House Price Crash Forum

Housing Bubble Burst

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Switching it off, the show is a disgrace. BOYCOTT THE BBC TAX!

NOW CLASSIC,,,

Dimbers..... "David Laws was in a muddle with his expenses..."

Someone fire that stupid old coot.

Edited by Sir John Steed

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Made the mistake of turning the tv on just before going to bed with Question Time being on.

What is Cable on about? 'burst'? He knows, I know, we all know this bubble is far from burst. There was a time when Cable was HPC pin up boy, but that when the Lib Dems were in opposition. Just goes to show how much the Lib Dems have sold out to the coalition for their quest to be in power.

HOLA448

Made the mistake of turning the tv on just before going to bed with Question Time being on.

What is Cable on about? 'burst'? He knows, I know, we all know this bubble is far from burst. There was a time when Cable was HPC pin up boy, but that when the Lib Dems were in opposition. Just goes to show how much the Lib Dems have sold out to the coalition for their quest to be in power.

He was always an evasive little pr¡ck.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Yes we know the housing bubble isn't burst but at least Cable is getting people to think that houses might not always go up in value when so many other in the public eye are doing everything to hoodwink the nation.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Psychoville was great, wasn't it? :)

Cable: the bubble is only just about to pop, you dimwit!

What I found incredibly frustrating were the British audience who just booed the Conservatives no matter what. Basically they wanted it all without having to turn on a brain cell to see that with more borrowing we'd be stuffed. This is why we should have had a default rather than saving the banks, the people need to awaken to realities.

In fact.... when Labour were in power the Cons got it in the neck on QT... and now the Cons are in power, they get it even worse! I don't think Labour have had one attack on the show since the Cons cam into power!!!

HOLA4413

The whole lib dem thing has me thinking things are far worse than we realise, now they're been made privy to the economic reality you'd only get in the position they are in we get this changed agenda. You know how bad it is from bits and pieces, just imagine if you have it really laid bare in front of you. Quest to be in power? Even now after the recent drubbing they are STILL saying keeping labour out is more important than party concerns. I think lib dems are taking the bullet for us. They must know some things.

HOLA4414

Can you imagine what an audience of HPC'ers would do to those politicians?

Given free reign to ask any questions we wanted to?

Of couse the BBC would never allow it. It would upset the Status Quo.

I'd love to get some of those politicians in front of me, in a locked room, for a good three to four hour interview.

Edited by Dan1

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Yes we know the housing bubble isn't burst but at least Cable is getting people to think that houses might not always go up in value when so many other in the public eye are doing everything to hoodwink the nation.

I agree.

A lot of people (most?) still believe that the current housing market "weakness" is just a temporary thing, and as soon as this recession is over HP will go back up to "normal" (2007) levels, and then continue going up, as they always do... :(

HOLA4417

The whole lib dem thing has me thinking things are far worse than we realise, now they're been made privy to the economic reality you'd only get in the position they are in we get this changed agenda. You know how bad it is from bits and pieces, just imagine if you have it really laid bare in front of you. Quest to be in power? Even now after the recent drubbing they are STILL saying keeping labour out is more important than party concerns. I think lib dems are taking the bullet for us. They must know some things.

I agree that the LibDems are acting in the national interest. Sad that so few can see that.

But we all know how bad the economic situation is. The data is public, and tragic. It was a national disaster, that has ruined a generation (ours), and that will have lasting consequences for a few more.

I'm sorry but I am currently working on emigration options.

My last hope for Britain is the SNP wining their independence referendum, making it much harder for Labour to win in the future. This could make Britain England viable for our (future) children.

HOLA4418

Can you imagine what an audience of HPC'ers would do to those politicians?

Given free reign to ask any questions we wanted to?

Of couse the BBC would never allow it. It would upset the Status Quo.

I'd love to get some of those politicians in front of me, in a locked room, for a good three to four hour interview.

Dan you had a brilliant idea: That is easily done, on YouTube.

Since it would be great publicity for the Forum, the Moderators could organise it, very low cost stuff, just a room and a web camera! Invite a politician - OK, we will not get a cabinet minister, but perhaps Shapps, or some MP that believes he/she has some knowledge on economics and house prices. And invite some Forum Members - 20? 50? 100? Do it in London, as we must have plenty of Forum members over there, or around it. They could make 1 hour of video, then edit it down to some 10-20 minutes of "best moments".

It could be very very good. :)

HOLA4419

Dan you had a brilliant idea: That is easily done, on YouTube.

Since it would be great publicity for the Forum, the Moderators could organise it, very low cost stuff, just a room and a web camera! Invite a politician - OK, we will not get a cabinet minister, but perhaps Shapps, or some MP that believes he/she has some knowledge on economics and house prices. And invite some Forum Members - 20? 50? 100? Do it in London, as we must have plenty of Forum members over there, or around it. They could make 1 hour of video, then edit it down to some 10-20 minutes of "best moments".

It could be very very good. :)

Or you could edit a series of monthly 'quotes' together of the common knowledge disseminated/posted on here on an HPC video channel - according to them HPC own you :o (although Bubb was having none of that)

HOLA4420

I agree that the LibDems are acting in the national interest. Sad that so few can see that.

But we all know how bad the economic situation is. The data is public,

I don't know about that, i expect they are privy to much more dirty info than we are, most likely isn't it

HOLA4421

I don't know about that, i expect they are privy to much more dirty info than we are, most likely isn't it

Yeah, you could be right. But the macro-economic data is public. One thing we - or at least I - don't know is who is buying all these UK gov. bonds?! :blink: It is junk! Who would buy a UK bond paying 2 or 3%aa if inflation is 5%aa?! :unsure: It doesn't make sense.

HOLA4422

I was actually quite pleased that Vince got that comment in about the housing bubble :)

However I am now confused: Gordon Brown told us that UK debt was amongst the lowest in the western economies, now VC is telling us it was the highest?

It's funny because both of them are probably advised by exactly the same economists in the Treasury. I mean, have any of them been sacked?

HOLA4423

I was actually quite pleased that Vince got that comment in about the housing bubble :)

However I am now confused: Gordon Brown told us that UK debt was amongst the lowest in the western economies, now VC is telling us it was the highest?

It's funny because both of them are probably advised by exactly the same economists in the Treasury. I mean, have any of them been sacked?

Gov. debt (accumulated) is average, internationally.

Gov annual budget deficit (annual budget shortfall) is the highest in the world amongst developed nations.

(We are borrowing even more to cover this annual shortfall, and adding this new borrowing to the gov. debt.)

Total national debt (gov+households+companies) is now probably the highest in the world, as we may have overtaken Japan by now.

Edited, trying to make it clearer.

Edited by Tired of Waiting

HOLA4424

The fact that almost no economists have in any way been professionally impacted buy their collective failure to see the imminent meltdown of the system they claim to be experts in is easily explained- their role is that of cheerleaders for whichever outfit pays them- no one really expects them to be either right or even honest- just to trot out on command whichever line of propaganda they are employed to propagate.

HOLA4425

Could it be that Gordon Brown was lying? :ph34r: