail in the room and then....I'm confused as to whether my eyes are open or not...and in fact, they're not...I was alseep. It takes a while to realise this and is only confirmed when I actually blink my eyes open. TRUE.

Perhaps in a similar vein I occasionally have the same "dream" (not really sure if it counts as one or not) where the radio turns on and no matter what I do I can't get it to turn off - hitting the buttons, unplugging it, nothing works. Then I realise that I'm not actually awake and can force myself to wake up - the radio has actually come on and is still playing the same thing, so I was obviously hearing it without actually waking up.

HOLA4417

Quite a common one is when I find myself in an empty school rushing because I'm late for the exams, it transpires that they have all ended and the school is now on summer holidays. I was a bit anxious at school and college.

That's quite a common one, like missing trains! :blink:;)

HOLA4418

I have very odd dreams. Some of them are just the usual stuff that people, such as being back in school doing exams, other ones I have deduced it is a dream so I just treat it like a game and do what I feel like which is fun, I can even fly although I find it takes a lot of effort

I am often being hunted down by something (terminator, predator etc) and even though I am running for my life I am not very bothered by it and I think its like a game of hide and seek so I suspect subconsciously I know its a dream

I have often died multiple times in dreams, being shot is common and everything just fades out and I move onto the next dream.

My all time favourite dream was when I was in shire about to go on the quest to destroy the one ring, when tie fighters flew over I believe trying to stop us, annoyingly I woke up so didn't find out what happened next

HOLA4419

I am often being hunted down by something (terminator, predator etc) and even though I am running for my life I am not very bothered by it and I think its like a game of hide and seek so I suspect subconsciously I know its a dream

Being chased is common too! :huh:

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I have very odd dreams. Some of them are just the usual stuff that people, such as being back in school doing exams, other ones I have deduced it is a dream so I just treat it like a game and do what I feel like which is fun, I can even fly although I find it takes a lot of effort

I think flying ones are very common. I usually find that I can't fly very high (even if in a plane) - I'll get above a building or a tree but then there's another, larger one behind it and when I look down I'm not really that far off the ground. It's rather frustrating. Probably similar to the rarer one where I'm on a boat or a ship trying to get out into the open sea but there's always another turn in the river or group of islands.

HOLA4423

I think flying ones are very common. I usually find that I can't fly very high (even if in a plane) - I'll get above a building or a tree but then there's another, larger one behind it and when I look down I'm not really that far off the ground. It's rather frustrating. Probably similar to the rarer one where I'm on a boat or a ship trying to get out into the open sea but there's always another turn in the river or group of islands.

If Sir Ben Ainslie is with you it's a beautiful dream ? if it's Uncle Arthur from Fools and Horses it's a nightmare? :blink:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived