House Price Crash Forum

The Two-Tier Road Tax: Poorer Drivers Could Be Forced Off Motorways As Government Proposes Charge For Access To Major Routes

HOLA441

They will look at anything rather than cut spending.Injin seems to of been right all along.They are moving down the line to where the state takes everything from you with violence.Drive on this road you have already paid for and we will turn up at your house with violence to take your money.

It really is getting to a dangerous stage when this sort of thing gets floated.Mind you it could prove more dangerous for the idiots dreaming this up.Will people crack at some point?Very possible .

Why do you think they took all the guns and knives away? Why do you think we have the most extensive network of surveillance cameras installed?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Won't happen, can't happen, roads are already paid for, you cannot charge the taxpayer twice.

The government can do what they like. Tony Blair and Gordon Brown proved that. You might think they couldn't deliberately change the cultural make-up of Britain, deluge the country with immigrants, tax pensions, steal via expense fraud or take Britain into an illegal war. They all happened. More riots to come. Wait and see.....or leave.

HOLA443

When I lived in Britain my only long trips were for work. It's just a way to tax entrepreneurs. Britain is all about ruining people. At least you don't need to travel to see foreigners; all and sundry are deluging the place. Britain's roads are at capacity because of mass immigration. You couldn't make it up. It's so sad. You are mad to stay. Pay your toll on the way to Heathrow and get the hell out.

I don't believe 'Immigration' is the problem.

Imagine if our economy was the best in the world? Would we be angry at immigrants ?

But because we have a Depression on the way, it's easy to point the finger and play the blame game.

But I agree if you can get out of this country do it.

HOLA444

Definitely a vote winner this one. Just what we need is another expense placed on the motorist. What with the high cost of petrol, parking charges road tax. No doubt it will ruin what is left of the economy. I don't know why I don't just go up to number 10 and hand them over my wallet. I agree that ht Tories are not a party of taxation. We just give it to their grabbing mates.

HOLA445

Definitely a vote winner this one. Just what we need is another expense placed on the motorist. What with the high cost of petrol, parking charges road tax. No doubt it will ruin what is left of the economy. I don't know why I don't just go up to number 10 and hand them over my wallet. I agree that ht Tories are not a party of taxation. We just give it to their grabbing mates.

Why don't you buy an Electric Car ? the Toll roads are free if you have an electric car? :)

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Imagine if our economy was the best in the world? Would we be angry at immigrants ?

But because we have a Depression on the way, it's easy to point the finger and play the blame game.

The immigrants are not the problem; the government is. There are over a million 18-24 year olds without work because of immigration. The immigration has changed the fabric of society in just a decade.The people have to live somewhere. It's one of the reasons house prices are so high. This all happened outside of a recession/depression. Immigration policy stinks. I had to fight tooth and nail to get into America. That's the way it should be. Immigration has been at the deliberate detriment of Britons. This motorway tax is just another sure sign the country is not worth fighting for. You cannot afford to buy a house. Food is expensive. Petrol is just theft. If you cannot even drive a few hundred miles without paying another tax then it's game over.

I cannot understand how people in Britain actually make ends meet as it is.

Immigration is an enormous problem and so is outsourcing. The British government don't have a clue. Since 1997 the country has been slowly destroyed. People will keep moaning but they will take it until the next riots start; then they will probably join in. There is no trust left in the country.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Crap range, hours to recharge, lack of charging points, very expensive to replace batteries if they fail in about 5 years time.

The batteries appear to be lasting better than people predicted, on the Prius the guarantee was 8 years/100K, but apparently they are doing okay. Of course they are hybrids not full electric and have been through 3 different types now, so time will tell.

"With more than 100,000 Honda hybrids on the road, the automaker told Newsweek that fewer than 200 had a battery fail after the warranty expired. That’s a 0.002 likelihood. Toyota says its out-of-warranty battery replacement rate is 0.003 percent—or one out of 40,000 Priuses—for the second generation Prius. "

HOLA4411

Allowing immigration whilst there is home unempoyment is what leads to the problems.

