House Price Crash Forum

Jonathan Davies On Bbc London

HOLA441

Anyone else see this? Just caught the end where he said his alternative proposal would be to let prices fall, to which the female presenter retorted 'hmm interesting' as if it such an outlandish policy.

Well done to him for making primetime tv.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

He used to post on here as "financial planner". If I remember right he threw all his toys out the pram over something. TBH I think he comes across like he's got an axe to grind. Maybe because he failed to predict the biggest and most popular asset bubble in living memory. Dunno, just guessing really.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

He used to post on here as "financial planner". If I remember right he threw all his toys out the pram over something. TBH I think he comes across like he's got an axe to grind. Maybe because he failed to predict the biggest and most popular asset bubble in living memory. Dunno, just guessing really.

He still does post from time to time under another username. Read a few more posts and you might figure it out.....;)

There was am estate agent on the BBC NW News saying that the new budget proposals were cack and would create another bubble. He went on to say values should be allowed to fall to bring them back into affordability for younger people.

HOLA448
HOLA449

He doesn't do his cause much justice though.

Just comes across as a bit comical as he roars and shouts down any one who disagrees with him.

His track record isnt strong: Sold in 2003 at what he thought was the peak, and has predicted 10% price falls in both 2011 and 2012.

I worry for the guy's ticker sometimes, he comes across as completely outraged.

Good theatrical stuff though

HOLA4410

Saw it... He was going on about how prices will fall... and then argued about it

Think he's missing the point. The point is prices should fall. As that's the way to affordable housing as opposed to "affordable housing "

The government is about policies, and trying to achieve objectives. The policy of the government should be about ensuring the supply of decent housing. Not propping up the demand for them with subsidies

HOLA4411

There was nowt wrong with his financial planning ability - clearly by 2003 it had exceeded the previous peak - what he failed to see (as did we all) is that the governments would inflict this much damage to keep the bubble inflated.

Financial planner wrong - Sibley right! How much worse could it be?

I think it was early 2007 before this forum worked the financial mechanism behind the boom, MBS, CDO, etc...

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

The guy has put public what most of us have been thinking for years - and more.

And he has put his face and reputation on the line.

Fair enough he may have got a few things wrong - but on the whole he has been spot on with the general jist of it and has had the balls to say it on tv within the knowledge he may get it wrong and be subject to abuse.

Imo we need more people like him - whether you like him or not.

And no i am not him or have ever met him !

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Fair enough he may have got a few things wrong - but on the whole he has been spot on with the general jist of it and has had the balls to say it on tv within the knowledge he may get it wrong and be subject to abuse.

I so agree.

Good on him to have the guts to go against the flow of all those VI's and get in front of those cameras and give out the HPC message.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Its interesting why the broadcasters have him on, especially as he goes against the flow, and not spout the usual message...

People criticise the delivery but without it he wouldn't get invited in my opinion. Its not enough to be right or have a contrasting opinion, tv news is entertainment, they want a character. The more he rants the more bookings he gets.

HOLA4420

+1

HOLA4421

Its interesting why the broadcasters have him on, especially as he goes against the flow, and not spout the usual message...

I get the feeling that at last - he is maybe not going against the flow anymore at all.

HOLA4422

His views are a bit too much, but not for R4 the past six months or so.

JD started the best thread on this forum - "if anyone's interested" - but he gets flipped off whenever he posts there.

HOLA4423

He doesn't do his cause much justice though.

Just comes across as a bit comical as he roars and shouts down any one who disagrees with him.

His track record isnt strong: Sold in 2003 at what he thought was the peak, and has predicted 10% price falls in both 2011 and 2012.

I worry for the guy's ticker sometimes, he comes across as completely outraged.

Good theatrical stuff though

He was much more measured and less ranty than usual on the Jeremy Vine Show on R2 today, about 12:10 pm. I think he did well in what was only a 10 minute discussion.

HOLA4424

+1

HOLA4425