House Price Crash Forum
right_freds_dead

Its Over

OP.

Take the weight of the world off your shoulders.

Unplug from the media.

Log off and take a break from HPC. It's nothing but a hub for bad news. Drip feeding bad news into your mind day upon day will break you.Reading HPC is actually quite a bad habit, maybe it's an addiction?

Bring the focus of your mind on things you can change. You, your relationships/family/friends & local community. Your life situation.

Unless you manage to rise up the columns of power where all the ability to change things (but none of the will, currently) reading about how shit things have become all day on the internet is not good for your mind or soul.

Really, i mean it - do this for yourself.

Take a break, go for a walk ! marvel at the wonders of the natural world. hug a tree! anything ! just stop reading about how ******ed the world has become because of economics.

Economics are no-where near as important to you as an individual as they are to the media machines pumping this crap out 24/7.

Fight back by ignoring them. You'll feel much better.

History repeats itself, as Human Nature does not change.

Very true.

On the plus side, as the old system collapses, new ones can flourish.

As I have posted several times, people could buy land and secede from the UK. The political system can then do as it pleases, rip itself apart or whatever the liars in suits want it to do. Ofc, it would always have knock on affects on those remaining under the failing state's umbrella, but at least you could stop draining yourself in a futile effort to save it.

All you need is a bunch of like minded people with varying/useful skill sets, some land, and the will to declare independence. The more people do it, the more the state will be unable to act; refusing people the right to freedom is morally repugnant, even for the simplest of minds.

Out of the central planned ashes, would appear distributed, organised units, which could trade with one another as required. In short, it would be a stateless society, born peacefully out of necessity, to avoid the thrashings of the dying beast (the state).

Alternatively, you can gaze at the screen in despair, knowing that our 'leaders' are clueless and not here to help us anyway. Working 40+ hours a week, in order to boost some random GDP figure is a nonsense, which makes the few rich and the many wage slaves. We're just tax livestock, as organised at the wishes of the corporates. It doesn't have to be this way and the alternative isn't a violent uprising, but instead an abandonment of an irrelevant, broken, socio-political system.

yes. these are just the first waves of the knowing. most people will act as my previous post. this is what our fellow country men have become. i wish there were some advantage of our knowledge base, but thats quite depressing when you realise that yes, we were right, but we will pay just as harshly. housing doesnt even come into it. food and security will be so 2010s.

having watched the rounds of political conference.

we are finished because nothing has changed.

they had one chance, and they all failed to see it.

even then it was too rough for the public to swallow.

instead we will die of terminal financial corruption, inaction and political acting.

100% agree.

Cameron had 5 years and licence, with the libs, to begin to do the right things. They have failed. They are gutless. They just looked down the barrels of their own short term BTL empires or whatever the ****** theyve invested in, and thought ....naaa

I heard a quote this week along the lines of "knowing what the right thing to do is easy, getting elected again after youve done it, is the difficult bit". Sums it up nicely.

Saw an interview with Roseanne Barr on Max Kieser. Shes urging America to go back to the land. She can see it.

I also see the that NYPD received a donation from JP Morgan recently. The curtain is slowly being pulled back.

If you choose to look, its all there.

I dont think even George Alagiah will be able to keep that stupid ******ing grin on his face much longer.

You are correct Frederick.

Heres some music.

I used to enjoy this song, it now looks like it will come to fruition.

Scary times ahead no doubt.

How many Forum Members have actually, began to gather supplies?

How many, if any, have decided to spend that five grand, not on shares, but on tinned food, which will last for a decade, in fear of the Wehrmacht scenario?

Has anyone made any real preparations?

I highly doubt it.

I must admit, I have done little other than secure my financial situation. That said, I have intentionally simplified my life, paid down any debts, converted savings into things I can secure outside the banks and so forth. I don't want to be worrying about struggling to pay bills during any transitional period - I want as few ties to the old system as possible.

However, living out in the country does make me less fearful of food supply issues. IMO, people will also pull together to feed one another if needed - there is no point hoarding food which will rot. It's a different sort of problem to a financial one, where greed holds no bounds.

OP.

Take the weight of the world off your shoulders.

Unplug from the media.

Log off and take a break from HPC. It's nothing but a hub for bad news. Drip feeding bad news into your mind day upon day will break you.Reading HPC is actually quite a bad habit, maybe it's an addiction?

Bring the focus of your mind on things you can change. You, your relationships/family/friends & local community. Your life situation.

Unless you manage to rise up the columns of power where all the ability to change things (but none of the will, currently) reading about how shit things have become all day on the internet is not good for your mind or soul.

Really, i mean it - do this for yourself.

