HOLA441
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

From what i just saw on tv - they were mainly spotty 18 year old students.

It was apparently an organised student protest.

This sort of rent a mob would 'protest' if their fish supper wasn't quite crispy enough.

HOLA445

The average Scottish geezer would not even recognise him. I smell a plot.

^

Most Scots i know have had enough of the EU too.

I know many who despise Alex Salmond - i know zero who have any sort of strong feeling for or against Farage.

Can't remember the last mob i saw surrounding Salmond after a photo shoot and shouting 'scum' at him.

Even though many would think that in their heads.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

What's Farage's policy on the creditors of RBS and HBOS?

Infinite subsidies, I guess.

He;s an ex City guy who runs an anti - EU party, whilst sitting in the EU parliament and drawing a generous EU salary, expenses and no doubt eventually a pension.

Should answer your question.

A parties policies are just the marketing hook or USP to get elected. An "invitation to treat." Not a realistic statement of intent.

Edited by Secure Tenant

HOLA449

He;s an ex City guy who runs an anti - EU party, whilst sitting in the EU parliament and drawing a generous EU salary, expenses and no doubt eventually a pension.

Should answer your question.

A parties policies are just the marketing hook or USP to get elected. An "invitation to treat." Not a realistic statement of intent.

In other words, he's deeply conflicted. On the other hand, perhaps UKIP is a genuine grass-roots political movement making tentative steps away from the single-issue cause which first defined it, better to reflect the plurality of opinion it now attracts?

HOLA4410

Well, there are crazies any place. I went to a UKIP presentation a year or so ago, and there was about half a dozen 'hecklers' there (in a room of 400 or so) When farage asked them how he was racist, they just promptly left the room unable to actually provide a rationale.

They have no argument, they simply want to stigmatize supporting UKIP in the same way they have stigmatized voting BNP, NF etc. They would do the same for the tories if there was no UKIP.

Edinburgh, out in the open, getting a word in edgeways would be impossible for farage, what can you do?

Its a stupid legal framework surrounding race laws and so called hate crime. It can be as damaging to someone reputation as being accused of racism, but unlike rape, you need little or no proof, and there is no recourse for the individual being slandered.

They should either get rid of daft hate crimes, or else must treat false reports as harshly as they do the actual 'crime'

Edited by Executive Sadman

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

In other words, he's deeply conflicted. On the other hand, perhaps UKIP is a genuine grass-roots political movement making tentative steps away from the single-issue cause which first defined it, better to reflect the plurality of opinion it now attracts?

You tell me, then we'll both know.

What's the prospect of the grass-roots challenging the narrative of "property is my pension"?

I voted UKIP last time because I'm in deep Tory territory. My candidate had no clue. Never again.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

If you want real scum, take a look at the Labour front bench.

They at least have the grace not to boast about how expensive they are as they try to strip of us our rights & democracy.

Though I suppose you could give him points for honesty, as he laughed in peoples' faces about how much he costs the taxpayer as he works to screw us, then got people to vote for him.

HOLA4415

If you want real scum, take a look at the Labour front bench.

nah, slaughtering thousands of brown people in illegal wars is completely permissible. Dare mention more immigration occured in the last 15 years than the previous 1500 is a big no no.

Reminds me of that poll a few years back of a dozen or so policies. They were actually BNP policies (things like paying for the repatriation of immigrants) When they were identified as labour policies something like 9 out of 10 supported them, when they knew they were BNP, that fell to 1 in 10!

Just shows policies dont really matter, its perception. Dispute all the crap labour have done since 1997, enough people still seem to believe they arent evil.

HOLA4416

They at least have the grace not to boast about how expensive they are as they try to strip of us our rights & democracy.

Though I suppose you could give him points for honesty, as he laughed in peoples' faces about how much he costs the taxpayer as he works to screw us, then got people to vote for him.

He wasnt laughing, he was deliberatly trying to get people to be enraged.

HOLA4417

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-22559526

During the protest, Max Crema, 21, Vice President of services at Edinburgh University Students Association, suggested UKIP has "a well documented history of racism".

Maybe its just me, but these ernest student stasi types just make me feel highly motivated to vote for whoever it is they're denouncing this week. :angry:

HOLA4418

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-22559526

During the protest, Max Crema, 21, Vice President of services at Edinburgh University Students Association, suggested UKIP has "a well documented history of racism".

Maybe its just me, but these ernest student stasi types just make me feel highly motivated to vote for whoever it is they're denouncing this week. :angry:

Whereas labour has Diane Abbott...

HOLA4419

nah, slaughtering thousands of brown people in illegal wars is completely permissible. Dare mention more immigration occured in the last 15 years than the previous 1500 is a big no no.

Reminds me of that poll a few years back of a dozen or so policies. They were actually BNP policies (things like paying for the repatriation of immigrants) When they were identified as labour policies something like 9 out of 10 supported them, when they knew they were BNP, that fell to 1 in 10!

Just shows policies dont really matter, its perception. Dispute all the crap labour have done since 1997, enough people still seem to believe they arent evil.

Like I said on the UKIP thread, funny enough, regarding the BBC and the SNP, most people are mostly concerned with 'looking good' and being 'normal'. The media define what 'good' and 'normal' is, and the establishment run the media.

HOLA4420
Guest TheBlueCat

No, they have absolutely no grace at all. If they had an iota of decency between them they'd had collectively resigned and gone to mops floors for a charity in the East End in penance for destroying the economy and killing 100K+ Iraqis who were a danger to no-one other than themselves.

HOLA4421

Like I said on the UKIP thread, funny enough, regarding the BBC and the SNP, most people are mostly concerned with 'looking good' and being 'normal'. The media define what 'good' and 'normal' is, and the establishment run the media.

thankfully, with the telly becoming less and less viewed, and all parties below 30% of the vote, that might change.

However, the establishment will first violently swipe out, trying to control the internet and introduce taxes on its usage.

Politics in scotland is especially weird however. You have the libdems,greens,SNP and labour all trying to out totalitarian each other. Where it ends who knows..

HOLA4422

Can we also point out it is long standing UKIP policy that the expenses they get from Europe go towards funding the party.

It seems perfectly equitable that this is the case.

Whereas other MPs for other parties spend there funds on themselves.

HOLA4423

In the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2325679/Nigel-Farage-bundled-police-van-barricaded-inside-pub-going-promote-Scottish-election-candidate.html

But 15 minutes later, the anti-racism activists started chanting again and – with no apparent sense of irony - shouted at Mr Farage to ‘go home’.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4424

In the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2325679/Nigel-Farage-bundled-police-van-barricaded-inside-pub-going-promote-Scottish-election-candidate.html

But 15 minutes later, the anti-racism activists started chanting again and – with no apparent sense of irony - shouted at Mr Farage to ‘go home’.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They like immigration. Just not the immigration of conservatives. The cognitive dissonance appears when you consider Islam is conservative. Kinda really crazy ultra-conservative. Too late they will find out.

HOLA4425

More from the Daily Mail:

The woman in the wheelchair, who gave her name as Rachel, said: 'He is a racist b******. His views on immigration are just wrong'...

But Mr Farage admitted the 'immigration argument' was not as potent in Scotland because there has not been the same influx of foreigners north of the Border as in the south of England.

And right there is as good a reason as any for a Czech - Slovak style amicable divorce.