House Price Crash Forum

No To Google July

rahhhh

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

In protest about Google's tax affairs I am going to stop all my company's google ppc advertising for the month of July. Anyone going to join me??

Won' t that hurt you, more than it hurts them?

HOLA444

I think it might be more effective to protest at the governments needlessly complicated and convoluted tax laws, and to stop paying till they're simplified.

Google have done nothing unlawful.

HOLA445

I think it might be more effective to protest at the governments needlessly complicated and convoluted tax laws, and to stop paying till they're simplified.

Apart from helping the NSA run roughshod over the US consitution and construct a mass surveillance state?

HOLA446

In protest about Google's tax affairs I am going to stop all my company's google ppc advertising for the month of July. Anyone going to join me??

And then in August you will reward Google's complete lack of reaction to your protest, by restarting your commercial relationship with them as if nothing had ever happened?

HOLA447
HOLA448

So they insist.

I hear most people in prison say the same thing.

No court has yet decided whether their insistence that sales "occur" in Ireland is true or a big pile of BS.

Admittedly no government prosecutor has asked a court to make a decision but that doesn't mean that the law hasn't been broken.

HOLA449

So they insist.

I hear most people in prison say the same thing.

No court has yet decided whether their insistence that sales "occur" in Ireland is true or a big pile of BS.

Admittedly no government prosecutor has asked a court to make a decision but that doesn't mean that the law hasn't been broken.

Imprisoned people have faced a court of law and been found guilty of a crime.

Google have been told they are acting immorally. There is a bit of difference there.

Again, if the laws are that opaque as to make it debatable as to whether they have paid the correct amount of tax, then change the laws, don't make arbitrary decisions about the 'right' amount of tax to pay, and pursue a vendetta against evil capitalist companies of your choosing (cough http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/businesslatestnews/9668396/Margaret-Hodges-family-company-pays-just-0.01pc-tax-on-2.1bn-of-business-generated-in-the-UK.html cough)

HOLA4410

Id boycott google if their search engine wasnt so good

searched some error codes on a newbuild machine this morning..defaulting to BING....page after page of adverts, not anything useful and god was IE slow....loaded firefox, and googled the same things, got straight to relevant support pages.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Who actually clicks on google ads anyway? I've never clicked one in my life, except by accident. If I'm after something, then I'll search for it myself - using google naturally.

+1

Search engines are going to be the death of advertising.

HOLA4413

+1

Search engines are going to be the death of advertising.

Same here. I've never once clicked on a google ad in the last 16 odd years that google has been around.

Google ads are a complete waste of money in my opinion.

HOLA4414

Same here. I've never once clicked on a google ad in the last 16 odd years that google has been around.

Google ads are a complete waste of money in my opinion.

Your logic doesn't follow.

No money was wasted. The advertisers paid nothing for your 16 years of non clicks.

They only paid when people did click. And they did in their millions.

HOLA4415

The audience here is too small to get your message across. You tried an ad on Google?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I am going to google things I don't usually google for to help change my profile and try to confuse them into thinking I am someone who I am not. ;)

That could be fun.

Why not include at least one of the many delightful phrases in the 'Out Of Date Language' thread in every search you do - that should confuse them.

Just remember to use Blobalob's suggestion of 'Now then, now then, 'ow's about that then' with discretion... :)

XYY

HOLA4418

That could be fun.

Why not include at least one of the many delightful phrases in the 'Out Of Date Language' thread in every search you do - that should confuse them.

Just remember to use Blobalob's suggestion of 'Now then, now then, 'ow's about that then' with discretion... :)

XYY

:D will try that.....wonder what ads will get. ;)

HOLA4419
Guest eight

:D will try that.....wonder what ads will get. ;)

I keep getting ads for deal extreme, guess my searching must have been fairly harmless.

HOLA4420

Archived