Take a break, go for a walk ! marvel at the wonders of the natural world. hug a tree! anything ! just stop reading about how ******ed the world has become because of economics.

Economics are no-where near as important to you as an individual as they are to the media machines pumping this crap out 24/7.

Fight back by ignoring them. You'll feel much better.

I'm not sure if burying your head in the sand is a solution.

I find it far more intellectually useful to identify the bad parts of the system, allowing me to potentially purge them from my life in the future. If we don't learn from the mistakes which have been made previously, we will be doomed to repeat them.

100% agree.

Cameron had 5 years and licence, with the libs, to begin to do the right things. They have failed. They are gutless. They just looked down the barrels of their own short term BTL empires or whatever the ****** theyve invested in, and thought ....naaa

I heard a quote this week along the lines of "knowing what the right thing to do is easy, getting elected again after youve done it, is the difficult bit". Sums it up nicely.

Saw an interview with Roseanne Barr on Max Kieser. Shes urging America to go back to the land. She can see it.

I also see the that NYPD received a donation from JP Morgan recently. The curtain is slowly being pulled back.

If you choose to look, its all there.

I dont think even George Alagiah will be able to keep that stupid ******ing grin on his face much longer.

You are correct Frederick.

Heres some music.

I used to enjoy this song, it now looks like it will come to fruition.

Scary times ahead no doubt.

I saw that show too. She can see it, but she is also running for president and has some pretty crazy/scary ideas of how her Big Government will crack the whip to sort it out. That said, it's good to see such people getting involved, even if they can't see that the government is at the heart of the problem yet.

I find it interesting that people want to try to take charge of the system and shape it to their views. Not only is it near impossibly difficult in light of all the VIs you would have to sweep aside on the way, but it is also not needed. Just rejecting the state from your life is both sufficient and peaceful (unless they pull the guns on you).

Edited by Traktion

[quote name='right_freds_dead' timestamp='1317686814' post='3136583'

losing god counts for so much. not in the faith, in the common bonding. it was part of law. an inner law of morals. we lost that a long time ago and following that moral compass, everything else followed.

Ah yes, the Moral Compass. Like Gordon Brown's, eh?

How many, if any, have decided to spend that five grand, not on shares, but on tinned food, which will last for a decade, in fear of the Wehrmacht scenario?

I highly doubt it.

I have, but not because of a fear of the 'Wehrmacht scenario' but because of the ongoing threat of a catastrophic pandemic.

I've enough supplies to bug out for about 9 months, enough for two waves of infection and time for a vaccine to be rolled out. I increase supplies as and when there's an alert as rationing will be put in place very quickly.

I'm not in fear of a pandemic but I am prepared.

PS If you need cheering up after this, here is a pick me up.

Scroll down to track 11 "Spinning Down The Hill" and click the musical note symbol to play the music.

This is the theme tune used on the Riemann P20 sun cream advert. Close your eyes and think of tropical beaches. Edited by nmarks

did anyone else see the panelist on one of last weeks newsnights eyes fill with tears as it suddenly struck her there was no way out ?

i dont know who she was, but she had to stop speaking and paxo helped her get herself together. this is serious. britannia will go.

she wasnt an audience member. she was a panelist. a writer i think.

REALLY?! What day? STill available online to view?

I must admit, I have done little other than secure my financial situation. That said, I have intentionally simplified my life, paid down any debts, converted savings into things I can secure outside the banks and so forth. I don't want to be worrying about struggling to pay bills during any transitional period - I want as few ties to the old system as possible.

However, living out in the country does make me less fearful of food supply issues. IMO, people will also pull together to feed one another if needed - there is no point hoarding food which will rot. It's a different sort of problem to a financial one, where greed holds no bounds.

I'm not sure if burying your head in the sand is a solution.

I find it far more intellectually useful to identify the bad parts of the system, allowing me to potentially purge them from my life in the future. If we don't learn from the mistakes which have been made previously, we will be doomed to repeat them.

Concur, got to turn your knowledge to your adavantage / sanity / quality of life and make realistic assessments of your own position / location.

I highly doubt it.

If you are in a group of people and a bear comes along, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than the slowest runners. Just by knowing more than the mainstream media propaganda, you are miles ahead of everyone else.

I think it's fine to be optimistic, but not naively optimistic. Like the striking teacher on the radio; "I'm not worried, I will get a pension because it's my human right to get a pension and the government can't do nuffink". These sorts of people are going to lose EVERYTHING, they are sheep to the slaughter.

Edited by Britney's Piers

no. greece will default it is mathematically impossible for them not to. we are so wholly exposed to that we will not be able to fend off a depression larger than the 1930s. it cannot be saved. there is no point in debate or protest. the rich will simply flee. the middle class will discover what HARD TIMES are and the working class will feel hunger again.

we are leaderless and without direction.

the end is here.

at least for the duration of mostly all our lives of the posters of here, at this age.

you will never feel the quality of life again. make the most of the 2 months you have.

