• Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I saw a judge (sorry don't recall the name now) who was somewhat critical of the law as it currently stands. He suggested that catching and ripping foxes apart whilst live by "accident" whilst out on horseback accompanied by a pack of hounds was no accident. He wasn't sure quite how this had come into law. However,the people involved will one way or another continue to hunt foxes come what may. They actually enjoy it - so I agree there is a psychopathology. To argue they are doing their own thing is not valid. Their behaviour causes distress to others - not least the fox. The hounds are shot as soon as they can no longer keep up and many of the so called supporters are scared to speak out against the activity. I would personally like to see a more direct and appropriate form of action taken against those involved,

HOLA448

I saw a judge (sorry don't recall the name now) who was somewhat critical of the law as it currently stands. He suggested that catching and ripping foxes apart whilst live by "accident" whilst out on horseback accompanied by a pack of hounds was no accident. He wasn't sure quite how this had come into law. However,the people involved will one way or another continue to hunt foxes come what may. They actually enjoy it - so I agree there is a psychopathology. To argue they are doing their own thing is not valid. Their behaviour causes distress to others - not least the fox. The hounds are shot as soon as they can no longer keep up and many of the so called supporters are scared to speak out against the activity. I would personally like to see a more direct and appropriate form of action taken against those involved,

People telling other people what they can and can't do and how to live their lives causes much distress to others. I would like to see a more direct and appropriate form of action taken against them.

HOLA449

It's probably quite cruel. But it's been going on for centuries. It pisses me off a bit but nowhere near as much as the new breed of people who think that they can decide what people can and can't do, depending on what's been written in the guardian that day.

What would a Foxhound do if it can't hunt foxes?

hunt T Rex

HOLA4410

Whilst it may not be very pleasant - either is a fox hunting down and ripping a mouse to shreds. Then again that is for food - but hunting foxes is apparently done for a real reason too - not black and white imo

HOLA4411

It's probably quite cruel. But it's been going on for centuries. It pisses me off a bit but nowhere near as much as the new breed of people who think that they can decide what people can and can't do, depending on what's been written in the guardian that day.

What would a Foxhound do if it can't hunt foxes?

They are not kept as pets - As I said when they can no longer keep up - they get a bullet in the head.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

To see the consequences of allowing the elite to run amok out of the public's sight one need only refer to the Telegraph's Financial Crisis section.

I see the Telegraph has also reported ministers as being sympathetic to repealing regulations that restrain the elite from running riot, calling them "unenforceable". Where have we heard that before?

I wonder how many of these fox-hunters are registered non-dom for tax purposes?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

[quote name=Oh Well :(' timestamp='1325004477' post='3217205]

The local hunt round hear is mainly rather poor people. It is a tradition in the country to hunt.

Same in Ireland. People follow the hunt on foot as well.

England is so divided. Half the country is communist (including alot of "capitalists"), the other half traditional conservative. Half animal welfare sentimentalists, the other half see animals as just animals.

HOLA4419

Most people who object to hunting gain their opinions from the partial perspective they are given by the press. Most have no idea about hunting, its process or of the many roles the hunt fulfills.

I have every respect for those who have followed a hunt, understand how it benefits foxes as a species in the countryside now that they don't have other natural predators, how it is better than indiscriminate shooting of foxes, how only one of the people on horseback (the huntsman) is actually hunting the fox, and then still abhor the process. I would still hold my opinion and disagree with them though.

While there are some wealthy 'show hunts' most hunts run on a shoestring followed by people earning a minimum wage.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

My sister used to hunt. Went maybe a dozen times and not once did they catch a fox. To many it's a good excuse to ride a horse across open countryside following a pack of dogs, an exhilarating experience. The kill is a sideshow.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

My sister used to hunt. Went maybe a dozen times and not once did they catch a fox. To many it's a good excuse to ride a horse across open countryside following a pack of dogs, an exhilarating experience. The kill is a sideshow.

Very rarely does anyone see a kill, not necessarily because a 'kill' is rare though but because it is all over and done with, and the fox eaten in a few seconds. To see a kill you normally have to be right there at the front when it happens and usually most riders are a field or so away kept out of the way by the field master. It is a cardinal sin for the riders to alter the behavior of the fox and influence the chances of a kill.

While I have hunted weekly for 25+ years and am normally at the front, and while I have seen more kills than most, I have not seen very many. Often the first you know of a kill is the huntsman's call on his horn.

HOLA4424

Very rarely does anyone see a kill, not necessarily because a 'kill' is rare though but because it is all over and done with, and the fox eaten in a few seconds. To see a kill you normally have to be right there at the front when it happens and usually most riders are a field or so away kept out of the way by the field master. It is a cardinal sin for the riders to alter the behavior of the fox and influence the chances of a kill.

While I have hunted weekly for 25+ years and am normally at the front, and while I have seen more kills than most, I have not seen very many. Often the first you know of a kill is the huntsman's call on his horn.

is it like Doom?

HOLA4425

Archived