House Price Crash Forum
right_freds_dead

Its Over

to not believe whats coming is actually the position of a drama queen.

the average life expectancy is as skewed as the average wage. its a fact people in glasgow die earlier (much earlier) than those in surrey.

and with no moral compass we are unable to create anything of value.

It is indeed a fact that people in Glasgow die earlier (much earlier) than those in Surrey. In what way does that detract from the fact that most people live longer than they would have done 60 years ago? Why would that be a bad thing?

Edit: And as for your last statement: I have no "moral compass" of the religious type, but people pay me for my commercial work and appreciate the unpaid work I do. How am I not creating anything of value?

Edited by snowflux

no. greece will default it is mathematically impossible for them not to. we are so wholly exposed to that we will not be able to fend off a depression larger than the 1930s. it cannot be saved. there is no point in debate or protest. the rich will simply flee. the middle class will discover what HARD TIMES are and the working class will feel hunger again.

we are leaderless and without direction.

the end is here.

at least for the duration of mostly all our lives of the posters of here, at this age.

you will never feel the quality of life again. make the most of the 2 months you have.

Two weeks, months or years, one thing is certain, it's one day closer.

I need to top up the stockpile, running low on a couple of things - mostly due to the large increase in the cost of replacing them.

right_freds_dead, you are clearly unhappy with your personal situation or you are too influenced by all the negative propaganda (it' part of the plan of our evil elite). I would suggest a long holiday or a permanent change of country. The world looks completely different elsewhere.

It is indeed a fact that people in Glasgow die earlier (much earlier) than those in Surrey. In what way does that detract from the fact that most people live longer than they would have done 60 years ago? Why would that be a bad thing?

Edit: And as for your last statement: I have no "moral compass" of the religious type, but people pay me for my commercial work and appreciate the unpaid work I do. How am I not creating anything of value?

a. they are only living longer due to the good nations health of the 1950s-2000. the mood of the country was expansive and optimistic. we have now gone into reverse, and this combined with hunger and unaffordable health care will decrease this.

b. you are only creating the value of greed commercially. any volunteer work you are doing is a good thing, but rare and probably often thankless.

Edited by right_freds_dead

a. they are only living longer due to the good nations health of the 1950s-2000. the mood of the country was expansive and optimistic. we have now gone into reverse, and this combined with hunger and unaffordable health care will decrease this.

b. you are only creating the value of greed commercially. any volunteer work you are doing is a good thing, but rare and probably often thankless.

No, the figures I used were from 2009. And I don't know what you mean by "creating the value of greed commercially". Some people/companies find my work worth paying for - what's the problem with that?

how i wish it hadnt gone this way.

None of us (no, not even us goldbugs) are going to have much fun when the crisis hits.

Life will go on in Britain as this democratic era comes to a catastrophic end. Just like life in Eastern Europe went on as communism came to a dead end.

Things are starting to unwind at a quickening pace I must say. Like I think we all know there is going to be mass defaults ont he bonds and pensions. There is a few tricks left in the bag to keep the game going a few more months or maybe a couple years.. but each trick used further boxes them in. Like desperation raising taxes as the Tories did only diminishes the money available in the consumer economy.

Lifespan increased faster from 1900-1950 than it did from 1950-2000, if you allow for the two world wars. The rate of increase of lifespan dropped noticeably around the time the NHS was founded.

C'mon let yourself not get depressed. May you live in interesting times and all that? Caged Tiger?

Look to the horizon, when it all goes to hell, they'll be opportunities for those who take them. Start looking NOW!

Look, after the fall of Communist Russia, could you be the next Roman Abramovich?

Doesn't look very over where I am, can't move for brand new cars, £90 a night hotels jam packed, coffee bars in the high street full of chavs and also sitting outside, no parking anywhere near the restaurants last week in the sunshine because of the volume of visitors. The only clue is a longer than usual queue at Poundland in Chelmsford, but not that much longer than usual.

If it's over, still seems to be plenty around here spending like there's no tomorrow, unless of course that is why they're spending ... ?

I am now overhearing conversations of people who appear to be waking up to what has gone on, they do not grasp the details but I sense they feel some sort of crisis, end game. One conversation was about the end of property speculation in Dubai (how many years ago was that) and another about bank traders destroying Greece (?).

A work colleague saying he would never own property, it wasn't for the likes of him (earns 40k)...

Life will go on in Britain as this democratic era comes to a catastrophic end. Just like life in Eastern Europe went on as communism came to a dead end.

Things are starting to unwind at a quickening pace I must say. Like I think we all know there is going to be mass defaults ont he bonds and pensions. There is a few tricks left in the bag to keep the game going a few more months or maybe a couple years.. but each trick used further boxes them in. Like desperation raising taxes as the Tories did only diminishes the money available in the consumer economy.

A quickening pace? I can't believe how long it's taking for Greece to tell the EU where to go.

