House Price Crash Forum

Does Sir Terry Wogan Still Get Paid For Doing Children In Need?

inflating

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I'd pay for him to stop!

+1

What %age of my £ will go to Children?

Anyone know?

Apparently "every penny". I assume salaries including any appearance fees are paid by out of the BBC Tax (Licence Fee)

However, if I were a multi-millionaire receiving an appearance fee for being on CIN, I would donate it to CIN. In fact I'd donate it even if I were an entertainer on an average income

HOLA447

+1

Apparently "every penny". I assume salaries including any appearance fees are paid by out of the BBC Tax (Licence Fee)

However, if I were a multi-millionaire receiving an appearance fee for being on CIN, I would donate it to CIN. In fact I'd donate it even if I were an entertainer on an average income

I would like to think that 'Sir' Terry was man enough to work for either no fee or if the BBC insist on paying that he donates the full amount.

For man in his position to accept a fee for a charitable appearance would be very dissapointing. (same with most of the 'celebrities' though I am sure some should maybe get expenses so they are not out of pocket).

HOLA448

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/fundraising/faq.shtml#29

Did Terry Wogan receive a fee for presenting the BBC Children in Need Appeal?

BBC Children in Need, the charity, has never paid a fee to Terry Wogan. In the past, his presenting fee for the Appeal Show has come out of the BBC's programming budget, and not charity funds, because it was a TV production cost. However, Terry has said that he never sought a fee for presenting BBC Children in Need and he made sure that he did not get one in 2007.

Since the first telethon in 1980 Sir Terry has been very involved with BBC Children in Need behind the scenes - both as a high-profile ambassador and more recently as a Trustee. He makes regular, unpaid, appearances on behalf of the charity and, as a member of the board of Trustees, he is also directly involved in setting our strategy and in allocating funds to projects that aim to change children's lives. We are very grateful for his unfailing commitment and popularity which play a vital role in our fundraising efforts.

This is what the website has to say.

HOLA449

I got paid for children in need .. the "Deal" is that the BBC pays for the production cost for the whole shebang, all the technicians .. studios etc .. and all the money goes directly to charities .. In fact in this case Charity work is better paid than many commercial jobs. Comic relief is different .. as I understand it the live crew are paid standard rates by the BBC but the crew for the filmed inserts are usually asked to do a pretty serious deal .. The last time I did CR my daily rate was £386 and I was asked to do the job for £100 (which I did for various reasons, none of them charitable) ..

Children in Need just paid my fee ..

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

In the past, his presenting fee for the Appeal Show has come out of the BBC's programming budget, and not charity funds, because it was a TV production cost. However, Terry has said that he never sought a fee for presenting BBC Children in Need and he made sure that he did not get one in 2007.

Is this saying he was paid in the past, from whatever purse, but after the Daily Mail highlighted fees in 2007 he handed it back and has not charged a fee since? I sincerely hope that if he gets a fee he donates it to CIN - £8K would make quite a difference

Locally to me, large and small shops took part. An indepedent toy shop sold cakes outside on tables (am surprised H&S didn't shut them down, the way red tape is these days) and a usually rough pub did a talent night in aid of CIN. Asda raised about £11K, but the others of course much less.

I do really hope "every penny" does go where it should

HOLA4412

AFAIK it is every penny donated but NOT every penny earned in interest while it sits on deposit; the BBC keep that.

Terry Wogan is a superb presenter, he even stormed an episode of Buzzcoocks where I expected him to be slightly out of place. It will be a great shame when he retires; I don't bother with Eurovision now, for me it was only ever the Terry Wogan jokefest.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I'd pay for him to stop!

By the look of his complexion they must be paying him in Irish whiskey - he looks like a drunk and sounds like one when he does Eurovision

His broken blood vessels show me that he is too drunk to be around kids and has a serious drinking problem - thats ok though because that legal drug called alcohol is much safer than cannabis according to our ignorant government

Archived