You are far too downbeat today! I agree there is an unstoppable bump coming and the Pollies just can't bring themselves to admit it and get on with it. However the other side of that 5 year, worst recession since 1930's, there will be growth, sensible house prices, bank regulations, normal debt levels, work for reward - a new realtionship with Euroland. The fantasy of the last 15 years is over - the so called increase in living stabdards will be see for what it is - a mirage built on debt. Those with fake equity in buildings will lose it. Those with savings will suffer.

I heard today that 78% of tory voters want Britain to leave the EU. No surprise there. Mr Cameron said on the news he did not think there was a majority of the country wanting to leave, and that access to the Euro free market was vital to the UK. The old fear game starting again. There is no danger of Euroland not trading with us in a non tariff environment. We buy all their manufactured goods and it's hard to find anything British to buy when you go over the water. We should at least withdraw to the point of only being trade members like Norway.

REALLY?! What day? STill available online to view?

it was on last weeks show. around tues weds. i wish i could find the link as it was fairly shocking and sad.

she was halfway through explaining the contagion then she suddenly got what it meant, and was middle class, and it seemed to strike her like terminal news.

For all those planning for supplies and 'protecting themselves' and all there is an important thing to remember. If it all goes teets up your friends, family work collegues etc.. will not be in such great positions. And there will be only so much you can do to help them out. So you may be sitting pretty yourself - but having to watch on as people you care about are ******ed over. And there will be very little you can do to help.

So yes - as others have said - if it all goes teets up we will all be ******ed. Personally I don't think it will get that bad. Who knows though. No point worrying about it.

For all those planning for supplies and 'protecting themselves' and all there is an important thing to remember. If it all goes teets up your friends, family work collegues etc.. will not be in such great positions. And there will be only so much you can do to help them out. So you may be sitting pretty yourself - but having to watch on as people you care about are ******ed over. And there will be very little you can do to help.

So yes - as others have said - if it all goes teets up we will all be ******ed. Personally I don't think it will get that bad. Who knows though. No point worrying about it.

Don't forget the rubber johnies. They have a 1001 uses.

i went through this. stocked up for 7 weeks for 7 people got myself an FAC and ammunition, then thought - how long can you live in ignorance. your food will run out and you cant shoot people for being hungry. im not an animal. i resigned myself that we are all going to have to run with the herd. the horrible thing is it will be 20 years long., and then no real change. there never will be. as someone said - its human nature.

the fruitless continuing protests in greece and wall street are not being covered and that knox woman murder is the lead story which should keep some cover fire going, then another non story will happen and so on. sometimes i feel it will never be reported its such a slow slippage into the abyss.

i just can see life for the next 2-4 years being really horrible. once people have learned to live with it, perhaps bonding will return, but i am only hopeful. we have never known hard times. sure we have all been a bit skint, but i doubt any of us have ever been truly hungry.

Edited by right_freds_dead

1001 !! Well I never.

And yes Right said - I agree we have not know really tough times. My life has been cruisy and most other people in the UK have had the same. How would I cope if it all went up in smoke ? No idea. I hope i don't have to find out.

its over. there is no horizon.

I know what you mean Fred.

My septic tank's been on the blink for over week now with no repairman in sight.

I'm literally one crap away from oblivion.

I worked with elderly people and the stories they told of the deprivation of their childhood and the War years humbled me. They came through tough times not knowing from one day to the next whether they would be bombed out, lose a loved one or be able to feed the family on the restricted rations. But they pulled together - neighbours helped out - people survived no sleep and endless work digging bodies out of bombed buildings and setting up a basic infrastructure again. The human spirit can overcome this materialistic society.

yes agreed. but what happened after that ?

back to this.

theres something wrong with human nature. something inbuilt that demands within us the quest to be better than our neighbors.

and those people were people born in the 1920s. their parents ever tougher. harder people. a believing society. dreams. people with gravel in their bellies.

when this hits, which i think it will around the end of november. shock and awe will return upon ourselves.

i wish i could find that newsnight clip. it summed it up all up in 7 seconds.

Edited by right_freds_dead

Cheer up chaps, the iPhone 5 launches today.

Look at the shiny shiny thing, oh the pretty, pretty bauble <repeat to fade>

Does it do Telly?!?

so some positive progress then !

;)

Ditching God is one thing, ditching Good is another.

When the West abandoned it, it abandoned the West.

I saw a t-shirt in Singapore that epitomised the current malaise: An image of the Devil with the words "God's busy, I'm free." or words to that effect.