I keep reading this forum and getting excited about things happening and supposed justice being brought to some of the banks - re:Dexia yesterday, I though they were going bust and Belgium was collapsing? No. Everything contained. Nothing to see here. Greece? Just a few minor skirmishes between hippy protesters and the police. UK news doesn't even think it's worth reporting. Have to watch RT or EuroNews for this. New York protests? Just a bunch of rich kids with time on their hands. Michaell Jackson doctor trial? That's more like it. Much more important.

I love it when Fred gazes in his bowl of water and comes up with another quatrain. But I am in complete agreement with him as we have have more than just moral panic upon us. The culture has changed and all the rights the unions gained the concessions granted to returning second world war service men and women the sentiment the loss of consensus politics all sold for a pottage.

I listened to David Cameron this morning. he sounded good and made sense, but in reality it's not going to be that way. It's just institutional lying.

Fred, you were wrong about Wellworths mate.

Bang the kettle on, make a strong cuppa and tune in to radio optimistic.

Yes we have years of shit but not end of days as you predict.

Look, after the fall of Communist Russia, could you be the next Roman Abramovich?

And put Sheffield United at the top of the Premiership?

Surely the living would envy the dead?

I love it when Fred gazes in his bowl of water and comes up with another quatrain.

Mmmm.... sounds painful.

its over. there is no horizon.

According to Tainter's Collapse of Complex Societies, societies become more complex as they try to solve problems.

When a society confronts a "problem," such as a shortage of energy, or difficulty in gaining access to it, it tends to create new layers of bureaucracy, infrastructure, or social class to address the challenge.

Tainter, who first identifies seventeen examples of rapid collapse of societies, applies his model to three case studies: The Western Roman Empire, the Maya civilization, and the Chaco culture.

As the Roman Empire grew, the cost of maintaining communications, garrisons, civil government, etc. grew with it.

Eventually, this cost grew so great that any new challenges such as invasions and crop failures could not be solved by the acquisition of more territory.

Intense, authoritarian efforts to maintain cohesion by Domitian and Constantine the Great only led to an ever greater strain on the population.

We often assume that the collapse of the western Roman Empire was a catastrophe for everyone involved.

Tainter points out that it can be seen as a very rational preference of ordinary individuals at the time, many of whom were actually better off.

Average individuals may have benefited because they no longer had to invest in the burdensome complexity of empire.]

In Tainter's view, while invasions, crop failures, disease or environmental degradation may be the apparent causes of societal collapse, the ultimate cause is an economic one, inherent in the structure of society rather than in external shocks which may batter them:

Finally, Tainter musters modern statistics to show that the globalised modern world is subject to many of the same stresses that brought older societies to ruin.

History repeats itself, as Human Nature does not change.

Edited by Milton

Yes Right Fred Dead, the defaults are starting followed by the write offs.

Although I do like your sig if it's any concelation.

How many Forum Members have actually, began to gather supplies?

How many, if any, have decided to spend that five grand, not on shares, but on tinned food, which will last for a decade, in fear of the Wehrmacht scenario?

Has anyone made any real preparations?

I highly doubt it.

Edited by Milton

did anyone else see the panelist on one of last weeks newsnights eyes fill with tears as it suddenly struck her there was no way out ?

i dont know who she was, but she had to stop speaking and paxo helped her get herself together. this is serious. britannia will go.

she wasnt an audience member. she was a panelist. a writer i think.

Is there a link to this that can be viewed overseas?

Lifespan increased faster from 1900-1950 than it did from 1950-2000, if you allow for the two world wars. The rate of increase of lifespan dropped noticeably around the time the NHS was founded.

Largely owing to the advantages of public health (such as clean water, an understanding of basic hygiene etc) and the dawn of modern medicine (so that the first serious medical misfortune that befell you didint kill you) than any rise in living standards.

The easy wins were all 'in' by the time the NHS was founded. These days we're well past the Pareto point for advances in medicine. It's not the fault of the NHS that half of our kids arent dying of water borne infections anymore.

How many Forum Members have actually, began to gather supplies?

How many, if any, have decided to spend that five grand, not on shares, but on tinned food, which will last for a decade, in fear of the Wehrmacht scenario?

Has anyone made any real preparations?

I highly doubt it.

In a roundabout way I have. Now even more multi skilled operating over very divergent sectors and will to go back to the land if necessary.

No piles of bottled water or tinned food though, reckon I have enough time / cash / capability to gather enough of that on a very short timescale should that be necessary.

KFCs.

Sadly it's already started. Colonel's meals - 2, 3 or 4 pieces or whatever - no more.

Now it's got a daft name "original recipe". Yeah right, we believe you, pull the other one.

They'll sell you a Brazer Twister Meal - what's that, whoever heard of such stuff, what's that all about, why not just call it give us your money, take your chicken pieces and naff off. Meaningless. Decay all around.

kfc-bucket.gif

It all went wrong for KFC when the cooperation took over. Sound familiar.

I do fee sorry for the colonel, If you want real chicken you will have to cook it your self.

check out http://kfc.forumup.co.uk/index.php?mforum=kfc for the original (I mean original, not the crap they serve up these days) recipe.