If there were really no people capable of doing the work on offer then it might be different.

Every immigrant costs us a UK person on benefit, hb, etc

They're not the only thing to blame.

Tax credits which killed overtime and ushered in an era of part time work have also left the country floundering like a goldfish in the cats mouth.

HOLA4412

If you voted for these any of the main party scumbags hang your head

Psst. They're all the same.

Won't happen, can't happen, roads are already paid for, you cannot charge the taxpayer twice.

You mean like paying tax on items out of gross income which has already been taxed?

HOLA4413

Saw the headline briefly on the news....this a mad idea in so many ways.....this is a backwards move a push towards a greater division between the haves and have nots.....what other mad ideas will they come up with? I dread to think, nothing would surprise me....nuts. ;)

HOLA4414

They will look at anything rather than cut spending.Injin seems to of been right all along.They are moving down the line to where the state takes everything from you with violence.Drive on this road you have already paid for and we will turn up at your house with violence to take your money.

It really is getting to a dangerous stage when this sort of thing gets floated.Mind you it could prove more dangerous for the idiots dreaming this up.Will people crack at some point?Very possible .

Desperation is filtering through......they will not give away anything that they have accumulated, they will just take more away from those that have little strength to fight the system that only the few can survive within because of the protection they have acquired, having an appetite that has to be paid for by others..... ;)

HOLA4415

Anyone who has ever voted in the UK over the last few generation has 'voted for these scumbags' as they are all the same party with different colour flags.

Agree.

Tory rentier classes (Includes Blairites)

Queen and her robber barons aka Bullingdon Boys intent on farming the plebs.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

:lol:

Im sure many of us weren't too happy about mass unchecked immigration long before the problems with the economy became apparent. ..

I think most just question the economic wisdom of importing millions of people into this country, a country with a frankly scary trade deficit, when we cant even feed 2/3rds of our current population with domestic produce. Same goes for fuel and every other necessity. Every extra immigrant means a worsening of that trade balance. They sure as hell arent toiling away in factories exporting things.

HOLA4418

The batteries appear to be lasting better than people predicted, on the Prius the guarantee was 8 years/100K, but apparently they are doing okay. Of course they are hybrids not full electric and have been through 3 different types now, so time will tell.

"With more than 100,000 Honda hybrids on the road, the automaker told Newsweek that fewer than 200 had a battery fail after the warranty expired. That’s a 0.002 likelihood. Toyota says its out-of-warranty battery replacement rate is 0.003 percent—or one out of 40,000 Priuses—for the second generation Prius. "

Battery manufacturers say the batteries last 10 years but in reality they last 50% this, you are lucky to get 8 years from them. I know because I'm a UPS Battery engineer. The manufacturers probably tested them in a stable environment (ie temperature stable) to get 10 years out of them and used that as a benchmark. The cars spend most of their life outside, they like the cold but performance of the batteries suffer. Batteries hate the heat for every degree above 20c it will shorten the life of them by 10%. 20c degrees is the optimum temperature. Plus batteries being completely discharged doesn't help or a fast charge can shorten the life of them.

I have worked on site where you get hundreds of batteries for UPS systems sometimes you go in a room and find the room reaches 26c degrees and the batteries would need to be replaced after 4 years at the cost of 10s of thousands of £.

HOLA4419

What's the alternative? A party which will take us out of Europe so we can halt the economic immigration?

Clearly this is UKIP's position and they are gaining in the polls which IMHO is the only reason the mainstream parties are hinting about holding a referendum!!

Anyway lets say there is a referendum and the answer is no then what do we start repatriating those who came here simply for economic reasons?

That way leads war.........

The damage is done there is no coming back. The plates may still be spinning but one by one they are coming off......

HOLA4420

What's the alternative? A party which will take us out of Europe so we can halt the economic immigration?

