House Price Crash Forum

Racist Tension In... Exeter - Dreadful Story!

HOLA441
HOLA442

If the victim was white English, attacked by minorities shouting racist epithets, the press/police would fall over themselves to avoid any mention of ethnicity. It would just be 'victim', 'attackers' etc.

HOLA443

Probably get worse before it gets better.

Children of Men looked like the ultimate outcome of the way Labour was running things, hopefully that's now put away and we can start undoing some of their more deceitful jingoisms.

HOLA444

How does all these Polish guys working in the UK and sending all the money back to Poland help the UK economy?

The guy was probably attacked because the young know he is screwing their future for the betterment of Poland.

HOLA445

How does all these Polish guys working in the UK and sending all the money back to Poland help the UK economy?

The guy was probably attacked because the young know he is screwing their future for the betterment of Poland.

I think you give the thick knuckle dragging dole-ite unemployable chavtards of Exeter too much credit for analytical thinking

HOLA446

Prinstine fake capitalists would say: Because it reduces the cost of labour, it reduces the cost of goods and services and brings them into reach of the normal working person.*

*unfortunately these types forget that when all work is outsourced or insourced you have nobody with any $ to buy anything anymore.

HOLA447
HOLA448

There are almost 6 million Britons living and working abroad. Should they be beaten unconscious by the local thugs??

Are you against all forms of migration? Should we all be forbidden from leaving the UK?

HOLA449

They are helping the economy by keeping slumlords of HMO in rental income while at the same time the indigenous young workers have been priced out of the jobs market and are languishing around on benefits all day, quite often in social/council housing with nothing to do but watch satelite TV.

What a mess!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

The guy was probably attacked because the young know he is screwing their future

Sadly, the young in the UK don't know anything... Otherwise, we'd have lots of attacks on bankers and politicians.

BTW, that poor Polish guy was working here legally. He was allowed into the UK by the UK government which was elected by the UK people.

And it's entirely his business on what he spends his minimum wage.

HOLA4412

i feel for the guy, as no one wants to spend 3 weeks in hospital due ot an "unprovoked" attack. but do we know it is 100% unprovoked by the victim? he was walking back from a pub with mates......

but i see this as a non story.

its no different from supporting a different football team and getting a kicking for that

or comming from a "rival" town/city

or being protistant/catholic

or wearing "different" clothes to the rest of society

or looking at a drunk thug the wrong way

or being gay

did the thugs know 100% that the victim was not a tourist?

the only thing i can see is the Polish/ethnic minority pointing fingers as the UK population saying they get a rough ride, and the (some) UK population saying they are stealing our jobs.

i'm getting bored of all these "raceist" attacks, its an easy card to play, it could have been a dissagreement in the pub over a spilt pint, we only have the victims side of the attack. and that will always be biased.

HOLA4413

Sadly, the young in the UK don't know anything... Otherwise, we'd have lots of attacks on bankers and politicians.

BTW, that poor Polish guy was working here legally. He was allowed into the UK by the UK government which was elected by the UK people.

+1000

This is about a guy who hasbeen badly beaten up. Benefit to the economy is not relevant. That is not an excuse to beat him up. It does not justify his being beaten up. Nor was it the inevitability of economic market forces that beat him up. People did it.

The question to ask of ourselves is what kind of people are we. Do we see ourselves to be like this guy - trying to do the best for our family? Or do we see ourselves as like the guys who beat him up?

HOLA4414

3 chaps out on the lash meet 3 chaps out on the lash at 3.15am. ... Fight starts.

Polish lad comes off worse.

Must have been racists.

This happens up and down the country every single night. Maybe the Polish lad/s were the abusers and someone saw fit to teach him a painful lesson. How can he be sure what was being said. He had been drinking and needs his words translating. Maybe he has access to a tv and perfectly understands through no claim no gain adverts that he may be up for some compo.

Just giving a scenario. No counter balance for argument. Reports like this in the press are dangerous. Certainly will add to tensions locally.

HOLA4415

Is it racially motivated ? Are Poles a different race ?

Economically motivated ? Xenophobia ? Probably, but not racial.

+1

Last time I checked the Polish people were northern Europeans, unless the attackers were anyting other than caucasian northern Europeans It is not racist at all ,just thugs being well, thugish, be very wary of reports that misuse the term "racist" for their own agenda, another example would be classing any opposing discussion or view of a certain religious ideology as "racist". :huh:

HOLA4416

Which made me wonder how the media would label such attackers. 'Bankist', 'politicianist' - ?

Thing is, most isms aren't very nice. However, who was moved to sympathy when Fred the Shred's home was attacked and windows broken?

Anyone? No, thought so.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

What are Poles going to do with Pounds in Poland? Trust me, they don't accept them there.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I thought it was the EU? ie the UK Government had no choice regardless?

HOLA4421

What are Poles going to do with Pounds in Poland? Trust me, they don't accept them there.

Why question me? It's in black and white in the article...

"But Daniel has to stay in Exeter, he can't think about what happened to him as he must go back to work and send money back to Poland."

HOLA4422

Agreed. I wouldn't wish this kind of violence on anyone however I can say whilst I would never advocate or use this kind of violence on other people myself I do have some sympathy for the reasons why there are hostility to Polish people though I have no sympathy for the attack itself.

I'd also like to point out the word racism is overly used these days and he is clearly white as you can see from the picture so this isn't about skin colour but about nationalism and nationalism is much more rampant in most European countries.

Afaik we are the only country in Europe who actively encourages people from around the world to take our low skilled jobs because other European countries are much more defensive of their job market to keep the jobs for their own citizens but IF there was a wave of British immigrants (let's pretend they could speak any European language for this example) going to France or Poland I can assure the violence would be 10x worse than what Polish people experience in Britain.

Also if I was one of those no-hopers living in Britain trying to get a low skilled job and I knew a revolution was out of the question because of the lack of support then I'd probably also hate Polish people for taking jobs which IMO should only be for British people. Every British person who is able to work to a reasonable should be given any available low skilled jobs until foreigners are considered which is exactly the opposite of what is currently happening.

What happens at the moment is a lot of Polish people find work through agencies which secretly allow companies to pay under minimum wage by charging the Polish workers extortionate rent for accomodation (which is part of the working contract) then the agency make a fat profit from the rent money and pay back some of this money to the client company as part of some kind of fake cost/invoice. The government turn a blind eye presumably because they want this to happen or perhaps out of sheer lack of sympathy for any normal British person, either reason is contemptable and justification for a revolution in my opinion.

HOLA4423

Rightly or wrongly, vast amounts of people are sick to death of immigration and sick to death of immigrants.

Societal breakdown occurs when politicians ignore the population and abuse their monopolistic powers. In a representative democracy, politicians have monopolistic powers when they are in office.

HOLA4424

Why question me? It's in black and white in the article...

Because you asked how it helps the UK economy. That's why I question you. They get paid in UK Pound sterling. This is not accepted as currency in Poland. There will be Poles offering Zloty for Pounds but they themselves will also have the same problem of what to do with the Pounds. Those Pounds will get spent in the UK.

HOLA4425

There are almost 6 million Britons living and working abroad. Should they be beaten unconscious by the local thugs??

Are you against all forms of migration? Should we all be forbidden from leaving the UK?

But almost all of those 6 million people are doing SKILLED jobs which most of the local unemployed are unable to do hence why those foreign countries let foreign people do those jobs in the first place. People like you are the ones supporting the governments open gates immigration policy with your ignorance to these obvious differences between British people working abroad and foreigners doing low skilled work in Britain.

Archived