Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

no. greece will default it is mathematically impossible for them not to. we are so wholly exposed to that we will not be able to fend off a depression larger than the 1930s. it cannot be saved. there is no point in debate or protest. the rich will simply flee. the middle class will discover what HARD TIMES are and the working class will feel hunger again.

we are leaderless and without direction.

the end is here.

at least for the duration of mostly all our lives of the posters of here, at this age.

you will never feel the quality of life again. make the most of the 2 months you have.

HOLA449

you (i mean the stupid public) will only see the first signs of this great depression when they see the first initial KFC drive throughs become boarded up. that will be the signal thats the easiest to see in all this fug and smoke.

look for it. look for the boards and the decaying sign of the colonels enthusiastic 1950s face. his eye smashed by thrown rocks for pleasure and the interior destroyed by rough sleepers and thieves. the fire burned buildings around the fringes of industrial sites to costly to clean up aside from looters of raw scrap. the graffiti and the thrill of a emergency vehicle mechanically unable to respond to a serious incident.

even two fairly highly ranked police officers i know are leaving. they are simply leaving.

Edited by right_freds_dead

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

it cannot be saved. there is no point in debate or protest. the rich will simply flee.

Where will they go after the West is destroyed? By that point they'll either get killed by mobs and death squads or make a vain attempt to hide abroad with a bounty on their heads.

HOLA4412

Where will they go after the West is destroyed? By that point they'll either get killed by mobs and death squads or make a vain attempt to hide abroad with a bounty on their heads.

they have simply gone home to the midlands from london. to their families. half way through their careers.

the beat wont go on this time.

we are by far different people than we were in the 1930s.

and so is faith in political solutions.

we failed as humans.

HOLA4413

I actually kind of agree with fred on this one.

I don't think there's any way "out" that doesn't involve a lot of pain.

We can keep trying to kick the can down the road but very soon we'll see

SuperStock_1598R-54863.jpg

HOLA4414

KFCs.

Sadly it's already started. Colonel's meals - 2, 3 or 4 pieces or whatever - no more.

Now it's got a daft name "original recipe". Yeah right, we believe you, pull the other one.

They'll sell you a Brazer Twister Meal - what's that, whoever heard of such stuff, what's that all about, why not just call it give us your money, take your chicken pieces and naff off. Meaningless. Decay all around.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

we failed as humans.

I can agree that the post-WWII economy as we known has declined drastically in the 2000s and will never recover but come on your sounding extremely pessimistic and we've been in worse messes before that even then were overblown. If things get really bad we'll more likely get a military junta or a extremist political movement.

Edited by Big Orange

HOLA4417

they have simply gone home to the midlands from london. to their families. half way through their careers.

the beat wont go on this time.

we failed as humans.

Agreed, I know quite a few people dropping out of productive work or staying at home with their parents because the numbers no longer add up.

The guts have been ripped out of the country and everything the coalition says and does only makes things worse.

HOLA4418

Sadly it's already started. Colonel's meals - 2, 3 or 4 pieces or whatever - no more.

Now it's got a daft name "original recipe".

They'll sell you a Brazer Twister Meal - what's that, what's that all about. Meaningless. Decay all around.

your educated thats why you can spot the signs slightly earlier. you have read and understood the truth on this forum. however, the public havent yet cottoned onto to hidden inflation. sure they are shocked by 15% gas rises, but they still even watch the news and read the newspapers with innocence. they will never be told anything other than tomorrow is just around the corner. for them it has to be something so low as a closed down KFC to become 'not quite right'.

they will feel it much more than their children. children are resilient. they will grow up knowing only this, and so wont feel any loss. we wont end up in some unlivable mad max scenario, though there will be plenty of no go areas. life as we partly know it, and life as the over 55s wholly know it, will simply cease to exist.

after the initial crimewave and the building of cheap prisons and new laws, we will eventually resign ourselves to the future. in time we will forget dreams and perhaps live for the company of others, rather than the money of others.

within the last 60 years we have lost god, politics, human charity and worst of all, our memory.

