House Price Crash Forum

Dreams

happy_renting

HOLA441
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

At last - i find someone with similar issues to me.

Can't remember the last nuclear fission problem i solved - total block these days.

:lol:

I used to think about Physics a bit! I have a conjecture that the "potato" is a fundamental particle, a bit like electrons! Unlike electrons, the potato can be cut up into smaller bits, and made into chips! This is what I immodestly call the "Pin" paradox! Could I get funding to study this? Not a chance! When I thought about doing a PhD, the projects were even sillier than I could make up! :huh:

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

My most recurring dream is that Mr B is leaving me for someone else. It's horrible with the worse bit being the lack of emotion he shows towards me in the dream and how keen he is on the other person.

It gives me the same feeling I had as a kid when I dreamt that my mother had a packet of maltesers and was sharing them with my siblings yet refused to acknowledge me. I can still feel that hurt even now :(

HOLA448
HOLA449

I would say read my sleep thread Mr Pin but you already have. You must be still thinking of those lesbains and boilers. It doesn't do you any good you know ;)

Frank. I sleep four hours maximum, and then I'm up again! Nothing I can do about it! That is just the way my body works! However I think myself fortunate, that it still does work, er, mostly anyway! ;)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Another regular one I have is that I'm lying on my back on thick, comfortable grass and there is a light drizzle gently falling on my face. I can't move/don't want to move, I've no sense of temperature nor sound merely of the rain on my face and a bright light light in the sky. I have a sense that I am dying but it is in no way frightening nor painful - more a blissful feeling.

Sometimes when I'm walking the dog in the rain or something that sensation floods back and I often stop and lift my face to the sky to feel the rain on my face and then wonder 'is this it?'

That's much better than dreaming about an airplane crashing.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I had a proper horrible one once. I "woke up" in the bed I was actually in, to find Death standing over me (the actual one, not the poster off here) - scythe and cowl and everything. Then a few seconds late I really woke up and of course there was nobody there.

I woke in the middle of the night once to see the ceiling falling down on me.

Actually, it was a poster. The kind you stick on the wall. It was above and behind me where my head was, and the blu-tack had come loose at the top.

Terrified doesn't even begin to describe it. I can laugh now... :)

HOLA4414

That's much better than dreaming about an airplane crashing.

PMSL

I had a very vivid dream once where I was shot in the stomach.

As with all those sorts of dreams where you're at risk your brain wakes you up.

I can still remember how it felt.

So a bit like the guy in the film Severance who has his head cut off I feel that if it ever actually happened to me, I'd get to find out.

HOLA4415

I have same dreams/nightmares over and over.

A) I can fly (very common)

B, exam nightmare - it!s invariably a German lit exam and I haven't read any of the books

C, Christmas shopping nightmare - it!s half past four on Christmas Eve and I haven't bought any presents,

D, dinner party nightmare, it's gone 11 pm and the potatoes still aren't cooked,

E, there's a large house I have dreamt about over and over,for many years, I could describe it I detail but it's nowhere I have ever been. Did I live there In a previous life?

I don't know how I haven't spotted this before but, you're not a bloke are you?

HOLA4416

I don't dream much, but one thing I find weird sometimes, is that I have a dream, and in this dream, I forget/remember what happened earlier in the dream. I get a bit confused when I think about it, was it "sleeping me" that actually just forgot what happened or was it just the "character me". Did I actually really dream the earlier part, or did m brain just sort of spontaneously make up a prequel, to fit in with the forgetting/remembering scene I am currently in/witnessing.

Not really knowing what is going on features heavily in my waking life too.

HOLA4417

I don't dream much, but one thing I find weird sometimes, is that I have a dream, and in this dream, I forget/remember what happened earlier in the dream. I get a bit confused when I think about it, was it "sleeping me" that actually just forgot what happened or was it just the "character me". Did I actually really dream the earlier part, or did m brain just sort of spontaneously make up a prequel, to fit in with the forgetting/remembering scene I am currently in/witnessing.

I think it's understood that time and event order in a dream are not the same as in real life. In fact I remember seeing an experiment that showed that when you wake from a dream, no matter how long you think it was going on for, it was actually only for the few seconds immediately before you awoke. And the dream can be created "backwards".

HOLA4418

PMSL

I had a very vivid dream once where I was shot in the stomach.

As with all those sorts of dreams where you're at risk your brain wakes you up.

I can still remember how it felt.

So a bit like the guy in the film Severance who has his head cut off I feel that if it ever actually happened to me, I'd get to find out.

Can you remember what the poster was of?

HOLA4419

Archived