Clearly this is UKIP's position and they are gaining in the polls which IMHO is the only reason the mainstream parties are hinting about holding a referendum!!

Anyway lets say there is a referendum and the answer is no then what do we start repatriating those who came here simply for economic reasons?

That way leads war.........

The damage is done there is no coming back. The plates may still be spinning but one by one they are coming off......

There is no point blaming the people that now live here, they came here thinking that they could improve their lives, they were encouraged by TPTB to do so......don't shoot the messenger. ;)

HOLA4421

There is no point blaming the people that now live here, they came here thinking that they could improve their lives, they were encouraged by TPTB to do so......don't shoot the messenger. ;)

Not me mate I simply point out the pitfalls......

The people who should be in the dock are those who have served as ministers who signed away the nations future with the various Euro treaties.

HOLA4422

:lol:

Im sure many of us weren't too happy about mass unchecked immigration long before the problems with the economy became apparent. ..

I think most just question the economic wisdom of importing millions of people into this country, a country with a frankly scary trade deficit, when we cant even feed 2/3rds of our current population with domestic produce. Same goes for fuel and every other necessity. Every extra immigrant means a worsening of that trade balance. They sure as hell arent toiling away in factories exporting things.

1 extra immigrant = 1 Labour voter

HOLA4423

In an attempt to look at it objectively:

In support: A lot of the motorway traffic outside of rush-hour is company reps and trucks. The companies dodging corporate taxes would get stung, also foreign trucks running on cheaper imported fuel would be stung as equally as the home grown logistics companies.

The problem with the petrol cost argument is it increases the arbitrage between foreign fuel and local fuel giving foreign logistics companies a further upper hand.

Either way this policy would be incredibly unpopular with the wider public for obvious reasons. I would be in favour of higher fuel taxes and scrapping road tax, but then placing a levy on foreign trucks effectively taxing them on the fuel they are importing (set amount per tonne).

That way corporations pay more, domestic logistic companies don't operate at a disadvantage, scrapping road tax would be popular with voters, high users pay more than low users and you would save money on all those vans trying to catch people driving without road tax.

The caveat is this assumes increasing tax on motorists is a good thing. Either way, I think a variation of the tax on fuel motif would be the simplest solution.

HOLA4424

In an attempt to look at it objectively:

In support: A lot of the motorway traffic outside of rush-hour is company reps and trucks. The companies dodging corporate taxes would get stung, also foreign trucks running on cheaper imported fuel would be stung as equally as the home grown logistics companies.

The problem with the petrol cost argument is it increases the arbitrage between foreign fuel and local fuel giving foreign logistics companies a further upper hand.

Either way this policy would be incredibly unpopular with the wider public for obvious reasons. I would be in favour of higher fuel taxes and scrapping road tax, but then placing a levy on foreign trucks effectively taxing them on the fuel they are importing (set amount per tonne).

That way corporations pay more, domestic logistic companies don't operate at a disadvantage, scrapping road tax would be popular with voters, high users pay more than low users and you would save money on all those vans trying to catch people driving without road tax.

The caveat is this assumes increasing tax on motorists is a good thing. Either way, I think a variation of the tax on fuel motif would be the simplest solution.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9545247/Ministers-announce-new-road-tax-on-foreign-lorries.html

Before they even think of taxing the motorist further they will have to get our alternative transport systems fit for purpose........owning, keeping and driving a car is a luxury that many already are priced out of....and in some areas of the country the public transport is non existent. ;)

HOLA4425

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9545247/Ministers-announce-new-road-tax-on-foreign-lorries.html

Before they even think of taxing the motorist further they will have to get our alternative transport systems fit for purpose........owning, keeping and driving a car is a luxury that many already are priced out of....and in some areas of the country the public transport is non existent. ;)

Thanks Winkie.. I missed that story.

That combined with replacing VED with fuel duty seems like a no-brainer to me.