Edited by right_freds_dead

HOLA4419

Agreed, I know quite a few people dropping out of productive work or staying at home with their parents because the numbers no longer add up.

The guts have been ripped out of the country and everything the coalition says and does only makes things worse.

yes. these are just the first waves of the knowing. most people will act as my previous post. this is what our fellow country men have become. i wish there were some advantage of our knowledge base, but thats quite depressing when you realise that yes, we were right, but we will pay just as harshly. housing doesnt even come into it. food and security will be so 2010s.

having watched the rounds of political conference.

we are finished because nothing has changed.

they had one chance, and they all failed to see it.

even then it was too rough for the public to swallow.

instead we will die of terminal financial corruption, inaction and political acting.

HOLA4420

I can that the post-WWII economy has we known has declined drastically in the 2000s and will never recover but come on your sounding extremely pessimistic and we've been in worse messes before that even then were overblown. If things get really bad we'll more likely get a military junta or a extremist political movement.

thats the problem. we havent had anything so hard as this with such an ill prepared population.

remember. they will be told tomorrow is just around the corner. always. thats all thats left to say.

HOLA4421

within the last 60 years we have lost god, politics, human charity and worst of all, our memory.

On the plus side, infant mortality has fallen from 30 to 7 per 1000, life expectancy has risen from 70 to 80 and no-one's had to fight in a war they didn't want to. And I'm not sure losing God counts as a negative.

HOLA4422

did anyone else see the panelist on one of last weeks newsnights eyes fill with tears as it suddenly struck her there was no way out ?

i dont know who she was, but she had to stop speaking and paxo helped her get herself together. this is serious. britannia will go.

she wasnt an audience member. she was a panelist. a writer i think.

HOLA4423

On the plus side, infant mortality has fallen from 30 to 7 per 1000, life expectancy has risen from 70 to 80 and no-one's had to fight in a war they didn't want to. And I'm not sure losing God counts as a negative.

the infant mortality you are working on is on times now past. even this week we saw a baby dumped in a field.

life expectancy has only risen for the rich in the same way they work out the average wage, which we all know is a sham. up in glasgow its around 56. do you think you will be able to work (although there wont be any) when you old and 70 and in possible pain ?

losing god counts for so much. not in the faith, in the common bonding. it was part of law. an inner law of morals. we lost that a long time ago and following that moral compass, everything else followed.

a church is no more than a setting for a drama that often lasts only 2-3 years for the average gen x.

HOLA4424

the infant mortality you are working on is on times now past. even this week we saw a baby dumped in a field.

life expectancy has only risen for the rich in the same way they work out the average wage, which we all know is a sham. up in glasgow its around 56. do you think you will be able to work (although there wont be any) when you old and 70 and in possible pain ?

losing god counts for so much. not in the faith, in the common bonding. it was part of law. an inner law of morals. we lost that a long time ago and following that moral compass, everything else followed.

a church is no more than a setting for a drama that often lasts only 2-3 years for the average gen x.

Don't be such a bloody drama queen.

Yes, we've got problems, but quoting extreme examples as an argument against averages is just silly. Especially the bit about average life expectancies being like average wages. If that were true, we'd be seeing our first 1000-year-old by now!

And the moral compass stuff is crap too. Give people a reason to be honest, and you don't need an omnipotent peeping tom.

Edited by snowflux

HOLA4425

Don't be such a bloody drama queen.

Yes, we've got problems, but quoting extreme examples as an argument against averages is just silly. Especially the bit about average life expectancies being like average wages. If that were true, we'd be seeing our first 1000-year-old by now!

And the moral compass stuff is crap too. Give people a reason to be honest, and you don't need an omnipotent peeping tom.

to not believe whats coming is actually the position of a drama queen.

the average life expectancy is as skewed as the average wage. its a fact people in glasgow die earlier (much earlier) than those in surrey.

and with no moral compass we are unable to create anything of value.