House Price Crash Forum

RIOTS THREAD MERGED

geezer466

HOLA441

Just enable bluetooth and you can broadcast to every other device that has bluetooth enabled. Limited range of course but good enough for a riot.

It looks like the London rioter are staying in tonight to watch their nicked DVDs on their nicked plasmas or playing their on their nicked xboxes.

I don't know much about rioting, but I've dabbled with blue tooth from a technology perspective... It's fine for 10m to 100m - depending upon whether there's anything in the way - but you can shout those sorts of distances. I imagine what you'd need to organise people would be a range of a couple of kilometres - which, I understand, is the range of a 'microcell'. I'm assuming the network provider's cell would be used, but if you took your own microcell, you'd have absolutely secure private communication with anyone in range... and you'd be able to broadcast to them... though I've no idea how credible this idea is... evidence for it, at best, is scant.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443

Any struggling businesses located near urban areas, with large black populations, should seriously consider taking this opportunity for an insurance cash windfall.

Just saying

Sony might have done just that...

Their financials have been quite disappointing lately.

HOLA444

...they don't like local businesses as they are the 'rich people' who we know can't afford to insure their stock in most cases...anyone aspiring to work hard was targetted it seems.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I can only watch that with the sound off it's so cringe worthy. Funny photos.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I don't know much about rioting, but I've dabbled with blue tooth from a technology perspective... It's fine for 10m to 100m - depending upon whether there's anything in the way - but you can shout those sorts of distances. I imagine what you'd need to organise people would be a range of a couple of kilometres - which, I understand, is the range of a 'microcell'. I'm assuming the network provider's cell would be used, but if you took your own microcell, you'd have absolutely secure private communication with anyone in range... and you'd be able to broadcast to them... though I've no idea how credible this idea is... evidence for it, at best, is scant.

You are missing the point of social networking.

Rioter sends out a broadcast message to every enabled device within range. It then only takes a percentage of those users to broadcast the message on and, before you know it, your message can be broadcast to hundreds if not thousands and to a considerable distance away.

It used to involved some set-up to do it but now there are plenty of freely or cheaply downloaded apps that do it with a couple of clicks.

Heroic, brave Tunisians, Egyptians, Libyans and Syrians for using it.

Cowardly scum British thieves for using it.

Hmm...

HOLA447
HOLA448

Too late I'm afraid.

Riots were yesterday. Since Big Teresa and Desperate Dave got back, it's all over. As they say, when the going gets Toff, the Toffs get going.

Nothing tonight but a few squibs in the West Mids.

Guess we'll never know what it was all about. Sigh.

That's what I predicted earlier, the riots are over now, the middle classes are scared enough so there is no need for more.

Now the government and the banksters can go on raping the country and reducing civil liberties even more since nobody will dare to start a protest anymore (and if somebody does then he/she will just be called a rioter and dealt with swiftly).

This is just like the fake "muslim terrorist" threat that has been used to severely curtail our civil liberties in the past 10 years.

HOLA449

Sony might have done just that...

Their financials have been quite disappointing lately.

I certainly doubt they're massively troubled. The insurance payout of invoice cost for a 200,000 sqft warehouse of CDs would almost certainly be more than they could job it off to clearance outlets for.

HOLA4410

Time to bring the armed police in, & stop this now

http://www.hri.org/docs/ECHR50.html

SECTION I

ARTICLE 2

Everyone's right to life shall be protected by law. No one shall be deprived of his life intentionally save in the execution of a sentence of a court following his conviction of a crime for which this penalty is provided by law.

Deprivation of life shall not be regarded as inflicted in contravention of this article when it results from the use of force which is no more than absolutely necessary:

(a) in defence of any person from unlawful violence;

(B) in order to effect a lawful arrest or to prevent escape of a person lawfully detained;

© in action lawfully taken for the purpose of quelling a riot or insurrection.

Dave should have read this out, and said he knew his human rights.

HOLA4411

The black and the brown and wife? there is a joke in there somewhere, just can`t remember it.

As per his earlier posts, Bingo's reassuringly simple view of the world is that it is composed of white, black or brown people.

He claimed in a later post that he was not racist because he had a Turkish ergo 'brown' wife. I'm trying to highlight how silly and offensive his kind of stereotyping is. I'm pretty sure anyone who'd present his Turkish wife as 'my brown wife' would not stay married very long.

HOLA4412

http://www.hri.org/docs/ECHR50.html

SECTION I

ARTICLE 2

Everyone's right to life shall be protected by law. No one shall be deprived of his life intentionally save in the execution of a sentence of a court following his conviction of a crime for which this penalty is provided by law.

Deprivation of life shall not be regarded as inflicted in contravention of this article when it results from the use of force which is no more than absolutely necessary:

(a) in defence of any person from unlawful violence;

(B) in order to effect a lawful arrest or to prevent escape of a person lawfully detained;

© in action lawfully taken for the purpose of quelling a riot or insurrection.

Perhaps someone needs to inform those rioting of their rights under the human rights act.

HOLA4413

...they don't like local businesses as they are the 'rich people' who we know can't afford to insure their stock in most cases...anyone aspiring to work hard was targetted it seems.... :rolleyes:

At 39 seconds in that vid is a chap in slacks and a blazer - has he been photoshopped in or is he very brave?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

As per his earlier posts, Bingo's reassuringly simple view of the world is that it is composed of white, black or brown people.

He claimed in a later post that he was not racist because he had a Turkish ergo 'brown' wife. I'm trying to highlight how silly and offensive his kind of stereotyping is. I'm pretty sure anyone who'd present his Turkish wife as 'my brown wife' would not stay married very long.

I think he has a better view on the reality of the world than you.

Do you think his wife might have refered to her husband as my white husband now and again , should he divorce her if she did ?

HOLA4418

Do you really think that stating his wife to be brown suggests he would introduce her as his brown wife? If I had a 4 foot tall wife I might accurately state she is very short, but it wouldn't follow that when we met new people I'd say "please let me introduce you to my very short wife".

That's such a silly thing to say it makes you look like you're trying now to back up your pretty heavy accusations of racism in the face of some statements that at face value suggest he isn't racist.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I think he has a better view on the reality of the world than you.

The world is full of people who cannot resist the appeal of racist profiling. That is true. But they will eventually disappear.

Do you think his wife might have refered to her husband as my white husband now and again , should he divorce her if she did ?

Would you just think about this for a minute? Do you think the impact is the same whether you are in a minority or not?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Thinking of it, I bet the approval ratings of 'Dave the tough man' and his government will go up in the next few days.

What a show this was, he urgently returns from holiday, holds few meetings gives a few tough orders and the riots are history.

That's the stuff that marketing and image guys dream of, real life beats hollywood!

Arnold would be proud of Dave...

---

Edited by awake_eagle

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Do you really think that stating his wife to be brown suggests he would introduce her as his brown wife? If I had a 4 foot tall wife I might accurately state she is very short, but it wouldn't follow that when we met new people I'd say "please let me introduce you to my very short wife".

That's such a silly thing to say it makes you look like you're trying now to back up your pretty heavy accusations of racism in the face of some statements that at face value suggest he isn't racist.

Actually, w is quite right about this IMHO. He's wrong about other things though.